Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vote Kick/honor System For Match Up

pepsi-tan

Too often do I run an invasion and someone ends up just idling at spawn. These people are taking up valuable space that could otherwise be given to someone who actually wants to kill enemies. I'm sure this has been brought up hundreds of times, and it needs to be brought up hundred times more until the system gets delivered. It's not fair for players to deal with A******s who don't want to play, who just want to sit there and leech. 

And its also not fair for people to be kicked from a match for simple reasons like: "I dont like the warframe/weapon you are using" or "Your user name is stupid". Both of those things and more would happen with a vote kick system. A kick system can be abused to no end.

DE is slowly working on a Reputation system that should help out much better than any vote kick system would.

Because the current system isn't being abused, ala idlers.

Vote kick, so you need three people to agree on it, and you would get a limited amount of votes a day to discourage kick spamming. It's not like this kind of system hasn't been implemented in countless games.

People say vote kick systems would be abused.

I have played many games with vote kick systems and the system was only ever used if the person was being stupid, and if someone was using it to be corrupt, they didnt get kicked.  Simple as that.

And what will you do when you're about to finish an alert, or get to wave 14 on a defense, and are suddenly kicked?

What will you do when you constantly get a popup saying "X has started a vote to kick Y" over and over and over again as fast as that person can spam it?

What will you do when you try to join matches but constantly get something along the lines of "You play that frame?" or "You use that weapon?" and then a vote kick starts against you?

The answer to those is to come to forums and rage that people are abusing the kick system and that its not fair that they can kick you because they dont like the frame/weapon you're using or that they can just spam it and interrupt combat.

The reputation system will go a long ways to solve the issues people have with leeching and trolling, and is a much more permanent solution then a temporary kick.

IF a kick just has to be implemented there would need to be rather strict limitations placed on it. And even then it should be avoided.

And what will you do when you're about to finish an alert, or get to wave 14 on a defense, and are suddenly kicked?

Why would this happen?

What will you do when you constantly get a popup saying "X has started a vote to kick Y" over and over and over again as fast as that person can spam it?

Nothing? In all likelyhood a person like that would get negative honor for being a #$&(% instead, provided the system put in place isn't halfassed.

What will you do when you try to join matches but constantly get something along the lines of "You play that frame?" or "You use that weapon?" and then a vote kick starts against you?

I have never seen anyone do this yet. Why would it start with a vote kick introduced? Reaching for some straws are we?

The reputation system will go a long ways to solve the issues people have with leeching and trolling, and is a much more permanent solution then a temporary kick.

I'm at the edge of my seat.

IF a kick just has to be implemented there would need to be rather strict limitations placed on it.

No S#&$.

Edited by pepsi-tan

Every game i have ever had with a player based kick system results in extreme levels of misuse. People just end up kicking nubes, and trolling people with it for fun. A simpler solution would be to not give rewards and completion to people that don't participate. Easy enough to make an algorithm to detect people doing this.

Edited by radiogluten