Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Against The Solo Type Of Play

Tsak

Getting marked and hunted by anything (except the harvester he's a joke) is complete bullS#&$
it's not hard, its cheap, it's tedious, it's a waste of precious resources like oxium or platinum

i define cheap like this, 1-shot bs, mechanics that have little to no counter-play or that force aborts

stalker using dread-cheap, it's cheap because otherwise he's a joke of a fight. if he decides to shoot you with the dread its almost always (depending on the warframe) an insta-kill

that isn't hard, that is completely bullS#&$
it's a waste of my resources..
the grustrag 3 aren't so bad, but some combinations they can do also result in no counter play

being blind->shield knockdown is basically an instant loss (even with quick thinking since it was nerfed)
this doesn't make the game difficult, it makes it cheap
it cheapens my experience... especially considering im FORCED to use my Nekros because tranquil cleave farming is complete and utter bs and solo running it with another warframe is too ineffcient

i have no trouble with these silly encounters except when im on a fragile frame that isn't made to deal with complete 1-shot bs
make the fights interesting or drawn out in certain ways
plenty of ways to make them interesting
dark souls for example is much more difficult but it's fair, there is a counter to everything. many different ways to deal with an enemy or a boss
this game doesn't have any counter play in some situations and is just completely dependant on whether or not the AI decides to be a jerk or not
that's artificial difficulty and it's lame

Is it really artificial? Is there really no counter? I don't suppose the term "cover" rings any bells, especially when most weapons kill Stalker all but instantly. My Ember with 660 shields 300 health does fine as long as I have at least one 30 'n 'tatered weapon on me.

(I always carry one solo just in-case Stalker/Grustag say hi.)

As far as the stance farm that's a temporary situation, DE has confirmed they're experimenting with alternative drop locations including Proxy War and the finished Dark Sectors/Badlands.

Edited by un1337ninj4

Meh.. I've soloed Grustrag and Stalker successfully on rank 7-15 gear. Step one - when you see the screen going weird, RUN. Find a spot you can jump them from. If they jump you you're dead, but if you get the jump on them you'll be fine. I like it - it adds an element of risk to the game, especially when you're leveling gear - and even if you're maxxed out in a group the G3 can murder you if you're not careful. Play smart and you'll kill them most of the time and reap the rewards (:

I agree with stances. I think they should be boss drops (IE Vor could have a 50% chance of dropping one stance, and a 50% chance of dropping the other - so there's still farming but it's accessible). If I hadn't had a ton of credits to burn on transmuting - which is a pretty good way to get them - I'd probably be even more annoyed.

Edited by xveganrox

It really isn't that hard. Stalker has only one-shot me when I've been laughably underpowered (all low rank gear), but generally not even then. You pay attention to when he is going to appear (you should know), then account for that. Move around. A lot. Hide behind cover so it makes it harder to hit you/not possible to Slash Dash you. He's really not hard. 

Also, stances are a completely different conversation. However, Tranquil Cleave is generally pretty easy. Nekros helps, but is not needed. Do an Earth defense or survival mission. Loki makes it super easy by making them go into melee, spawn Decoy, cleave them with your melee or AoE wep.

There is somethign you can do... not equip nekros for these things? Why does every frame have to be just as good as every possible encounter.

Take nekros to mission -> greater chance of mod, Weaker frame to damage

Take tough frame -> Normal chance of mod, Better at soaking damage

That is called risk to reward my friend.

Please don't complain just because in your one specific scenario (which you are descrying now) you get killed by stalker 1 or 2 times...

If you kept running missions for tranquil cleave eventually you will run out of death marks anyway.

Please don't feedback into general discussion with poorly thought out feedback.

dark souls for example is much more difficult but it's fair, there is a counter to everything. many different ways to deal with an enemy or a boss

this game doesn't have any counter play in some situations and is just completely dependant on whether or not the AI decides to be a jerk or not

that's artificial difficulty and it's lame

This basically sums up my frustration with this game.

there is this thing called "Blocking" ... you do it with melee weapons.... equip Reflection mod on your warframe.... Block until they kill them selves.... Stalker in specific dies in 2 or 3 of his own arrows

See that would require the OP and his sympathizers to actually read things like the Codex. And maybe even have to change around some key bindings. Man that's a pain. What a terrible suggestion. /sarcasm

It's a matter skill. Don't freak out, stay on the move, and use cover. Since the server issues started, I do nothing but solo them, as most of the time I'm playing solo. I have not used any Forma or Potatoes, save as crafting materials. 

Yeah... Because this game won't change for anyone.

It isn't that the game won't change. In fact, it is changing constantly and we are warned by this when the description of the game says "Beta." If you read the other postings that people are putting up here, we are all doing just fine. I had a rank 2 Gorgon and almost killed Stalker with it (5 more bullets and he would have been dead).

If you don't like the game, you don't have to play. It's a choice that you have to make.

I wish you the best of luck.

Stalker don't kill me.

Stalker don't kill me because he don't hit me, and he don't hit me because I stay mobile.

Run in circle around him, shoot. Profit.

G3 hits hard but they are vulnerable to crowd control. Use it to your advantage.

Harvester is a pain in the &#! to shoot, but not that hard.

It isn't that the game won't change. In fact, it is changing constantly and we are warned by this when the description of the game says "Beta." If you read the other postings that people are putting up here, we are all doing just fine. I had a rank 2 Gorgon and almost killed Stalker with it (5 more bullets and he would have been dead).

If you don't like the game, you don't have to play. It's a choice that you have to make.

I wish you the best of luck.

Wow... I said I was frustrated, not "omg I quit!", and everyone's biting me in the &#!... Geez.

Wow, you guys managed to go beyond jerks, way to ignore an whole post and follow the flame-the-OP norm.
Because the guy actuality has an good point there

Some of those encounters and alike enemies, can be just way too unforgiving for solo gameplay and using your top gear is not really an solution lol. (freedom of play style & not having access to the weapons)

From the stalker perspective it kind makes sense that he hunts you when you are most vulnerable, although, there should be an line here.

Kudos to that guy who mentioned blocking though, reverse kudos for being an sarcastic A****** though, he's frustrated, give him a break at least.

blocking and parry is really an nice counter measure, however, there should be more.

Anyway...

Regardless if you can momentary avoid being one-shot-killed, it shouldn't ever be the case of instantly killing with one shot, it doesn't really make an great and hard experience, if anything, any experience at all. (think of broken lights here guys).

I'd suggest if enemies wouldn't ever be able to deal more of 75% of your health and shields combined. but feel free to give something else.

And seriously, i am just kind of amazed that everyone now somewhat is alright with the fact of using cover but still wouldn't agree to have an cover system, you know, able to have a peek while in cover and stuff like that? Be cautious? 

Cheers.