Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Gun...

BloodArmoredApostle

Torid probably needs to be fixed before we get a Fire-Torid.

I agree torid needs a fix instead of lobbing toxic thingies...it should be projectile based as far as the torrid goes either bullet, missle, or increased velocity. The sound needs to be changed to its kinda like meh. It looks awesome now, it needs a tweak like really bad tho.

On the subject still all grineer weapons have been available in the Grineer lab except the Pyrotechnic Ogris. It should be it's grineer tech, it should be there, but adjusted to Tenno usage/balanced to fit gameplay.

Clans didn't exist a year ago, much less the Chem lab.

in any case, I posted an Idea when the chem lab was first released about a weapon similar to the stug for the chem lab. several months later we get a stug, and its not in the lab. DE fails once again, the chem lab is lacking.

Also, the Tysis is like, Acrid mk2.

Clans didn't exist a year ago, much less the Chem lab.

in any case, I posted an Idea when the chem lab was first released about a weapon similar to the stug for the chem lab. several months later we get a stug, and its not in the lab. DE fails once again, the chem lab is lacking.

Also, the Tysis is like, Acrid mk2.

Im speaking figuratively as far as a year ago is concerned. I mean that all Grineer tech so far has been available through the Chem lab or being added, but they have yet to add the Pyro-Technic Ogris the Napalm use.

I do agree there is a lack in the Chem lab. The Tysis is Acrid part 2. I would like to see them put the Pyro-Technic Ogris in the Grineer/Chem Lab.

Good points.

I quite agree that it IS kind of a bummer that all the weapons ever wielded by a grineer have been made available to us one way or another, yet this is the one weapon we don't have and yet we have the perfect conditions to get it (aka Chem Lab, I mean come on we already have a flamethrower!).

Edited by RahuStalker

Fire Torid.  I'd say no, simply because of the weapon dilution that has been happening since closed beta.  Where weapons were once symbols of playstyle, they are now simply limited-purpose tools (save the handful of jacks) with very slightly different properties.  A fire torid lacks the distinction needed to create a true niche in the face of the torid, and given the perks of elemental modding, innate fire damage is hardly a reason to get excited about.

I quite agree that it IS kind of a bummer that all the weapons ever wielded by a grineer have been made available to us one way or another, yet this is the one weapon we don't have and yet we have the perfect conditions to get it (aka Chem Lab, I mean come on we already have a flamethrower!).

Ok, it's not like there wont be more fire/electric or combined element weapons. So, tell me do you like customization? Do you like Weapon choices? Instead of being confined to one fire based weapon in the game. There can be never enough of anything that burns, and revenge is sweet to the Tenno. We take their weapons apply orokin tech to it and make them pay with the same weapon they used against us.

I still don't understand why it wouldn't be in the Chem Lab when it should clearly be there. I mean who doesn't ilke options? Plus, it follows the natural path of the game. Thus, should.

Fire Torid.  I'd say no, simply because of the weapon dilution that has been happening since closed beta.  Where weapons were once symbols of playstyle, they are now simply limited-purpose tools (save the handful of jacks) with very slightly different properties.  A fire torid lacks the distinction needed to create a true niche in the face of the torid, and given the perks of elemental modding, innate fire damage is hardly a reason to get excited about.

I understand your argument here, but that would break the natural flow of the game (What DE has done thus far) Every Weapon that is of any faction should be available if we follow the pattern and flow of the game. 

Also in the council forums Weapon Art Update is currently prevalent. So, changes to weapon designs are being looked at every step of the way. It isn't about just having another weapon. It is about what does not make sense in the natural flow thus far in the Grineer Lab. The launcher should be available unless specifically said by DE its a weapon that is nonusable (which wouldn't make much sense).

Other than that I do see your points and disagree with you on the majority, but would say that the natural flow would then be spotty like it is now. I am sure others were expecting it to show up in the lab as well to complete the Grineer Weapons Arsenal, but it hasn't. So, the lab is incomplete. As the other two labs are complete with the weapons of Infested/Corpus factions do use.

Torid is alright if you ask me, i only want a Status Chance on the Clouds that's actually pretty reasonable. since the Clouds are the big thing about the Weapon.

doni't touch my trajectory though, it's been fiddled with enough as it is, and the Weapon feels weird now. Projectile Weapons are really not that hard, we don't need to make every Weapon Hitscan(or nearly), that removes a lot of personality from the Equipment.

quite true. Weapons need to be more unique than that to be worth spending Development Time on. elsewise, Warframe will truly become it's trope of 'bland' that many people that don't like Warframe call it. and why? often because they don't like that there's like, 8 Weapons in a category that all do basically the same thing, but one does it completely better than the rest, and the others aren't worth using. lots of filler, but not so much content.

all we need is a mod for Ogris to create like, Fire Explosions on impact. like Thunderbolt, but... more useful, hopefully.

unless perhaps you have a concept that is actually unique enough to make a new Weapon for, but i'm not sure what to create with it.

(though, one potential idea does come to mind, but it may be horrible in practice - if you've played Killing Floor, i'm thinking of something similar to the Seeker Six - a Rocket Launcher which can lock on to to targets, and fire either one, or all 6 Rockets in the 'clip'. something similar in Warframe for this, a quick firing Rocket Launcher with perhaps 3 or 4 shots before a relatively quick reload, lock on to targets, creating miniature Fire Explosions on impact. would deal under average Damage, but make up for it in quick RoF and the homing / Fire Explosions).

Torid is alright if you ask me, i only want a Status Chance on the Clouds that's actually pretty reasonable. since the Clouds are the big thing about the Weapon.

doni't touch my trajectory though, it's been fiddled with enough as it is, and the Weapon feels weird now. Projectile Weapons are really not that hard, we don't need to make every Weapon Hitscan(or nearly), that removes a lot of personality from the Equipment.

quite true. Weapons need to be more unique than that to be worth spending Development Time on. elsewise, Warframe will truly become it's trope of 'bland' that many people that don't like Warframe call it. and why? often because they don't like that there's like, 8 Weapons in a category that all do basically the same thing, but one does it completely better than the rest, and the others aren't worth using. lots of filler, but not so much content.

all we need is a mod for Ogris to create like, Fire Explosions on impact. like Thunderbolt, but... more useful, hopefully.

unless perhaps you have a concept that is actually unique enough to make a new Weapon for, but i'm not sure what to create with it.

(though, one potential idea does come to mind, but it may be horrible in practice - if you've played Killing Floor, i'm thinking of something similar to the Seeker Six - a Rocket Launcher which can lock on to to targets, and fire either one, or all 6 Rockets in the 'clip'. something similar in Warframe for this, a quick firing Rocket Launcher with perhaps 3 or 4 shots before a relatively quick reload, lock on to targets, creating miniature Fire Explosions on impact. would deal under average Damage, but make up for it in quick RoF and the homing / Fire Explosions).

Here is the thing which I can agree with you on here. Weapon design taken more into consideration or blandness of the game is prevalent. Now, enemy weaponry in this game is available through the labs and thus should be. If you meaning the mechanics of the weaponry I would have to vote on the weapon being alongside the functionality of the AI operation but with tweaked capabilities also adjusted. 

No, I am sure they will turn the Pyrotechnic Launcher into a different look type weapon with the weapon art updates. I don't want to fit another mod on the Ogris due to its a missle projectile weapon. So far mods have changed behaviors of actual weapon types, but not the function per say. The weapon is usually adjusted via-attributes or elemental effects rather than kill UI's and what projectile types used in the weapon. 

Unless they add that feature to some other weapons in the game, I don't recommend that action be taken. It would mean more delusion in the mod table wherever that mod would drop. I can assure Napalms would drop that mod, and with Crimson Dervish/Rage as rare as it is. It would merely be more frustrating to players to go fish for another mod to make Ogris function in a different manner.

It is way simpler to add the PyroTechnic Laucher than to try to dilute a already mod infested drop table. Than, to create another set of function for weapons. I support the idea that this could be a probability later, but that means most weapons would need a update like Melee 2.0 size. More Delusion and frustration on players parts. Simply add this to the chem lab, and more weapons/mastery. This would complete the Grineer Arsenal, and DE has already added a few weapons in the Chem lab that are completely different concepts. Just add the fire launcher much simpler solution.

If you think there is a lack of Chemical Lab weapons, then why not ask DE to make well, I dunno, an Infested Kunai? an Infested Glaive (similar to how Dark Sector's Nemesis's weapon)?

So while there is discussion about a possible Napalm Shooter, what would you guys think would be cool names for an Infested Kunai and an Infested Glaive?

So while there is discussion about a possible Napalm Shooter, what would you guys think would be cool names for an Infested Kunai and an Infested Glaive?

I mean could come up with names, but I have none atm. While the thread is about the subject I posted. Go for it...but still need to address the current subject.

Now, enemy weaponry in this game is available through the labs and thus should be. If you meaning the mechanics of the weaponry I would have to vote on the weapon being alongside the functionality of the AI operation but with tweaked capabilities also adjusted. 

it's nice to have your Enemies' Weapons, yes.

however, Weapons such as Ogris, the Lore explanation is, that when replicating this Technology, we sacrificed the Homing system for more Explosive Filler.

Clantech can, and perhaps, should do that more. take the concept of an Enemies' Weapon, but modify it to fit the needs of the Tenno better.

it's nice to have your Enemies' Weapons, yes.

however, Weapons such as Ogris, the Lore explanation is, that when replicating this Technology, we sacrificed the Homing system for more Explosive Filler.

Clantech can, and perhaps, should do that more. take the concept of an Enemies' Weapon, but modify it to fit the needs of the Tenno better.

I understand the concept there but many weapons in the Clan Tech either do or don't follow what your saying here. I do agree that it must fit our needs per say, but in retrospect. Simply adding the weapon to the Clan Lab is still a easier solution provided the weapon is adjusted amicably.

IE. Flux Rifle, Dera (just examples)

and your example would be the Ogris and Lanka. Still can add it to Clan Tech, its more mastery. Happy Pyros Everywhere, and even Ember would be happy to have a twist in her arsenal (provided the art is changed on the weapon).

• 4 weeks later...