Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] The Call Of The Faithful [Open Rp]

Sumika1204

Taranis was leaning back in the pilot's chair of his ship in his Volt warframe, his helmet on his lap. His eyes were red, irritated as he stared blankly at the roof. He kept replaying certain moments of the mission in his head. Whether it was him getting his teeth kicked in (figuratively), or him decapitating a few dozen Corpus here and there. He sighed and got out of the chair, accidentally dropping his blood-stained helmet to the floor. He stared at it in confusion as he walked away from it before stumbling to the floor. Disturbed laughter filled the cockpit room but it soon went quiet. Taranis' tried to get up again and groaned as he did so. Every few steps, he stumbled. He was starting to regret the excess use of Speed, although he couldn't help but smile at the thought of how fast he was going. 

Once out of the ship, he stumbled onward to the cafeteria. There was something about eating food at that moment that made him eager to get there. As he was getting close to the entrance, his legs grew weak before falling to his knees. Taranis extended his hand out, reaching for something, but then fell flat on his face and was soon unconscious.

I doubt you'll be much use in the state you're in, Cardina sighed, shaking her head and feeling her eyelids droop against her will. She felt fine, absolutely terrific, certainly better than ever in her admittedly recent memory. Temperance's exhaustion, however, was leaching like a cold draft through the link, and she couldn't afford to lose focus for whatever nightmare waited in Cyrios' head. With a gesture, an alcove in the vines opened up, perfectly suiting Temperance; on the other side, an exact mirror of the recess was formed simultaneously. Whether this was an conscious, compulsive effort on Cardina's part to maintain the Garden's perfect symmetry, or the result of a more bizarre force was difficult to determine. "Go ahead and lie down, I should be able to handle this myself. You've done plenty during the invasion." 

With that, she removed her gauntlets, and stood at the head of the altar, placing her hands over each of Cyrios' temples. With a deep breath to ready herself for what she might find, Cardina dove in.

Temperance nodded gratefully.

"Thank you, Cardina," he said.  "I...really do need some rest."

He stumbled a bit on his way over to the alcove and lay down on the warm, surprisingly soft infested vines.  As he did so, he noted with a sort of detached amusement the identical alcove that had formed on the other side of the Garden.

"On the off-chance you're tired, Cardina," he called with the last of his strength, "it seems you made another one of these alcoves.  But you already know that...don't you..."

Then his helmet folded closed, and blessed sleep rose up to claim him in its warm, dark embrace.

Taranis was leaning back in the pilot's chair of his ship in his Volt warframe, his helmet on his lap. His eyes were red, irritated as he stared blankly at the roof. He kept replaying certain moments of the mission in his head. Whether it was him getting his teeth kicked in (figuratively), or him decapitating a few dozen Corpus here and there. He sighed and got out of the chair, accidentally dropping his blood-stained helmet to the floor. He stared at it in confusion as he walked away from it before stumbling to the floor. Disturbed laughter filled the cockpit room but it soon went quiet. Taranis' tried to get up again and groaned as he did so. Every few steps, he stumbled. He was starting to regret the excess use of Speed, although he couldn't help but smile at the thought of how fast he was going. 

Once out of the ship, he stumbled onward to the cafeteria. There was something about eating food at that moment that made him eager to get there. As he was getting close to the entrance, his legs grew weak before falling to his knees. Taranis extended his hand out, reaching for something, but then fell flat on his face and was soon unconscious.

Tyranis wandered to the cafeteria, hoping someone would still be awake, someone he could chat with after that grueling battle. What he found he did not expect, a Volt collapsed on the floor near the cafeteria's entrance. He approached the Volt and gave him a nudge with his foot. "You ok there? Battle wore you out too huh.. Come on get up."

He knelt down and lifted the Volt up by putting one of his arms over his shoulder. Tyranis slowly dragged him along until he could sit him down. Exhausted from lugging someone still in their frame around Tyranis had no choice but to sit down across from him and see if the Volt would awaken.

Edited by MasterDread

Cardina would find herself in a perfectly square room, six meters wide by six meters tall by six meters across. Instead of traditional walls, a floor or a ceiling, however, there were multitudes of large, advanced machines constructed of Orokin Gold and flawless white marble, the same materials that were used in many Orokin constructs. Each machine worked seemingly individually, yet contributed to a much greater, yet unseeable, immeasurable product. Or so they would, if an Infested growth had not planted itself in the very center or the ceiling, spreading tendril-like appendages throughout the upper two-thirds of the machine, clogging all of the systems and bringing it to a complete and utter halt. From the floor, strings of code burst forth, incinerating any Infestation they came in contact with on their journey to the ceiling. Their effort would prove to be futile, however, as the second the code finished passing through the Infestation would regenerate.

Standing at the very center of the room were two notable figures. The first was a man, standing at five feet, nine inches tall. A gray shirt adorned his chest, whilst featureless, smooth gray pants covered his legs and glossy gray shoes decorated his feet. A similarly gray jacket rested over the shirt, and his head, covered in caucasian skin, was topped off by a gray fedora of all things. His eyes were both gray as well. At least he matched. Towering in front of him, surrounded by a pack of infested chargers and leapers, was an Infested Ancient. The left hand of the man was lodged inside the Ancient's torso, his arm extended to accommodate for the distance that was otherwise between them. The man stared hatefully up at the creature that stood before him, easily doubling his height. They had evidently finished a heated conversation. He turned his head towards the new arrival to the room.

"Oh, hi there Cardina! Nice to see you here!"

((Yes, Cyrios' mental image of himself is 100% organic.))

Cardina would find herself in a perfectly square room, six meters wide by six meters tall by six meters across. Instead of traditional walls, a floor or a ceiling, however, there were multitudes of large, advanced machines constructed of Orokin Gold and flawless white marble, the same materials that were used in many Orokin constructs. Each machine worked seemingly individually, yet contributed to a much greater, yet unseeable, immeasurable product. Or so they would, if an Infested growth had not planted itself in the very center or the ceiling, spreading tendril-like appendages throughout the upper two-thirds of the machine, clogging all of the systems and bringing it to a complete and utter halt. From the floor, strings of code burst forth, incinerating any Infestation they came in contact with on their journey to the ceiling. Their effort would prove to be futile, however, as the second the code finished passing through the Infestation would regenerate.

Standing at the very center of the room were two notable figures. The first was a man, standing at five feet, nine inches tall. A gray shirt adorned his chest, whilst featureless, smooth gray pants covered his legs and glossy gray shoes decorated his feet. A similarly gray jacket rested over the shirt, and his head, covered in caucasian skin, was topped off by a gray fedora of all things. His eyes were both gray as well. At least he matched. Towering in front of him, surrounded by a pack of infested chargers and leapers, was an Infested Ancient. The left hand of the man was lodged inside the Ancient's torso, his arm extended to accommodate for the distance that was otherwise between them. The man stared hatefully up at the creature that stood before him, easily doubling his height. They had evidently finished a heated conversation. He turned his head towards the new arrival to the room.

"Oh, hi there Cardina! Nice to see you here!"

((Yes, Cyrios' mental image of himself is 100% organic.))

Cardina glanced about the room, noting the peculiarities of the mindscape. She decided to represent herself without a warframe or weapons, simply wearing the black and red robes she was so fond of. I'll need new ones, come to think of it. "Cyrios," she bowed. "It's good to see you too. Would your friends mind introducing themselves? Politely, please. I'll start."

Cardina coughed slightly to clear her throat, then bared her teeth a bit at the Infested, particularly the Ancient. "I am Cardin'assur'thyr'xyren, Golem of the White Eyes and Control."

Edited by SnaleKing

Sam did her best to hold the line whilst the assault was on in the Derelict, Although she ended up with some plasma burns from a Corpus Dera, despite her wounds however she didn't give up, she helped hold the line against the Corpus with the help of Attakai and the Rest of the Defending Tenno. A Tenno's powers defiantly saves on Ammunition 

Afterwards She rested in the Medical bay, tired, exhausted and in desperate need of a long nap.

Tyranis wandered to the cafeteria, hoping someone would still be awake, someone he could chat with after that grueling battle. What he found he did not expect, a Volt collapsed on the floor near the cafeteria's entrance. He approached the Volt and gave him a nudge with his foot. "You ok there? Battle wore you out too huh.. Come on get up."

He knelt down and lifted the Volt up by putting one of his arms over his shoulder. Tyranis slowly dragged him along until he could sit him down. Exhausted from lugging someone still in their frame around Tyranis had no choice but to sit down across from him and see if the Volt would awaken.

Taranis tried to speak up but only weird sounds came out. After a few moments of inaudible muttering, his eyes opened instantly and scanned the area. He noticed the young-looking Tenno sitting across from him and chuckled. But the chuckle grew to laughter with a hint of pain ringing through it. He tried to get up but his legs gave very little support, so he fell back down, sighing and placing his head on the wall afterwards.

Edited by CosmoKnight

The Ancient turned its many-tentacled head towards Cardina, bowing slightly to her. "Cardin'assur'thyr'xyren," it began, speaking in the same icy-calm, feminine tone as before. "While I appreciate you spending time to learn Our language, such a long-winded name is unnecessary for this banter. As for my own..." it paused for thought, its many facial tentacles undulating slightly. "...Call me what you wish. In this mindscape I go as Cyrios, but that could lead to some... misunderstandings."

The humanoid Cyrios simply shrugged. "Can't say it's lying."

Taranis tried to speak up but only weird sounds came out. After a few moments of inaudible muttering, his eyes opened instantly and scanned the area. He noticed the young-looking Tenno sitting across from him and chuckled. But the chuckle grew to laughter with a hint of pain ringing through it. He tried to get up but his legs gave very little support, so he fell back down, sighing and placing his head on the wall afterwards.

Tyranis put the Volt's arm back around his shoulder and supported him so he could stand. "You need some medical attention brother. Seems like everyone is so exhausted after entering the Void." He chuckled a bit "Hehehe... greenhorns the lot of you. You'll get used to it after awhile." He dragged the Volt off towards the Med-Bay, There weren't even Acolytes there, those who were in the bay for treatment were sound asleep. 

"So even the Acolytes are on down time, though i suppose they deserve it more then anyone. Hehehehe.. People are gonna think i'm some sort of ghost wandering these empty halls." The thought of being some sort of "Void Ghost" intrigued Tyranis only for a moment. He placed the Volt in one of the beds "Rest now brother, we've all done enough for one day." He left the Volt and returned to his ship, he instantly collapsed into his bed, it took some time but the sweet embrace of sleep finally wrapped around him, he faded into deep slumber at last.

Edited by MasterDread

The Ancient turned its many-tentacled head towards Cardina, bowing slightly to her. "Cardin'assur'thyr'xyren," it began, speaking in the same icy-calm, feminine tone as before. "While I appreciate you spending time to learn Our language, such a long-winded name is unnecessary for this banter. As for my own..." it paused for thought, its many facial tentacles undulating slightly. "...Call me what you wish. In this mindscape I go as Cyrios, but that could lead to some... misunderstandings."

The humanoid Cyrios simply shrugged. "Can't say it's lying."

Cardina raised an eyebrow at the Healer's tone and demeanor, as it seemed unsettlingly similar to her own. "It was no trouble, Ancient. The Flesh's tongue is as intuitive as the Tenno's to me. Now, if you wouldn't mind me inquiring," Cardina gestured to the point of contact between the human and the Ancient. "What exactly is the nature of your bond? If it's nothing harmful to any of you, I won't try to disrupt it, but I couldn't well ignore such a rare phenomenon. I have Flesh of my own to protect, you understand."

It has been quite a long day has it not? Shinkiro had his head down against a table, a shot glass in his hand. A sake bottle and an Ash helmet resting on either side of the Tenno. Exhausted and a little drunk this Ash was, though what can be expected when for the past few hours, you have been doing nothing but fighting.

The warframe showed scratches, tears, and parts broken off in some places. His helmet in particular showed a large hole on the front, as it if a beast had clawed at it. With a victory like that, why not celebrate with some sake? He managed to get himself a bottle, but 3/4 of it was already gone, so being full on drunk is out of the question. Its a wonder how he managed to retrieve every last arrow he had shot into crewman and proxies alike. Paris Prime arrows are not cheap! 

As the meeting at the derelict was over and all were dispatched to where ever they would go. Ansilm head back to the place where he find himself with the power armor on. He jumped on the Shogun's Scout. What actually belongs to him. Ship AI turned on suddenly "Hello Ansilm" an echo was heard on ship. Ansilm pulled out his dual handguns and pointed time to time everywhere. His eyes wondered all around the ship interior. "You don't remember me?" a voice echoed at the ship.

"Give me a moment then" Ansilm said as tried to remember... He remembered how he first time dust off with the Shogun's Scout from somewhere. "Greetings Marendalyn. Ready to dust off?" Ansilm said as sheathed the handguns and sat down on the pilot seat. "When I wouldn't be?" Marendalyn replied. "Good you will need to teach me to fly... Again" Ansilm said as putted on the seat belts he sent message to Twins that he dusts off with his own ship. He doesn't know did they got it but he didn't have time to care.

Marendalyn had to teach Ansilm to fly the Shogun's scout ship again but it didn't take long that he had to start dodging incoming cannon fire and time to time run away from homed projectiles. He did managed to take them down but saw that Derelict opened up a portal to void and prepared for a jump. Ansilm turned around the ship and accelerated to top speed of the ship in seconds. "We are going to too fast" Marendalyn warned.

Ansilm just in time reached the portal it closed behind the Shogun's Scout about 5 seconds but this meant that some of the engine broke down and he lost speed soon there was no need to speed on last blink of his eye Ansilm saw that ship was going to hit a wall of Void tower... As it hit ship went through the tower wall launching Ansilm off the pilot seat Ansilm opened up his eyes as he knew that quarter of his shields were remaining he was bouncing up and down on the floor of tower then finally hit the wall destroying the remaining of his shields.

When he finally woke up shields had regenerated "Ansilm please respond" Marendalyn said Ansilm gasped "I am awake. Where are we?" Ansilm asked "Void Tower... Floor 25. I need repairs... Generators are barely making enough energy to have the radars online" Marendalyn said "Any traces of other Tenno?" Ansilm asked as his vision started to become normal and stand up slowly same time watching the room where he is with Shogun's scout ship stuck on a wall.

"Picked up about... 92 or less. 10 of them at same tower with you" Marendalyn said "What about enemies?" He asked as watched at the door north of him. "None yet detected... Shutting down" Marendalyn said and ship turned off "Well... *gasp* Looks like I am alone now" Ansilm said. "This is Ansilm does anybody hear me" he said to radio, radio answered "no signals in the range" Ansilm released growl and rushed towards the door to level down of the tower.

Edited by Revel72

Sam did her best to hold the line whilst the assault was on in the Derelict, Although she ended up with some plasma burns from a Corpus Dera, despite her wounds however she didn't give up, she helped hold the line against the Corpus with the help of Attakai and the Rest of the Defending Tenno. A Tenno's powers defiantly saves on Ammunition 

Afterwards She rested in the Medical bay, tired, exhausted and in desperate need of a long nap.

Attakai so to say was exhausted, it was the most fighting he had ever done, larger than any defense mission he had to do. He walked into the Medical bay spotting Sam asleep on one of the beds. He smiled as he pulled up a chair and just sat beside her, watching her sleep. He caresses he cheek as he looks at her beautiful face, 'Sleep well love, you earned it.' he then realized something, 'Wait, where the hell is Desolas?'

-Desolas-

A Frost was walking frantically through the hallways, 'Where are you Tatsuya!? First humiliate me for completing the Gold Trials, and now taking all the glory while I got injured! This is all your fault! Once I find you I will kill you!'

Attakai so to say was exhausted, it was the most fighting he had ever done, larger than any defense mission he had to do. He walked into the Medical bay spotting Sam asleep on one of the beds. He smiled as he pulled up a chair and just sat beside her, watching her sleep. He caresses he cheek as he looks at her beautiful face, 'Sleep well love, you earned it.' he then realized something, 'Wait, where the hell is Desolas?'

-Desolas-

A Frost was walking frantically through the hallways, 'Where are you Tatsuya!? First humiliate me for completing the Gold Trials, and now taking all the glory while I got injured! This is all your fault! Once I find you I will kill you!'

Sam groaned a bit and woke up, the medics patched up her injuries, she looked to Attakai with a worried look as she slowly sat up-right "What's wrong?" She asked 

Sam groaned a bit and woke up, the medics patched up her injuries, she looked to Attakai with a worried look as she slowly sat up-right "What's wrong?" She asked 

"Oh hey, did I wake you? Sorry just got something in my mind right now, I noticed that Desolas is nowhere to be found." Attakai says with a concerned voice. "He was really furious that he got a Harvester claw up his &#!."

Edited by Unendingblade

"Oh hey, did I wake you? Sorry just got something in my mind right now, I noticed that Desolas is nowhere to be found." Attakai says with a concerned voice. "He was really furious that he got a Jackal claw up his &#!."

"Think he'll want to kill someone?" Sam replied as she got off from the bed, remarkably despite her size and athletic complexion and taking a shot in the shoulder and thigh, she heals up quite quickly, putting on her boots, jacket and gauntlet/gloves "Or hurt someone badly?"

"Think he'll want to kill someone?" Sam replied as she got off from the bed, remarkably despite her size and athletic complexion and taking a shot in the shoulder and thigh, she heals up quite quickly, putting on her boots, jacket and gauntlet/gloves "Or hurt someone badly?"

"That's what got me worried. He'll easily bale someone else for his blunders." he watches Sam get up, "Are you sure you're okay? I can go look for him myself, you can just stay here and rest."

"That's what got me worried. He'll easily bale someone else for his blunders." he watches Sam get up, "Are you sure you're okay? I can go look for him myself, you can just stay here and rest."

"I'll be fine, besides I want to give him a kick in the Gondolier's myself" Replied Sam as she picked up her Tekna 12mm and her knife, putting them both into their respected holsters. She smiled to Attakai and checked her gauntlet over "Shall we?" 

Edited by Drakeardian

"I'll be fine, besides I want to give him a kick in the Gondolier's myself" Replied Sam as she picked up her Tekna 12mm and her knife, putting them both into their respected holsters. She smiled to Attakai and checked her gauntlet over "Shall we?" 

Attakai sighed and chuckled, sometimes she reminded him of his mother, he takes her hand, "Shall we then Milady?" leading her out of the Medical Bay and into the hallway.

Attakai sighed and chuckled, sometimes she reminded him of his mother, he takes her hand, "Shall we then Milady?" leading her out of the Medical Bay and into the hallway.

Sam chuckled "Let's go!" and headed out on the Hunt for Desolas! 

Edited by Drakeardian

Gaia was the only one who seemed not to be exhausted and thus, she was roaming the halls and checking on everyone in a rather methodical manner. The docking ports and hangars were on lockdown to prevent any Corrupted from getting in. It just would not do to have everyone fighting again so soon after a mission when they were exhausted. Even the Acolytes who normally oversaw communications as opposed to actual fighting and such were exhausted due to having skipped sleep for a day and a half due to the recent chaos.

Aran and Gandraya have awoken from their sleep after they made the jump to the Void Tower, after changing in to a set of more comfortable attire The twins make their way to the cafe, to relax and indulge a little.

"Well that was fun, shame the ship took a lot of hits though, its going to take a while to get her back in to tip-top shape."

"Yea, its going to be a while, I'm just glad its over, I hate having to wear my frame all the time, doesn't seem right."

"I agree, but its easier for you to change, its almost instantaneous for you to get in to your frame, as its kinda integrated in to your normal form."

"True" Gandraya motions to Chef Volt to get them 2 bottles of Lotus Lager.

"cheers, to a new beginning." they drink.

Aran and Gandraya have awoken from their sleep after they made the jump to the Void Tower, after changing in to a set of more comfortable attire The twins make their way to the cafe, to relax and indulge a little.

"Well that was fun, shame the ship took a lot of hits though, its going to take a while to get her back in to tip-top shape."

"Yea, its going to be a while, I'm just glad its over, I hate having to wear my frame all the time, doesn't seem right."

"I agree, but its easier for you to change, its almost instantaneous for you to get in to your frame, as its kinda integrated in to your normal form."

"True" Gandraya motions to Chef Volt to get them 2 bottles of Lotus Lager.

"cheers, to a new beginning." they drink.

Chef Volt handed the two the bottles before returning to what he was doing before. That is to say, standing there like a statue and not saying a word while everyone ate, drank, talked and otherwise enjoyed themselves.

Meanwhile, Pyre had woken up from her beauty sleep and was walking around, stretching a little along the way when nobody was looking. She went right to Gaia to find out just what had happened but she found out more than just that during their encounter. In addition to an update on current events, Pyre found out that she was also pregnant and the father was no doubt, Shinkiro. Largely because he was the only one she had done those things with.

Pyre headed immediately for the cafeteria, imagining that Shinkiro would likely be there as he did enjoy good food, especially ramen, if what she saw during their interactions was any indication.

Chef Volt handed the two the bottles before returning to what he was doing before. That is to say, standing there like a statue and not saying a word while everyone ate, drank, talked and otherwise enjoyed themselves.

Meanwhile, Pyre had woken up from her beauty sleep and was walking around, stretching a little along the way when nobody was looking. She went right to Gaia to find out just what had happened but she found out more than just that during their encounter. In addition to an update on current events, Pyre found out that she was also pregnant and the father was no doubt, Shinkiro. Largely because he was the only one she had done those things with.

Pyre headed immediately for the cafeteria, imagining that Shinkiro would likely be there as he did enjoy good food, especially ramen, if what she saw during their interactions was any indication.

The Twins see a familiar looking Ember Prime walk in to the cafe. Gandraya waved her down.

"Hey, aren't you the same Ember prime that dragged Shinkiro away before the the whole sh*t storm that hit earlier?"

"Excuse her, she can be a bit...eh sometimes any way that's Gandraya and I'm Aran. even though we aren't in our frames at the moment we are more commonly known as 'The Nova Twins'. Want a drink?"