The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Radial Blind Rarely Works Beyond The First Stun

BoomyGordo

So for a while now ive noticed that when you use excalibur's radial blind it will stun everyone in range and put smoke over thier eyes. The instant they stop flailing around and the stun is over they go right back to shooting away at me. Ive stood still and used it then while they were blind i moved a bit and just crouched. The instant the stun ended they started shooting at me and the defense objective.

I have to agree with Tatersail on this one. Radial Blind is actually a remarkable ability, but you don't want to have any penalty to Range or Duration in order to really benefit from it. Play around with your equipped mods and try your best to minimize these penalties if you really want Radial Blind to shine.

try http://goo.gl/nU1LfL

gives 17 seconds of blind with 48m range for 12 cost

or

http://goo.gl/bU0v1s

gives the full 21 seconds of blind but with only 42m range again only 12 cost

both can be maintained with 100% "up-time" using Energy siphon

0 forma build http://goo.gl/BaB5WM

only 16 seconds with 45m radius @ 12 cost, is enough to run a t3 defense

Edited by Tatersail

I remember hearing that while Radial Blind blinds enemies, it does not make enemies Deaf. If you are firing your gun when trying to attack a Radial Blinded enemy, I believe they will fire back at wherever the sound comes from.

That is one of the reason why Banshee's Silence and the Silence Mods are for.

I remember hearing that while Radial Blind blinds enemies, it does not make enemies Deaf. If you are firing your gun when trying to attack a Radial Blinded enemy, I believe they will fire back at wherever the sound comes from.

That is one of the reason why Banshee's Silence and the Silence Mods are for.

not true,...

I did make a huge post about this,  targets will still use Grenades... randomly.. somtimes.. and they don't seem to need weapons fire, Ash and Loki also get hit by these "random" grenade lobs

the only target that seem to react is corpus laser Moa, they will use short range lasers...  again sometimes, and only if your in melee shooting at something other than them..

everything else is disabled, they don't shoot, they don't melee.. commandos don't use knockdowns, etc.

I posted screenshots...  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/198822-excalibur-radial-blind-needs-a-slight-nerf/#entry2311222

H44I0uN.jpg

xrWlXXC.jpg

aIAuTfy.jpg

and if you still don't believe me your welcome to join a game with me.. and shoot your gun into the air... while things stand about doing ... nothing.

Edited by Tatersail

Or, you can melee them. Enemies under Radial Blind receive extra melee damage, so you can chop them apart easier.

True, but we have to add in the possibility that players will have Sentinels with loud gunfire. That does attract enemy attention as well.

not true,...

I did make a huge post about this,  targets will still use Grenades... and don't seem to need weapons fire

and, corpus Moa's will use there lasers...  sort of..  sometimes.. if your in melee shooting.

everything else is disabled, they don't shoot, they don't melee..

I posted screenshots...  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/198822-excalibur-radial-blind-needs-a-slight-nerf/#entry2311222

H44I0uN.jpg

xrWlXXC.jpg

aIAuTfy.jpg

and if you still don't believe me your welcome to join a game with me.. and shoot your gun into the air... while things stand about doing ... nothing.

Read the link here:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Radial_Blind

• Blind melee units will run to the source of audible gunfire and/or footsteps in order to attempt to melee.
    • You can use the initial 5-second stun to run to a safe firing location and then use silent weaponry in order to prevent them running to your location.
  • Blind ranged units will stand still or run for cover and may occasionally throw a grenade towards the sound of your gunfire, but they will not fire their primary weapon. They are almost completely incapacitated.

While you are right that they will not fire their ranged weapons, according to the wiki the Enemy will try to retaliate if they hear anything. Also, DE did state that stealth will become important in the near future. I can only guess that they may have secretly made it so that some enemies will try to fire their guns while blind.

Edited by FoxFX

you linked wikia? are you suggesting that if wikia says something different, what happens in the game wrong?

from wikia...

"Blind melee units will run to the source of audible gunfire and/or footsteps in order to attempt to melee."

but they never actually melee... they do "run towards gunfire" unless your doing defense.

from (Warframe Wikia, 2014)

"Blind ranged units will stand still or run for cover and may occasionally throw a grenade towards the sound of your gunfire, but they will not fire their primary weapon. They are almost completely incapacitated."

yup

Happy to do 5 waves of whatever defense you wish to show you.

Edited by Tatersail

you linked wikia? are you suggesting that if wikia says something different, what happens in the game wrong?

from wikia...

"Blind melee units will run to the source of audible gunfire and/or footsteps in order to attempt to melee."

but they never actually melee... they do "run towards gunfire" unless your doing defense.

from (Warframe Wikia, 2014)

"Blind ranged units will stand still or run for cover and may occasionally throw a grenade towards the sound of your gunfire, but they will not fire their primary weapon. They are almost completely incapacitated."

yup

Happy to do 5 waves of whatever defense you wish to show you.

I just said at my last post that they will NOT fire their range weapons but will try to retaliate when blind based o the wiki. It may not seem much at first, but the grenades and getting carelessly hit with an enemy melee attack can be risky.

t9SXH4r.jpg

my current build. Cant reproduce it but i swear ive had a few times where they kept shooting me even after being radial blinded. might have been a rare glitch or a client/host lag thing idk

Edited by --Strider-Hiryu--

getting carelessly hit with an enemy melee attack can be risky.

THEY DON'T MELEE!!!

look at the top screenshot, I am shooting Karak and infested have 0 reaction.. I have never been hit in melee by a blind mob, of any faction.

uuuh. go try this in game, before posting please.

--Strider-Hiryu--  try adding some duration and range mods in place of the shield recharge and Reflection chance.

your build looks like a serious sprinter! .... max run speed and Stamina with maxed out shield flux!

and you have clearly had some fun in melee using this build in U13 but its not the build I would choose to showcase the strengths of radial blind.

Radial blind does need a little modding, as a base ability its more of a quick aoe stun, it only really becomes powerful / overpowered after modding.

Try modding your entire frame around one power, with only a single defensive/utility mod, and test it out in a mission see what you think.

Edited by Tatersail

not true,...

I did make a huge post about this,  targets will still use Grenades... randomly.. somtimes.. and they don't seem to need weapons fire, Ash and Loki also get hit by these "random" grenade lobs

the only target that seem to react is corpus laser Moa, they will use short range lasers...  again sometimes, and only if your in melee shooting at something other than them..

everything else is disabled, they don't shoot, they don't melee.. commandos don't use knockdowns, etc.

H44I0uN.jpg

xrWlXXC.jpg

aIAuTfy.jpg

First of all, screenshot 1 is pointless.  Infested will go for the crypod and ignore you without Radial Blind.  All you've done is stopped them from attacking it for the time being.  Since the crypod doesn't make any noise, they just get close to where the last known position of the target is and keep repositioning for a 'lunge' attack.  If they were aggro'd on you, and you made a noise and stood still, they'd melee you.  I'm more curious to know what happened to that runner right next to you in the bottom left hand corner.  It looks like he isn't going for the crypod at all.

Second screenshot doesn't show alerted enemies.  After using Radial Blind, alerted enemies walk around with their guns in the 'aim' position and randomly run for cover.  Not sure how you achieved it, but they're all in the 'idle' position as if you were running a mission on stealth mode.  The ones you pointed out in the very back actually are taking cover and one (you crossed out with the red arrow) is aiming at you as you shoot that Bolto.

Enemies will most definitely attack based on your last position if you were the aggro'd target.  Go to void defense, wait for some fusion moas, and blind them.  Then shoot them and move out of the way.  They will be shooting a laser at the air where you last made the noise.  It's actually pretty neat to lead them on that way.

It seems there is a little bit of RNG in how the enemies react to being blind though.

pfff... I need fraps..    again I ask.. please try this in game, with my build, then comment.

"stopped them from attacking it for the time being"  yes for 25 seconds they don't attack or melee..

"they'd melee you." no they don't  I hate to use caps but "TRY IT IN GAME"

http://imgur.com/VeWbkGe,MYSKI2J,CmFNKhB,ncAhUOE,2bSpUGB,6rY6ixO,sUiWSbk,HKgbGMH,fjBXXcI,6bd07Hj,RjHqgF2,oOqTHRW,c0WybCk,0KihUK6,TvsU7lQ,1n8Xw8p,id7mkB8,6xARRzE,5XXlaYK,qpulGTs,mXkwxL5,ecFNKHR,YZXXyqB,q08zUUQ

VeWbkGe.jpg

MYSKI2J.jpg

CmFNKhB.jpg

ncAhUOE.jpg

2bSpUGB.jpg

6rY6ixO.jpg

sUiWSbk.jpg

HKgbGMH.jpg

RjHqgF2.jpg

c0WybCk.jpg

0KihUK6.jpg

and here in infested survival I am shooting with blinded mobs not attacking

2cyzpZJ.jpg

BHQxD3b.jpg

xE4YOJn.jpg

ZuQ3QKv.jpg

Can't believe I am having this argument again, just get me in game and I will show you, IN GAME what happens

Edited by Tatersail

pfff... I need fraps..    again I ask.. please try this in game, with my build, then comment.

"stopped them from attacking it for the time being"  yes for 25 seconds they don't attack or melee..

"they'd melee you." no they don't  I hate to use caps but "TRY IT IN GAME"

Screenshot spam is irrelevant.  You haven't understood how the blind works.  If you've never been the target, you won't be the target simply by spamming wildly.  You have to actually deal damage to them.

Do you know what I mean by "aggro"?  Maybe I'm not being clear enough.

however I am not understanding..

I know using radial blind lets me slaughter enemies with 0 return fire, and do t3 void defense to very high wave count.

thats all I need to know, nothing has every hit me (except corpus moa in melee) and I have used many different sorts of weapons to massacre them with little reaction.

I deal damage to them...  I can show that too if you like... I can get an unranked Lato and shoot each one in the &#! if it will make you happy.

and for a 5th time..

TRY THIS IN GAME...

or simply invite me and I will show you

http://goo.gl/fLdfUm

My all-around gameplay build. Slash Dash and Super Jump are your mobility tools; never underestimate them.

The duration's a bit low, but for the huge utility boosts that SD and SJ offer, it's definitely worth it. If not, then you can just toss on a forma and replace that Stamina mod with Constitution or something, and get the best of both worlds while sacrificing a bit of melee.

So far, nothing that I've tried has beaten this build for Defense; it's a great blend of mobility and crowd control. The only Defense setup that I've found to be easier is the classic Vauban + Infested Defense combo.

So for a while now ive noticed that when you use excalibur's radial blind it will stun everyone in range and put smoke over thier eyes. The instant they stop flailing around and the stun is over they go right back to shooting away at me. Ive stood still and used it then while they were blind i moved a bit and just crouched. The instant the stun ended they started shooting at me and the defense objective.

they still go for anything making shooting sounds/loud noises, so your gunfire or sentinel blasting away is alerting them to your presence, if you want an excal that doesnt get shot back at, equip a Bow + Kunai/Despair, and for your sentinel equip the Hush or Supress mods on your sentinel weapon if using anything except the sweeper shotgun (i think djinn's dartgun is naturally silent?).

this way you wont get shot at as everything you have equipped is classed as "Silent" and the enemy will just randomly flail around like idiots, or shoot at your noisy teammates.

Edited by Methanoid

they still go for anything making shooting sounds/loud noises, so your gunfire or sentinel blasting away is alerting them to your presence,

uuuhh....   /sigh...

NO, they don't, they don't shoot back, they don't melee.

Edited by Tatersail