Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can Some One Explain Channeling To Me?

Kato-san

Hows does it work?

- The longer I hold it does it do more dmg?
- Do I only have to click it once only for it to work?
- Do i let go of left mouse button before I hit enemy or do I have to keep the left mouse button down all the time?

If any one is experienced in this I would not mind knowing how it works. thx.

- The length that you hold it for doesn't matter

- You have to hold down left-click to maintain channeling

- Keep it held down while hitting the enemy for it to work

This.

As for the damage bonus... I think DE needs to fix and add in the exact number before we throw up the equations we've tested out... Some simply don't make sense right now.

You don't have to channel the whole time and can start/stop while attacking if you don't want to spend energy and boost the damageon every hit. Like if your combo is T T T HOLDT T T T T, you can do T T T without channeling, then hit Mouse 1 to start channeling for the HOLDT special hit and subsequent combo, and let go for the last T if it's just a dash move to the next target, or a knockdown or something.

This gives you more damage overall before running out of power, by only spending power to modify the most damaging hits.

Channeling also boosts finisher damage and execute damage.

Any mods marked channeling only apply while channelling is active.

Very important.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Parry

Parry for example is a 'CHANNELING' mod. If you want to parry an enemy, you have to channel while blocking even though it doesn't explicitly say so on the mod. Regular blocking won't give you the parry effect. 

Edited by VKhaun

Combos add a lot more damage than you think, my friend.

They do, but there is one tiny problem with melee. No matter how much damage you do, you will still die at the same pace when hit by mobs.

It is fun and shiny, i will admit that. But will it change my playstlye? No. Simply because i have more survivability when i use ranged weapons.

On topic, you just press channeling button and once your weapon glows you start spamming melee attack. Chaining combos will increase your damage, and you will instakill low level mobs. Or die while trying to kill 150+ ones. Especially Toxics.

Channeling will boost any melee attack executed while it is activated and has no animation to activate, meaning that you can channel at any time, without breaking a combo.

Channeling also only drains energy upon a successful hit, meaning that Quickening should theoretically be great for coptering, since the attack counts as a miss and will not drain energy.

Mostly I'm theorycrafting here, since I haven't played around with specifics too much.

Quickening helps, but unfortunately, the bonus is barely noticeable because the raise in speed is even less than nerfed Fury.

Heh, that's what you think.

Here's what you do: take your dual zoren, put on max fury, max berserker, max quickening, (and max true steel to make it easier to get a crit) and go to an earth mission. Find some mobs and attack them until you get crit and your attack speed increases from berserker.

Now try to copter while channeling. >:3

Doesn't that combo ONLY work if you are in vicinity of melee for the enemies? Which means the second you run out of enemies at your melee range, you'll get shot down?

And then you just block, slide, and dodge your way to a new set of enemies.

Not difficult.

Channeling sucks in comparison to the old charge attacks. The whole melee 2.0 is such a bummer.

Pretty sure the vast majority of users are hitting harder with channeling than they ever did with charge.

That, and I can't seem to recall being able to heal via charge attacks.