The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity Link Needs To Ignore "self Harm"

Tatersail

trinity link takes 100% of any incoming damage and makes it hit 3 targets at 20m range(around 40m with mods). this also includes status effects, making trinity immune to knockdown and energy drain. 

With.. "self harm" this turns into a really strong damage ability that triples weapon dps, and auto targets at long range, ignoring walls and anything in the way.

With Link running you can shoot yourself with Stugg, which does a massive 40k damage per second and have it hit 3 targets, then instantly re-target, letting you profit from the full 120k dps..

you can quite literally clear Dark sector infested wave in Stugg 1 clip as this bypasses stuggs main drawback, Overkill, and Aiming.

This also works with Penta, Ogris and Castana's but none of the have the Raw DPS that Stugg has, combined with the rapid rate of fire to spread damage across 20-30 targets.

I was "exploiting" this poor game mechanic in T3S with well geared Nova/soma, Rhino/Boltor prime, Nekro/Ogris and did around 82% of the damage on trinity/stugg after 55 mins

I didn't take any screenshots of exploding rooms...  but tried to get some in a defense map... really need fraps.

hard to time the moment Stugg starts to go off.

xk9gf4w.jpg

cG9KQnu.jpg

z4HQClb.jpg

seems a touch silly that a "Healer" "Support" frame has the ability to make weapons, 40m, auto aim ignores walls, 3xAOE. 

and in "most cases" (eg high level) do more damage than any other frame, while keeping the party immune.

Edited by Tatersail

seems a touch silly that a "Healer" "Support" frame has the ability to make weapons, 40m, auto aim ignores walls, 3xAOE. 

and in "most cases" (eg high level) do more damage than any other frame, while keeping the party immune.

Trinity is named after the RPG Holy Trinity: Healer, Tank, Damage.

Working as intended.

Personally I find link to be bugged. I can still kill myself with self damage, especially if its magnetic damage and takes out that last bit of shield and energy, then you stop reflecting damage.  Since Trin has no other direct damage skills or 'oh Sh!t skills'.  By the way if your upset about link killing through walls you must rage quit when a rhino stomps through walls & floors, or nova primes through walls and floors, as those affect far more targets then link does and has a longer range.  Playing a Trinity is 75% about gun play and 25% about being a shield/hp battery for your teammates.

why peoples always asking 4 a nerf they are jealous or just stupid??

Why would I be Jealous of my own frame? that sounds...   "stupid"   :)

Its not a nerf.. its a tweak to remove a weakness in the game mechanic that lets you clear high level rooms faster than any other frame, including any of the big Nukers.. like Nova.

Like I mentioned in my original post I was with a well geared rhino and nova using Roar and mol prime, and still carried over 80% of the damage in a 55m t3 void survival.

Rhino does 800 blast damage in a single aoe with a 9 second cooldown, nova does around 1000 per target and requires a kill, I am doing best part of 20,000 a second to 3 targets, with it jumping after a kill to the next.

I have to agree with Leuca this is tied in with Blessing, as you can only drill your own foot, if your first immune to damage due to blessing.

Edited by Tatersail

I have to agree with Leuca this is tied in with Blessing, as you can only drill your own foot, if your first immune to damage due to blessing.

I dislike this notion of implying that the frame is the problem when she's actually a symptom. The game scales infinitely; she's one of the only frames that can follow suit.

I would like to sum the op up:

So guys, I have just discovered this gimmick I can pull off with my warframe against low level mobs, and it feels so op. Please nerf! Yes, I know it is so 2013, but I have just discovered it myself, and my opinion is very important, and you should nerf because I like things tough and unfun.

No, I did not test the limits of this gimmick, no I am not aware it does not work anymore with high level content, but I am totally entitled to ask for a nerf for something that has been around for a year.

If that was the case, then Mag, Nova, Rhino and Loki should also be nerfed because they can also clear rooms full of enemies. Let's make the game unfun and make everything weak and ineffective because personal reasons. No, suggestions on how to change things and why they should be changed are not important. Stuff needs to be nerfed or removed in very arbitrary ways. That is the only way to go about it.

Also, we should treat this coop game as a pvp game and rebalance everything as if players were competing against other players. Mobolity, utility should be removed, and replaced with damage dealing abilities. Damage dealing abilities should be nerfed to be on par with utility and mobility based abilities.

Let's also slap tags on warframes like support, sniper, tank or whatever and make everything one dimensional and inflexible to satisfy these arbitrary tags, so we can all uninstall and find something better to play.

Or, we can try to be constructive and creative and propose changes that are interesting and allow for much tougher mobs with much more advanced abilities, better mobility, any sort of stealth, advanced behaviours to include dodging, blocking, wallruning, and more advanced AI that can flank, retreat, and complement each other, and surprise the player, all of which the game sorely lacks.

But do not listen to me.

Or, how about no?

no I am not aware it does not work anymore with high level content,

seems to work best against high level content..

1hour 30 min corpus was an easy 2 man, and still cleared rooms when mobs where around level 135

I got bored at wave 70 solo on ODD.. and it was still killing things at max range, with 19 second waves, I am pretty sure I could have gone alot longer.

people left a 55m Survival on earth because they couldn't shoot anything before it simply melted.

I did another 45m surv on earth, where half a clip was clearing the map still.

a 20 clip still Clears rooms of mobs at around 50m in t3 Void survival..

"my warframe against low level mobs"

Actually read the post...

its one of the best "endgame" builds because you do an almost constant 120k damage to everything around you.

Mag, Nova, Rhino and Loki  clear rooms?

I was with a Nova... who had a 5x formaed Boltor prime

I was with people using 4x formaed Ogris..

I had a unformaed Stugg... and a 1 forma trinity..... 

Rhino does 800 damage with his aoe.. is a joke compared to the constant 5000+ damage going off multiple times a second

its like 3 players holding there guns on a targets with perfect accuracy and doing constant damage, with instant target switches.

1 person.. does more damage than 3, something is off.

I don't want a link NERF, there will be no changes to the way the power works, simply stop self harm.

and before you post a silly reply... perhaps try this out? Don't just theory craft 

I see you only have 82 kills on your stugg, and 512 kills on your trinity so you have clearly never tried this.

Edited by Tatersail

Or, we can try to be constructive and creative and propose changes that are interesting and allow for much tougher mobs with much more advanced abilities, better mobility, any sort of stealth, advanced behaviours to include dodging, blocking, wallruning, and more advanced AI that can flank, retreat, and complement each other, and surprise the player, all of which the game sorely lacks.

actually if they removed self damage reflect you could still: get immunity, run to the enemies and have them reflect their own damage which will always be in line with their level, you just wouldn't be able to shot yourself with a penta.

better yet they should make self damage unaffected with blessing. so you can kill yourself with said penta like you should.

Just change Blessing from "you take no damage" to "you don't die".

Blowing yourself up is still a perfectly viable tactic, but if you do it, then there's a brief window after it ends where you're left with 1 HP. High reward should come with high risk, no?

seems to work best against high level content..

1hour 30 min corpus was an easy 2 man, and still cleared rooms when mobs where around level 135

I got bored at wave 70 solo on ODD.. and it was still killing things at max range, with 19 second waves, I am pretty sure I could have gone alot longer.

people left a 55m Survival on earth because they couldn't shoot anything before it simply melted.

I did another 45m surv on earth, where half a clip was clearing the map still.

a 20 clip still Clears rooms of mobs at around 50m in t3 Void survival..

"my warframe against low level mobs"

Actually read the post...

its one of the best "endgame" builds because you do an almost constant 120k damage to everything around you.

Mag, Nova, Rhino and Loki  clear rooms?

I was with a Nova... who had a 5x formaed Boltor prime

I was with people using 4x formaed Ogris..

I had a unformaed Stugg... and a 1 forma trinity..... 

Rhino does 800 damage with his aoe.. is a joke compared to the constant 5000+ damage going off multiple times a second

its like 3 players holding there guns on a targets with perfect accuracy and doing constant damage, with instant target switches.

1 person.. does more damage than 3, something is off.

I don't want a link NERF, there will be no changes to the way the power works, simply stop self harm.

and before you post a silly reply... perhaps try this out? Don't just theory craft 

I see you only have 82 kills on your stugg, and 512 kills on your trinity so you have clearly never tried this.

I was being sarcastic because the thread is basically a "look guys, I just found out boiled water, and i do not care it was invented 1000 years ago".

DE stated multiple times they do not balance with crazy defense waves or hours of survival in mind. They also do not consider hardcore setups such as corrupted or nightmare mods.

Without any of those corrupted and nightmare mods, Trinity can barely pull off link + blessing gimmick past a 10 second duration. If anything, some of the corrupted mods should be looked at. Then again, 99% of the players, do not care about how much they last in defense or survival past the 4th stage (20-25 waves, 20-25 minutes survival), and in that sense trin is balanced. All reward types are set at these marks anyway.

Another solution is to simply cap survival and defense runs to 20 waves and twenty minutes respectively. And add, separate high level content, mazy level design, advanced AI (never going to happen in a f2p), and tough "raids" with a plethora of elemental damage types, buffs and debuffs (only subscription and single player games offer).

Either way, link could be "nerfed" merely by limiting its line of sight.

if you look at the bigger picture, the issue is not the warframe but the wanting game design of Warframe. It is the grind-luck-repeat approachm hallway level design (getting from A to B has only lane C available, everything else is locked).

Ranged AI camps behind cover without ever attempting to maneuver in any sensible way.

Melee AI aggroes the player.

Having said that, the only legitimate character build is damage consolidation and tanking. That essentially requires key mashing, and not much else. There is no skill involved, not thrill, no excitement, no challenge. Max out HP, max out dps, and you are good to go. Anything else is a waste of time/pales to tanking and maxing dps.

Three words. Poor design choices. This so called game balance of some ability in a sea of uninteresting, repetitive stuff, is just a symptom of unpolished, uninspired game mechanics. You do not cure an illness (repetitive, one dimensional, dull gameplay) by attending the symptoms, an overpowered ability. You only hide it, and ultimately make it worse.

Look at the bigger picture, and identify the real issues. Well, unless, fun and excitement in video games is watching mobs dying and big XP numbers popping, while you bash the keyboard into the ground.  And not much else.

:/