Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kappa, Kiste, And Spawncampers. A Suggestion

7.T.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before and personally I've tried to deal with it for a while but 98% of the time I'm the only person in the same room as the defense object on these maps. This really bites for the enjoyment and my EXP earnings. When I first joined, people were good about fighting in the same room and more vets asked other players to fight in the same room, letting newbies know that EXP sharing is proximity based. It seems like everyone stopped caring completely around U10. Not sure why. Nearly everyone goes to these missions for EXP so it is literally better for all players to fight in the same room.

The only suggestion I can think of is to give all EXP made to people who are in the same room as the defense object regardless of how far away a kill was made. If your in the room, you get the EXP. If your not in the room, you don't get any EXP even if you made the kill but the people who are in the room get the shared EXP. 

Obviously I could attempt to form a group of friends that will fight in the same room but that isn't the point or a solution.

If a Dev reads this, please consider something about this issue.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Please post if you agree.

Thank you for reading

Edited by 7.T.

interesting, and I do love to penalize people who don't play the objective. maybe make affinity gain from mob def centered on the terminal? so you gain affinity based on proximity to the terminal. not sure if it should be the same for defense, but you know that guy who runs to the other side of the map and kills things in the big corpus planetary defense map? yeah, I don't like that guy

so actually, I would want affinity gain to be based on proximity to the terminal in mob def, and the pod in defense. then people will learn not to spawn camp. or maybe half the total affinity is based on proximity to the pod/terminal, so if you kill a lot of things, you still get something for it, but not so much if you're camping a door. or an alternative would be to make it so all team affinity (gained from other players kills and distributed evenly to all your weapons) would be awarded based on proximity to pod/terminal. so you'd still get full experience for your own kills, but when at the end of the mission your unused secondary has gained 0 levels while you were mowing down enemies with your soma, you'll realize it was because you were being a hallway hero. then again, that would make leeching extremely easy, though. AFKers could just sit by the terminal/pod and leave, reaping all the free affinity. out of the frying pan, into the fire

damn, back to square one

Although leeching by the pod would make them more exposed  on most maps wouldn't it? And leeching is always an issue for sure but I still think something should change. I dunno lol just tired of it. Maybe when your downed and at the revive/dont revive screen, the gaining of exp could stop. so people would realize who is leeching while afk, let them die, and they don't get exp but they'd still take up a squad slot I guess.... ugh

EDIT: After thinking about it for a bit, I think I'd prefer leechers over hallway heros on these maps.

EDIT 2: Screwed either way exp wise though huh....

EDIT 3: Not as much as leechers though since instead of no exp from kills happening far away, I'd get the kills lol still...

Edited by 7.T.

*coughcoughhttps://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/216645-emergency-extraction'>shamelessplugcoughcought*

THough your solution would solve many issues with the Door heros...

However, you still have people that arent going to be caring about affinity. AND AFKers that just chillout in a random corner of the Pod-Room out of the line of fire.

I hate those asshats

there should be area around the pod that will grant you your share of exp of any and all mobs killed on the current map regardless of the distance

so if a doorway moron goes out and kills the spawns away from team , the rest of the team will still get exp share from his kills if they stay next to objective , but  the person that is not close to it will not get anything at all

and I rather deal with afkers than with hallway/doorway retards

Edited by syle

I have made several posts about the quality of players, yet I always get bashed, and presented with stupid replies.

I like how more ppl are starting to bring up this subject more and more.

I deal with these bad players in varied ways to try to punish and stop them, either way those attempts are not a big success.

xp share was very well made on this game, makes the players stick together and the teams work better.

Not really sure if your suggestion works or make any difference, since the main subject is xp share, but theres more to it then just that one problem.

If I had to suggest, I would say that in the same way we see the xp of killings, we should see the xp we are not winning.

In the same spot were ammo and recourses text shows, not earned xp would show in red.

This maybe could create awareness to players who aren't in xp share range.

But even this suggestion doesn't solve the other problems, only creates awareness, but this could be good to teach the players about xp share.

Edited by 7grims

If I had to suggest, I would say that in the same way we see the xp of killings, we should see the xp we are not winning.

In the same spot were ammo and recourses text shows, not earned xp would show in red.

This maybe could create awareness to players who aren't in xp share range.

But even this suggestion doesn't solve the other problems, only creates awareness, but this could be good to teach the players about xp share.

That would generate the fastest reaction for sure.

Especially if it was with a text that said "Too Far from Objective".

if you REALLY wanted to hardline this, no enemy will drop ANYTHING outside of the Pod Tile

I share your pain. Survival is (lolpun) suicidal with randoms, instead of sticking together near the capsules they rush off everywhere.

If I'm host I just block my connection for a second, and they're all gone. That's the only solution.

That would generate the fastest reaction for sure.

Especially if it was with a text that said "Too Far from Objective".

if you REALLY wanted to hardline this, no enemy will drop ANYTHING outside of the Pod Tile

Yah, actually, no matter were it appears, could be on the minimap, could be with those flying numbers we see around the map, either way works.

But this is just something a players is missing out, because the game doesn't compensate or give for playing out of the shared xp range parameters.

What im suggesting is an information mechanism, your final suggestion is intentionally a punishment, and those are like arc traps, no fun.

We want to reward or teach the players, not punish them.

The hate against door heroes is pretty irrational.  If you want affinity go kill enemies; you are not entitled to the affinity from the kills of others unless you are in range.  Furthermore, sitting on the objective is a poor method of farming Oxium do to the Kappa tileset's layout, so all the people complaining about door heroing there are perpetuating a witch hunt rather than helping their fellow players.  Sitting on the defense target is not always a good idea, especially in Mobile Defense maps which have more complicated spawn mechanics than regular Defense.

The hate against door heroes is pretty irrational.  If you want affinity go kill enemies; you are not entitled to the affinity from the kills of others unless you are in range.  Furthermore, sitting on the objective is a poor method of farming Oxium do to the Kappa tileset's layout, so all the people complaining about door heroing there are perpetuating a witch hunt rather than helping their fellow players.  Sitting on the defense target is not always a good idea, especially in Mobile Defense maps which have more complicated spawn mechanics than regular Defense.

If everyone is grouped together that gives you 4 guns on one target, vice 1v1. Not everyone specs their gun to kill Oxium Ospreys, and not everyone takes a level 30 weapon with them that has been forma'd 4 times.

Group together, and kill together.

Sitting on the objective is always the wise move when farming for something. All targets spawn normally, and all group up as they approach the point, making them easy pickings to a power or two, or Punch Through weapons.

In Kappa's Case i actually prefer it that people fight in the middle room, it makes sense, and makes killing the OO easier. I just hate it when they LEAVE THE MAP TILE to go be GI Joe.

-snip-

If the door heroes happen to be in range then sure but letting the baddies into one room helps farming a ton instead of having it spread all over. And your supposed to stay near the defense object in defense modes... Otherwise you'd loose. If the whole group were killing baddies at spawn, you'd loose and if you expect one player to stay behind to make sure a prod crewman or a charger doesn't sneak up on the thing, that isn't considerate at all either. I'm sorry but here really isn't a situation where door heroes > fighting in the same room for this. Its just better logically all around

EDIT: Also, less about entitlement to the affinity of other players, more about sharing the wealth

Edited by 7.T.

1- The less ppl are sharing affinity the less xp everybody will have at the end of the round.

2- You win more by killing and let other kill wile all in xp share range.

3- If you are killing everybody, your squad haves no enemies to kill and earn xp.

4- Sitting on objective, IS THE BEST WAY to farm oxium and xp, cause the more you visit all the doors, the less enemies spawn.

5- By hunting alone, you are winning as much xp as playing solo, which isn't much at all, and you are scattering all the drops everywhere.

6- Sitting on the defense target IS A GOOD IDEA, if everybody left, enemies would destroy the pod/terminal, and you would loose.

Edited by 7grims

• Spawn camping lowers overall spawn rate of the terminal/pod's room because you draw the spawns away to a different spawn origin

• Spawn camping scatters loot and drops, forcing other players to run back and forth, and can result in players mistaking each other for spawn camping when they really only just wanted the drops

• Spawn camping reduces radial EXP your teammates earn. Warframe is a co-op game, and you're stealing the EXP that would have benefited your entire squad.

• Spawn camping prevents the terminal/pod from being properly protected if no one is around to watch it. How can you protect something if you aren't there to protect it?

• The rate of killing becomes less effective if the team is scattered. Instead of four players at four different points of the map drip-killing spawns, it's more effective overall to group at one point and wipe out the enemy squads all at once to push the game to adding more spawns quickly.

• Reviving is harder if all players are scattered from the objective. If one person dies outside the room, someone will rush to his help and leave the pod further defenseless.

• Spawn camping easily causes chain reactions. If one guy in a group of four goes off to camp, the group now faces the above detriments. In an attempt to keep their loot and EXP, players will run and catch up to the camper so that they won't miss out on drops and affinity. This can lead to situations where you have three guys camping at a single point and only one person at the objective.

In Kappa's Case i actually prefer it that people fight in the middle room, it makes sense, and makes killing the OO easier. I just hate it when they LEAVE THE MAP TILE to go be GI Joe.

This is generally wisest (always staying in the pod room) although in some map configurations upwards of 50 enemies will spawn somewhere between the starting point of the map and the pod room and they will slowly trudge to the pod room.  In these cases a door hero actually helps by flushing them periodically and getting more fresh spawns nearer to the objective.  In Kappa spawn killing is good, not spawn camping.  Ideally one person using a pimped out Saryn should cycle through all the spawn points repeatedly wiping them out while the rest of the group stays in the cryopod room, periodically running out to the spawn points to collect the Oxium.  I average around 75 Oxium per run with this method whereas most of the groups that stay on the objectives are lucky to reach 50.  The CPU power of the host is also a factor (more CPU power = more spawns.)  Sitting on the objective ensures the enemies reach everyone but also increase the time it takes for fresh units to die, decreasing the overall number of spawns per run.  My method maximizes the amount of spawns while providing exp to the group for most of the kills.  The only potential downside to this method is that the team has to run out to pick up the Oxium which is a small price to pay considering the greater number of pickups they will get.  

Edited by RealPandemonium