Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Call Of The Faithful [Open Rp]

Sumika1204

As Ansilm had witness some of the action at the garden now already he became question Derelicts capabilities to defend itself. Place was big giving advances to both sides to attacking and defending sides. "I require to be assigned to front line" Ansilm said. His voice were like a whisper from nowhere but it was filled with courage and experience over fighting. "I may have lost my memory but I do remember how to fight" Ansilm continued.

Suddenly, all the HUDs indicated an incoming transmission. A box appeared, the background was dark, and the Tenno could barely make out the form of a face staring back at them.

"So, you have slain my messenger. Did his words burn your ears Tenno? Was the light to much for your darkened eyes to comprehend? Since you will not hear my message from my angels, I shall speak to the fallen directly. My name is Silac, and I bring your reckoning. Your sins have condemned you, and your judgment draws nigh... However, it is not to late, you can be forgiven. Release your false Herald to me, and I will spare you. If you do not, your fate will be sealed, and you will know the meaning of Hell. What say you betrayers? You have one minute to decide.

**END OF TRANSMISSION**

Argus walks into the Garden, spotting the Divinites and others. "Well it seems we are quite the predicament!" he then turns to the twins clad in black and red, "Ah little Jinx! How nice it is to see you again!" he walks over to her and pats her on the head.

Tyranis glanced over to see Argus patting Jinx on the head, he could tell she was uncomfortable, but he needed a word. "Argus if you don't mind i'd like to speak to you in private before i go help teach the Corpus a lesson they won't soon forget." Salic's transmission came over his HUD, he stayed silent until it was finished, then started to laugh. "Hhehehehehehehe! Little dogs sure like to bark a lot. We'll see how much bark Salic has after his own ships turn against him. Argus if you would?" He made for the garden exit and gestured Argus to follow him.

Tyranis glanced over to see Argus patting Jinx on the head, he could tell she was uncomfortable, but he needed a word. "Argus if you don't mind i'd like to speak to you in private before i go help teach the Corpus a lesson they won't soon forget." Salic's transmission came over his HUD, he stayed silent until it was finished, then started to laugh. "Hhehehehehehehe! Little dogs sure like to bark a lot. We'll see how much bark Salic has after his own ships turn against him. Argus if you would?" He made for the garden exit and gestured Argus to follow him.

"Of course old friend." Argus then followed Tyranis, "So what is it you need of me Ty?"

"Of course old friend." Argus then followed Tyranis, "So what is it you need of me Ty?"

He spoke to Argus, the tone in his voice was quite serious. "I couldn't help but notice Desolas is back... The ignorance and hatred burns off him like a raging fire, i could sense it from miles away. Do be careful with him Argus. He will stop at nothing to get what he wants, position, power, and he will go through anyone to get it. For the sake of your son and his future do not let him out of your sight." His tone went from serious to carefree in an instant. Tyranis snickered as he put his helmet back on "I'm sure you can take care of yourself Mr. "Iron Wall". Lets get a nice drink after this is all said and done... Like the good old days."

Edited by MasterDread

As he was on his way to the cafeteria, the voice of the Herald came in through the speakers. He kept walking as he listened and decided to go to the Garden after he had a quick snack. A few moments later, a dark figure appeared through a transmission which surprised and forced Taranis to stop in his tracks. He tried to see if he'd recognize the voice with just his memory, but failed to do so. The transmission was over and he didn't know what to think of this threat. His face changed expressions as he wondered, and finally after a few minutes, he scoffed. Taranis changed his mind about the cafeteria and went straight to the Garden. 

Upon arriving at the Garden doors, Taranis spots a jet-black and red Oberon with a Rhino Prime but doesn't bother to introduce himself. He enters the Garden and sees the Herald. As he walked up to her he spoke, "I'd like to volunteer for the attack on this Corpus fleet."

Edited by CosmoKnight

He spoke to Argus, the tone in his voice was quite serious. "I couldn't help but notice Desolas is back... The ignorance and hatred burns off him like a raging fire, i could sense it from miles away. Do be careful with him Argus. He will stop at nothing to get what he wants, position, power, and he will go through anyone to get it. For the sake of your son and his future do not let him out of your sight." His tone went from serious to carefree in an instant. Tyranis snickered as he put his helmet back on "I'm sure you can take care of yourself Mr. "Iron Wall". Lets get a nice drink after this is all said and done... Like the good old days."

Argus sighed, "I feared this day would come, the Council is getting bolder than I thought, the fact that they did not inform me of his return is evidence enough, if this keeps going on, I might have to get Attakai 'expelled' from the clan in order to protect him from them. Desolas want the title of Grand Master no doubt about it." he chuckles at Tyranis, "Indeed, we will go grab a drink after all of this is done! Did you hear? Miho is pregnant with Tatsuya's child. I believe they are going to be great parents."

Argus sighed, "I feared this day would come, the Council is getting bolder than I thought, the fact that they did not inform me of his return is evidence enough, if this keeps going on, I might have to get Attakai 'expelled' from the clan in order to protect him from them. Desolas want the title of Grand Master no doubt about it." he chuckles at Tyranis, "Indeed, we will go grab a drink after all of this is done! Did you hear? Miho is pregnant with Tatsuya's child. I believe they are going to be great parents."

This news came as a shock to Tyranis "I had not, i was given permission by the divinities to over see their training. But that complicates things a bit... Not to mention the hunt for the Stalker, i'm afraid i won't be around to teach them after all. This is something we all have to do, and i won't let anything get in the way. I have no doubt they will become fine warriors as well as parents."

He paused, he reflected upon his early days as a Tenno, the former glory and his old friends. He spoke to Argus with a sort of joy in his voice. "Its a shame you won't be joining us in the coming battle, what i'd give for the might of the Black Knight and Iron Wall to be legendary again, and show the Corpus the true meaning of power." He couldn't help but laugh. "Hehehehehe... if only Zayra could see us now."

Edited by MasterDread

This news came as a shock to Tyranis "I had not, i was given permission by the divinities to over see their training. But that complicates things a bit... Not to mention the hunt for the Stalker, i'm afraid i won't be around to teach them after all. This is something we all have to do, and i won't let anything get in the way. I have no doubt they will become fine warriors as well as parents."

He paused, he reflected upon his early days as a Tenno, the former glory and his old friends. He spoke to Argus with a sort of joy in his voice. "Its a shame you won't be joining us in the coming battle, what i'd give for the might of the Black Knight and Iron Wall to be legendary again, and show the Corpus the true meaning of power." He couldn't help but laugh. "Hehehehehe... if only Zayra could see us now."

Argus smiles, "Indeed, Attakai is in a relationship now with that Red Veil girl, Samantha Church I believe was her name, If Zayra were still here, she would chew on that woman alive, she would say that 'I don't want some hussy preying on my baby boy!' HAHAHA! If she could see us now."

Cardina nodded to each Tenno as they volunteered, smiling under her helmet with satisfaction at Jinx and Arthur's request. "Very well then. To recap, one distraction team will be Temperance, Cyrios, Tyranis, and myself. The other will be Taranis, the Nova twins, and Ansilm. The assassination team is Damin, Mortos, Arthur and Jinx." As planned. "Alright! Everyone get with your cells and move to your ships, we don't have time to kill!"

Cardina stepped to Temperance, Cyrios and Tyranis. "Temperance, lead to your ship. While we're headed there, I need to make a call."

Cyrios, Cardina's truly terrifying voice broke through to his mind; the mildly unsettling discordance of her physical utterances was nothing compared to the awful nature of her telepathy. I trust your... condition is stable for the time being? Sorry for the voice, it's why I don't do this often.

Edited by SnaleKing

Cardina nodded to each Tenno as they volunteered, smiling under her helmet with satisfaction at Jinx and Arthur's request. "Very well then. To recap, one distraction team will be Temperance, Cyrios, Tyranis, and myself. The other will be Taranis, the Nova twins, and Ansilm. The assassination team is Damin, Mortos, Arthur and Jinx." As planned. "Alright! Everyone get with your cells and move to your ships, we don't have time to kill!"

Cardina stepped to Temperance, Cyrios and Tyranis. "Temperance, lead to your ship. While we're headed there, I need to make a call."

Cyrios, Cardina's truly terrifying voice broke through to his mind; the mildly unsettling discordance of her physical utterances was nothing compared to the awful nature of her telepathy. I trust your... condition is stable for the time being? Sorry for the voice, it's why I don't do this often.

Tyranis heard  Cardina loud and clear, he faced Argus one last time. "Well old friend it seems its time to fight. Please be careful with Desolas about, if he wants your title so badly i have no doubt he'd kill you for it." Tyranis balls up his fist and extends it out to Argus. "For old times sake."

Edited by MasterDread

The twins looked at each other.

Do it.

Really on Card? Are you mad she put me on the distraction cell with you, not that you wouldn't mind.

Yea might as well get it over with and get in the assassination cell-

The twins are cut off by Cardina's orders to get to their ship and gear up.

Seems your party trick will have to wait.

Lets roll

The two worm-hole their way to hangar 4 and start up the Hunter IV. The ship's engines roared to life hovered out of the dock and made its way to the hangar doors ((energy shield if I'm wrong)). The twins set up a comm line with Taranis' ship, Anslim's ship, and the control center.

"This is Hunter IV reporting in and ready for action."She turns to Gandraya. Pilot seat, now.

"I hope you guys are ready for some fun!" Gandraya giggles.

Aran takes the controls of the ship's weapon systems while Gandraya takes the pilot controls. As Aran sits in the gunner seat she taps an icon on the control panel and the lights in the room turn read and the wings of the ship fold back to reveal sets of plasma canons.

"We'll be waiting by the hangar entrance for you, Taranis and Anslim."

"Lets Rock."

Edited by Issun135

Tyranis heard  Cardina loud and clear, he faced Argus one last time. "Well old friend it seems its time to fight. Please be careful with Desolas about, if he wants your title so badly i have no doubt he'd kill you for it." Tyranis balls up his fist and extends it out to Argus. "For old times sake."

Argus laughs and extends his fist to Tyranis', "I will be careful old friend, you be careful out there." he then walks back to the Garden, hoping to discuss the oncoming battle with the divinities, and maybe tease Jinx a bit more.

Temperance winced a bit.  I can hear you too you know.

"As you wish Cardina," he said.  "Cyrios, Tyranis, if you would follow us.  Everyone else, stay safe out there.  With any luck, we'll see each other on the far side."

He turned and left the Garden; Cardina and the team following.  As he walked, he opened a channel to the Lotus ships prowling outside under cloak.

"Temperance to strike force: prepare boarding teams for action against the Corpus fleet.  Direct engagement is not an option; the full plan is being transmitted to you now.  Godspeed Tenno.  Stay safe."

"Find seats," Temperance told the team as they exited the lift.  "Apologies for the lack of space; I don't usually have guests."  He took his place in the pilot's seat, keying all systems live.

"All set back there?  Temperance to dock control, we are prepped and standing by.  Ready to launch on the Herald's orders."

He looked back to his passengers, his face already settling into battle-calm beneath his helmet.

"Cardina?"

Edited by Temperance000

-snippity snip-

Taranis watched as his squad-mates, the twin Novae, wormhole'd their way to the hangers. He didn't waste another second before using one of the wormholes to arrive at Hanger 4. As he listens to the twins speak over the comms, he sneakily jumps in with them on their ship.

"I'll be riding with you, if you don't mind. My cruiser's a bit too large and it'll take me a while to catch up." He sits down in a gunner seat and a wide grin spreads through his face, "Time to f*ck their sh*t up."

Taranis watched as his squad-mates, the twin Novae, wormhole'd their way to the hangers. He didn't waste another second before using one of the wormholes to arrive at Hanger 4. As he listens to the twins speak over the comms, he sneakily jumps in with them on their ship.

"I'll be riding with you, if you don't mind. My cruiser's a bit too large and it'll take me a while to catch up." He sits down in a gunner seat and a wide grin spreads through his face, "Time to f*ck their sh*t up."

Aran sees Taranis jump in.

"Ah Taranis, good to see you, sit in that seat there you should be put in a turret above or below the ship. I can't remember which way now its been a while before we used it. Your job is to destroy anything that comes behind this ship that isn't friendly."

"You're going to like this ship alot, she's fast and has alot of fire power, all-round ship for any BA."

"Lets go make some noise! but first a little surprise."

Gandraya pushes a button on the control panel and The Hunter IV begins to slightly cloak and the trio make their way in to the middle of the sh*t-storm that they will create.

Despite being heavily outnumbered and also out-gunned, the Tenno and their allies managed to strike a blow against the Corpus fleet before inevitably making a hasty retreating to the safest place they could access. That place was the void and while its safety was relative, it was a gamble worth taking when the options were weighed.

Three cells had been launched, two for distraction purposes and another to assassinate Silac and ensure that his ship went down as well, seemingly ensuring the destruction of the technology the corrupt Corpus used to reanimate the dead of the Tenno. The success of the cells resulted in the Corpus losing three of their cruisers in the process, reducing the overall firepower of their fleet but not by enough to turn the tables completely in favour of the Tenno.

Mortos, who had been in the assassination cell, had taken the liberty of tearing Silac's accursed soul from his body. His sentence was an eternity of pain and suffering while his soul was held inside one of Mortos' specially crafted soul lanterns. There would be no profit to numb the feeling for Silac. His suffering would be eternal.

While the teams were working, however, a battle had been waged aboard the derelict and the Acolytes along with any who had remained behind fought fervently to defend their home, their allies and themselves. The Corpus had boarded once more but the forces of the Tenno and their allies drove the Corpus back, leaving little to no Corpus survivors but leaving a wealth of salvageable Corpus technology.

Once the cells had returned, the derelict had made its retreat to the void as the Acolytes set the vessel's navigational systems to bring them to its last set of void coordinates. The result was a short but perilous trip into the void and to an Orokin tower which the derelict had originally been headed for before the collapse. There were doubts that the ancient vessel would hold together during transit but the repairs made to it by the Shark's engineers had made it void-worthy once more. Damage was sustained to the hull but nothing too serious.

Temperance sat in an abandoned observation lounge near the derelict's bow, leaning his back against an infested root and watching the Void drift by as they made their final approach to the Orokin tower.  Everything ached.  His head ached, his body ached, his warframe ached and it only technically qualified as alive.  His weapons probably needed cleaning too, but Temperance was just too tired to care.

The Corpus invasion had been...ugly, to put it mildly.  Somehow, they had made it out with minimal to nonexistent casualties, which was a miracle if ever there was one considering the army of proxies and indoctrinated crewmen that Silac had thrown at them.  Arriving back to the disembodied screams of the Corpus fanatic's lantern-bound soul had also been rather disconcerting.

Temperance's shoulder throbbed where an Anti Moa bolt had struck him, and his discomfort thrummed across the link despite his best efforts to ignore it.

He leaned back with a heavy sigh, letting his un-helmeted head loll back against the warm infested wood as he contemplated the eternally twisting negative starscape through half-lidded eyes.

"I never thought I would say this, but...the Void is beautiful, isn't it Cardina?"

Edited by Temperance000

Temperance sat in an abandoned observation lounge near the derelict's bow, leaning his back against an infested root and watching the Void drift by as they made their final approach to the Orokin tower.  Everything ached.  His head ached, his body ached, his warframe ached and it only technically qualified as alive.  His weapons probably needed cleaning too, but Temperance was just too tired to care.

The Corpus invasion had been...ugly, to put it mildly.  Somehow, they had made it out with minimal to nonexistent casualties, which was a miracle if ever there was one considering the army of proxies and indoctrinated crewmen that Silac had thrown at them.  Arriving back to the disembodied screams of the Corpus fanatic's disembodied soul had also been rather disconcerting.

Temperance's shoulder throbbed where an Anti Moa bolt had struck him, and his discomfort thrummed across the link despite his best efforts to ignore it.

He leaned back with a heavy sigh, letting his un-helmeted head loll back against the warm infested wood as he contemplated the eternally twisting negative starscape through half-lidded eyes.

"I never thought I would say this, but...the Void is beautiful, isn't it Cardina?"

"Hmmm," Cardina slid closer to Temperance, humming contently in reply. The attack had been successful, Temperance, and more importantly, her Church, escaping with only minor damage. The escape to the Void had been far more stressful, as everything was in the hands of her more technologically inclined Acolytes; the actual danger wasn't nearly as distressing as the fact that the situation was completely out of her hands.

Now, however, her Church was safe, with no threat to that safety in sight. Even the omnipresent sensation of the Void's closeness wasn't half as alarming as she thought it would have been. In fact... "It's wonderful, Temperance. It feels... I don't know, like home. Like I'm supposed to be here." She smiled softly up at him with half-lidded, pearl-white eyes. "And it doesn't hurt that you're here, too."

Miho and Tatsuya were exhausted, the battle for the derelict was brutal. Yuzuki fought well, to say the Corpus were surprised they were fighting one of their own creations was an understatement, many of the Crewmen were not prepared to fight a hostile Zanuka Prime armed with laser claws, twin railguns, plasma rifles and missiles.

Miho was at first shaken that she had to take another life, but had to strengthen her resolve knowing that she was going to be a mother, even though her child hadn't been born, her motherly instincts kicked in, dead set on protecting her unborn child. Tatsuya fought valiantly alongside his former clanmates Argus and Attakai. The battle was long and hard, but miraculously, there were no casualties among the Rising Sun, the only one who was really injured was Desolas, courtesy of a Harvester claw shoved into his buttox.

We now find the couple lying on their bed in their new home inside the derelict, they were lucky to have found this spacious living quarters unoccupied. The living room was spacious with a large window overlooking Void space, which is also Yuzuki's favorite place to stay, the Zanuka Prime just lay down in his favorite corner, but this time with a large pillow to lay on.

Miho and Tatsuya were lying on their bed, out of their warframes and in sleep wear. They were contemplating the battle that took place a few hours ago, and thinking about their future together. "Tatsuya, what is the Void like?" Tatsuya looks at her, "I don't know, this is my first time in the Void as well, but whatever is waiting for us there, we'll be ready. Oh I have something for you." he reaches into his pocket and takes out an elegantly crafted comb, Miho widens her eyes, tears starting to well up.

"T-T-Tatsu, this is a..."

"A betrothal comb."

Miho sits up with tears in her eyes and mouth covered by her hands. Tatsuya sits up as well and smiles, taking her hands and placing the comb on her palm. "Miho, would you do the honor of becoming my wife?" Miho eyes were almost as large as dinner plates, her breathing becoming a bit irrational, Tatsuya began to worry as he thought he might have scared in a way, but then he heard her mutter that magical three letter word."Yes..." Tatsuya widens his eyes and hears her once more, "Yes, yes, yes, YES! YES! YES I WILL MARRY YOU!" she throws her arms around him and immediately presses her lips against his.

Tatsuya just smiles as they lay on the bed once more, "I love you Miho, and always will." Miho gives him another kiss, "And I love you, Tatsuya." they kiss once more as their passion for each other took over.

Edited by Unendingblade

Tyranis was exhausted, The last couple hours were nothing but constant battle, bloodshed, and battering. He'd taken a couple hits from on board proxies and plasma bolts, nothing he couldn't shake off with some rest.  But sleep was not something that came easily to him, he was a man constantly troubled, it didn't show when he spoke or when he acted, but buried under that calm gentlemen like composure lied decades of grief and guilt. The Stalker hunt he would be leading was a way to lay some of those demons to rest, but he could not find solace until he could see the Stalker dead with his own eye, the scar over his other a mark of shame he could not have someone like Gaia heal until he redeemed himself.

Sleep would not come to him, he would do anything to have just a little peace, he decided to leave the solace of his ship and wander the derelict. He forced his troubles back into the darkest corners of his mind and prepared to leave his ship. He removed his Warframe and changed into his "Normal" clothes. A black jacket that he wore like a cape rather then put his arms through the sleeves with a regular black shirt underneath, sleek black dress pants and some fancy black shoes.

He never quite knew why the color black was so appealing to him. Maybe his title as "Black Knight" or just the look itself, he did not know. He left his ship and began to wander, no aim, no destination, he would do anything to avoid solitude.

Edited by MasterDread

Cyrios staggered through the Derelict, one golden, skeletal hand clutching his head, the other reaching out in front of him, slowly waving about in an effort to stop him from running into any obstacles as he painfully meandered the hallways. The pain of 100 Corpus ships ramming into him throbbed throughout his body, originating from his Infested mass, which the jump to Void and the the energy that washed over him that followed charged it, fully awakening the beast in his mind. One that had been asleep for quite some time. A discordant cacophony of Voices rumbled through his mind, drowning out almost any thought he might have whilst he stumbled ever forward, unable to comprehend the meaningless details present upon his HUD.

Eventually finding his way to a door at the end of the seemingly infinitely-expanding hallway, Cyrios stumbled through on golden, skeletal legs and weary, cybernetic feet. Before him lay a view that he was physically incapable of appreciating, and two Tenno that he was currently incapable of recognizing. Before he could actively make an attempt to catch their attention, his foot caught on a root, sending him face-first to the floor, and indirectly, to the black abyss of unconsciousness.

Cyrios staggered through the Derelict, one golden, skeletal hand clutching his head, the other reaching out in front of him, slowly waving about in an effort to stop him from running into any obstacles as he painfully meandered the hallways. The pain of 100 Corpus ships ramming into him throbbed throughout his body, originating from his Infested mass, which the jump to Void and the the energy that washed over him that followed charged it, fully awakening the beast in his mind. One that had been asleep for quite some time. A discordant cacophony of Voices rumbled through his mind, drowning out almost any thought he might have whilst he stumbled ever forward, unable to comprehend the meaningless details present upon his HUD.

Eventually finding his way to a door at the end of the seemingly infinitely-expanding hallway, Cyrios stumbled through on golden, skeletal legs and weary, cybernetic feet. Before him lay a view that he was physically incapable of appreciating, and two Tenno that he was currently incapable of recognizing. Before he could actively make an attempt to catch their attention, his foot caught on a root, sending him face-first to the floor, and indirectly, to the black abyss of unconsciousness.

Weariness and the warmth of Cardina's presence dulled Temperance's reaction time to a fraction of normal.  A Tenno could have had a blade at his throat before he so much as twitched, though an unaugmented human would still have been in trouble.

Fortunately, when Temperance came out of his instinctive forward dive with this Lex Prime drawn, it was only Cyrios, sprawled semi-conscious on the floor.

Temperance sighed heavily and pushed himself to his feet, holstering his Lex and stepping carefully over the infested vines to lift Cyrios into a clumsy bridal carry.  The cyborg's limbs flopped bonelessly, and Temperance laboriously folding him into a more compact bundle to keep the spindly cybernetics from catching on something.

"Best to take the poor guy to medical, Cardina," he suggested tiredly, hefting Cyrios' slight weight.  "Looks like the transition was hard on him."

Though there is a tiny part of me that wants to leave him lying here for interrupting.

Weariness and the warmth of Cardina's presence dulled Temperance's reaction time to a fraction of normal.  A Tenno could have had a blade at his throat before he so much as twitched, though an unaugmented human would still have been in trouble.

Fortunately, when Temperance came out of his instinctive forward dive with this Lex Prime drawn, it was only Cyrios, sprawled semi-conscious on the floor.

Temperance sighed heavily and pushed himself to his feet, holstering his Lex and stepping carefully over the infested vines to lift Cyrios into a clumsy bridal carry.  The cyborg's limbs flopped bonelessly, and Temperance laboriously folding him into a more compact bundle to keep the spindly cybernetics from catching on something.

"Best to take the poor guy to medical, Cardina," he suggested tiredly, hefting Cyrios' slight weight.  "Looks like the transition was hard on him."

Though there is a tiny part of me that wants to leave him lying here for interrupting.

Cardina scowls at Cyrios as he's so effortlessly lifted up, and quickly shut down the slightest pang of jealously. "I suppose so," Cardina frowns as she catches up alongside Temperance. "Though perhaps I should wake... them... up..." Cardina's eyes narrow harshly at Cyrio's unconscious features. "Gods damn it! This one has Infested in his head too! Get him to my Garden, I'll do what I can."

As she walks beside Temperance, her eyes flick down in worried thought. You don't think- I'm drawing them here, or anything? This can't be just a coincidence, he's the third one already. Maybe they learned about me from the Hive, or something? I don't know when I last communicated with it, after all.

Edited by SnaleKing

Cardina scowls at Cyrios as he's so effortlessly lifted up, and quickly shut down the slightest pang of jealously. "I suppose so," Cardina frowns as she catches up alongside Temperance. "Though perhaps I should wake... them... up..." Cardina's eyes narrow harshly at Cyrio's unconscious features. "Gods damn it! This one has Infested in his head too! Get him to my Garden, I'll do what I can."

As she walks beside Temperance, her eyes flick down in worried thought. You don't think- I'm drawing them here, or anything? This can't be just a coincidence, he's the third one already. Maybe they learned about me from the Hive, or something? I don't know when I last communicated with it, after all.

I highly doubt that, Cardina Temperance replied.  I think this derelict has just become a gathering place for those poor souls who had nowhere else to take their troubles.  Every living thing craves acceptance, whether they realize it or not.  Your Church offered, so they came, even if seeking solace was not their primary intent.  I don't think it had anything to do with you.  And even if it did, we're safe in the Void, for the moment.  The only Infested here are in no shape to do anything besides wander at the command of the Neural Sentry.

The trek to the Garden was longer than he remembered, but that was probably just a result of his extreme exhaustion.  He laid Cyrios down on the altar of vines, and stepped back to stand at Cardina's side.

"For all our sakes, I hope this is one goes quietly," Temperance said, massaging his forehead with a gauntleted hand.  "Anywhere warm, dark, and quiet sounds like heaven at the moment."

We'd best get started.  I'll help if I can.  Afterwards, I say we both get some sleep.  More than an hour this time.

I highly doubt that, Cardina Temperance replied.  I think this derelict has just become a gathering place for those poor souls who had nowhere else to take their troubles.  Every living thing craves acceptance, whether they realize it or not.  Your Church offered, so they came, even if seeking solace was not their primary intent.  I don't think it had anything to do with you.  And even if it did, we're safe in the Void, for the moment.  The only Infested here are in no shape to do anything besides wander at the command of the Neural Sentry.

The trek to the Garden was longer than he remembered, but that was probably just a result of his extreme exhaustion.  He laid Cyrios down on the altar of vines, and stepped back to stand at Cardina's side.

"For all our sakes, I hope this is one goes quietly," Temperance said, massaging his forehead with a gauntleted hand.  "Anywhere warm, dark, and quiet sounds like heaven at the moment."

We'd best get started.  I'll help if I can.  Afterwards, I say we both get some sleep.  More than an hour this time.

I doubt you'll be much use in the state you're in, Cardina sighed, shaking her head and feeling her eyelids droop against her will. She felt fine, absolutely terrific, certainly better than ever in her admittedly recent memory. Temperance's exhaustion, however, was leaching like a cold draft through the link, and she couldn't afford to lose focus for whatever nightmare waited in Cyrios' head. With a gesture, an alcove in the vines opened up, perfectly suiting Temperance; on the other side, an exact mirror of the recess was formed simultaneously. Whether this was an conscious, compulsive effort on Cardina's part to maintain the Garden's perfect symmetry, or the result of a more bizarre force was difficult to determine. "Go ahead and lie down, I should be able to handle this myself. You've done plenty during the invasion." 

With that, she removed her gauntlets, and stood at the head of the altar, placing her hands over each of Cyrios' temples. With a deep breath to ready herself for what she might find, Cardina dove in.