Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur And Skana Prime To Ps4

The delicious irony would be if it's Loki Prime.

That said, I'm still betting on some kind of a Playstation exclusive game tie-in like Killzone or God of War.

They can have their own exclusive, but if it's a Prime(s) all hell will break loose. I think DE has learned their lesson on making Prime exclusives.

Yeah, and if they don't want to fix it, they need to make this mistake again. To balance out both versions. I'd prefer Nyx prime as PS4 exclusive myself. Could fit nicely with God of War theme too.

They can have their own exclusive, but if it's a Prime(s) all hell will break loose. I think DE has learned their lesson on making Prime exclusives.

I think at this junction they probably just need to make the Founder's exclusive prime stuff drop in the void, maybe if/when they release another tier or something.

Edited by Gelkor

I think at this junction they probably just need to make the Founder's exclusive prime stuff drop in the void, maybe if/when they release another tier or something.

ooor just leave well enough alone and take notes from the past?  I don't have excal prime or skana prime and don't care really, why do other people xD?

Yeah, and if they don't want to fix it, they need to make this mistake again. To balance out both versions. I'd prefer Nyx prime as PS4 exclusive myself. Could fit nicely with God of War theme too.

That's just it though. There can't be balance in that aspect anymore. I dunno if you knew about it, but Frost Prime was slated to be an exclusive for the Fusion Moa event all those months ago. People were up in arms when they found it was later obtained in the Void.

Again, I'm all for a PS4 exclusive pack, but if it's anything other than a slightly buffed reskin of Excalibur, skana, and lato, or if it comes with primes never to be obtained by PC players, people will certainly not be happy.

Edited by Ionus

ooor just leave well enough alone and take notes from the past?  I don't have excal prime or skana prime and don't care really, why do other people xD?

You haven't spent enough? IDK, I would have dropped this game and uninstalled it in disgust long ago, but by the time I learned of that mistreatment by developers I've already spent over $300. So now that they said they'll offer PS4 exclusives and remove PC exclusives from the codex I sort of stick around waiting. If they screw up this last chance to atone, I'm done with this game. While I wait, why not discuss what exclusives would be acceptable. Like Nyx Prime.

Just for the sake of chiming in with my own thoughts on the matter;  I really and truly hope we PS4 peeps never get one darn exclusive anything in this game.  I'm a bit of a completionist and mastery junkie and I'm completely alright and understanding of the stuff I've missed (Strun Wraith, Founder's stuff, ect), so at least not all of us on this side of the fence are... well, entitled.

All in all, yeah, exclusives suck for just about everyone involved.  The solution sure as hek isn't to just add more exclusives though, just the thought of that is pretty laughable.

Also, just to add in another point;  People bringing up the "could not save" situation we've been suffering over here on the PS4 side for much longer than what happened on the PC side.  It's literally not a catch-all thing on our side, outside of a small handful of its occurance the week of Tethra's Doom's launch I've had that bug rear its ugly mug a grant total of *drum-roll* once, and I play a fair bit.  It's pretty difficult to fix intermittent bugs, and, from my understanding, the PC side's instance of that bug was much the opposite in terms of frequency.

That's just it though. There can't be balance in that aspect anymore. I dunno if you knew about it, but Frost Prime was slated to be an exclusive for the Fusion Moa event all those months ago. People were up in arms when they found it was later obtained in the Void.

Again, I'm all for a PS4 exclusive pack, but if it's anything other than a slightly buffed reskin of Excalibur, skana, and lato, or if it comes with primes never to be obtained by PC players, people will certainly not e happy.

People are always unhappy. And right now PS4 version's been treated so poorly for so long that amends need to be made. They refused to offer us Excalibur, lato and skana prime, so I'd expect equal offer. 3 primes that are never available on PC vs 3 primes that are never available on PS4.

People are always unhappy. And right now PS4 version's been treated so poorly for so long that amends need to be made. They refused to offer us Excalibur, lato and skana prime, so I'd expect equal offer. 3 primes that are never available on PC vs 3 primes that are never available on PS4.

The only true problem I see with that is that if you take a prime of an existing frame (say: Nyx) and exclusive prime it on the PS4 the outrage from players who have been playing that frame since closed beta who have wanted that prime variant for almost a year would be insane.

The best solution at is to either add PS exclusive variants of the founders gear, or make founders gear no longer exclusive and drop in the void/OD

I personally think DE are making it a point that no primes will be made exclusive anymore. Excalibur, Lato, and Skana Prime were a one-time case, since they were released when PS4 wasn't a thing. These Primes were founders items, not PC items, and in turn that meant PS4 couldn't have them from how it was set up. Trying to see from DE's perspective, I don't think they want anymore exclusive primes....

However, I guess all that can be done is to wait. Whatever DE is cooking up for you guys I hope for the best. More primes I personally don't think would be a smart move.

The only true problem I see with that is that if you take a prime of an existing frame (say: Nyx) and exclusive prime it on the PS4 the outrage from players who have been playing that frame since closed beta who have wanted that prime variant for almost a year would be insane.

The best solution at is to either add PS exclusive variants of the founders gear, or make founders gear no longer exclusive and drop in the void/OD

And since developers refused to do any of those I'll take Nyx (or Saryn, any other frame) prime instead. Best/fair solutions were rejected by developers, so we discuss acceptable ones.

I personally think DE are making it a point that no primes will be made exclusive anymore. Excalibur, Lato, and Skana Prime were a one-time case, since they were released when PS4 wasn't a thing. These Primes were founders items, not PC items, and in turn that meant PS4 couldn't have them from how it was set up. Trying to see from DE's perspective, I don't think they want anymore exclusive primes....

However, I guess all that can be done is to wait. Whatever DE is cooking up for you guys I hope for the best. More primes I personally don't think would be a smart move.

Well, waiting it is indeed. To me what matters most is that those exclusives are mastery-giving items. I hope Sony applies some pressure too. More primes would be the best way to appease PS4 players IMO. Then again, maybe a prime sentinel instead of prime warfame will be ok.

You haven't spent enough? IDK, I would have dropped this game and uninstalled it in disgust long ago, but by the time I learned of that mistreatment by developers I've already spent over $300. So now that they said they'll offer PS4 exclusives and remove PC exclusives from the codex I sort of stick around waiting. If they screw up this last chance to atone, I'm done with this game. While I wait, why not discuss what exclusives would be acceptable. Like Nyx Prime.

You will be missed -sniff-

Oh, I do love it when the entitled players know that they're missing out on what amounts to almost nothing.

The Founders Program wasn't a platform exclusive. It was time-based. If you didn't find out about the game before the program ended, you get nothing, regardless of platform. Saying that the PS4 version should get exclusives would be just like saying the PC version should get exclusives; it makes no sense! Especially at this point.

Now to be serious: It was explicitly stated that Founders will never return in any capacity.

The Founders Program wasn't a platform exclusive. It was time-based. If you didn't find out about the game before the program ended, you get nothing, regardless of platform

Quoted and emphasized as this is the truth of the Founders program exclusive items. It was also repeatedly stated in Livestreams that those items would never be released ever again.

To wrap this up, a final word from the Lotus:

"No matter what the stance, the team has no plans to return the original Founders Program."

-DERebecca

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/194115-why-founders-pack-exclusivity-is-hard-to-defend/page-44