Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proto-Skin

Crimistin

Again, it wasn't a gift. Those of us who chose to buy it spent plat aka money on it. A gift does not cost the person receiving the gift anything. The Dex Furis was a gift. That didn't cost me anything and it even came with a slot and potato. The Proto-Skin was an additional collectible you could choose to pay for. There's plenty of games that only do things for a week. I'd say a week is a pretty decent length of time to offer a collectible that costs money to obtain.

There's even games that offer less time for special deals. League of Legends often releases skins that cost 1350 RP but if you get it in the first four days, it's 975. It's a special, limited time deal. If people miss it, they miss it.

Ok, saying "gift" isn't what I'm saying. I still think it should be bought with plat. I still think it should be a collectible. I just don't see why they can't make something like Hayden Tenno's skin only available to people for a week.

Well ... Spilled milk and all.  I do feel bad for you TC.  I'd have been severely annoyed if I had missed it due to vacation or training or something.  I just started a new position and have been out of town a lot for training.  I'm a PS4 user.  I don't bring it with me and usually can't connect to the crap hotel internet connection with it when I do.  I'm dreading this happening to me.  If it does, while likely futile, I'll be sending DE a "take pity on me" e-mail.  Speaking of this though, can you buy these things via the website?  If so, I don't suppose I need to fret.

This is why I'm saying it should be made available for more than a week. People go on required training, out of town for business, on a vacation with their family (especially during holidays) and they miss something so exclusive like this because its only a week. I don't want to feel like I have to log on every single day in fear that there will be something I will miss. We should have more leway for this kind of opertunity. I'd be fine if they did it like League of Legends where its cheaper for the first come first serve idea. But it should be available for longer.

So, because of something that happened on your end, and despite DE saying repeatedly it would only be around for a week, you want DE to compensate you by making it available again.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Ok, saying "gift" isn't what I'm saying. I still think it should be bought with plat. I still think it should be a collectible. I just don't see why they can't make something like Hayden Tenno's skin only available to people for a week.

You're only arguing this because your computer/net took a crap on you and you missed out by 3 hours. Like someone earlier in the thread said, if it was available for 30 days and you still missed it by 3 hours would you be saying "They should've offered it for longer than a month"? There's plenty of things this game offers that people miss out on. Alerts, Darvo's Deal(what if someone really wants the U12 cosmetic pack and they're visiting family today?), etc. People have missed out on things from events as well. There's always going to be something someone has missed out on, be it by three hours or three months. 

The only reason you're even upset is because you couldn't get it within that one week period. Assuming you work eight hours a day, five days a week, you had a whole 128 hours(not factoring in sleep, since not everyone sleeps the same amount of time) to buy this item. You're saying DE should've offered it longer because your ISP or computer wasn't functioning? It's done man. It's over. DE chose to make it available for a week, more than enough time for regularly active players to go "Oh cool! I'm going to buy that!" Are there other players who don't play often who would've liked that? I'm sure there are, but they're not here blaming DE for missing out because they choose to play other games or do other things with their time.

So, because of something that happened on your end, and despite DE saying repeatedly it would only be around for a week, you want DE to compensate you by making it available again.

Would you like some cheese with your whine?

Where did I say that I wanted it available again? You and everyone have missed what I've been saying MAKE THEM AVAILABLE FOR LONGER!!!

No, they should stick to there guns since they made it available for one week. But in the future, this kind of thing shouldn't be so limited. 

Eh its just a skin AND someone, somewhere is going to miss something in warframe.  Why should things like this be changed just because of that.  I missed the founder pack but I'm not crying about it even though I really like Excal prime :<

How is seven whole days such a limited offer? That's a long time imo. If you played at all regularly, you'd have logged in at least ONCE during that week. If your log in issues you mentioned in the OP lasted the entire week, it's time to look at a new ISP or check if your computer needs repairs.

Edited by Obtenebris

Eh its just a skin AND someone, somewhere is going to miss something in warframe.  Why should things like this be changed just because of that.  I missed the founder pack but I'm not crying about it even though I really like Excal prime :<

If you miss it you miss it. I'm just saying they should make them available for longer. 

How is seven whole days such a limited offer? That's a long time imo. If you played at all regularly, you'd have logged in at least ONCE during that week. If your log in issues you mentioned in the OP lasted the entire week, it's time to look at a new ISP or check if your computer needs repairs.

As I've mentioned before, I've played all week. I man not be a Founder like you but I have put hundreds of hours into this game. I've had my computer checked, no issues. Had my internet checked, no issues.

Now for the last time, I haven't mention anything about getting the Proto-skin. I've mentioned over and over again that they should just make it available for longer. I actually really like that League of Legends idea.

As I've mentioned before, I've played all week. I man not be a Founder like you but I have put hundreds of hours into this game. I've had my computer checked, no issues. Had my internet checked, no issues.

Now for the last time, I haven't mention anything about getting the Proto-skin. I've mentioned over and over again that they should just make it available for longer. I actually really like that League of Legends idea.

Well from my standpoint, you saying "A week isn't long enough" just...doesn't make sense. If you were playing all that week, why didn't you buy it then? Was it just some last second decision you made to buy it on the last day and you couldn't log in? I'm just not seeing why 7 days to buy a special edition item that costs about $10 isn't enough time.

Bu you're still missing the point, it shouldn't just be a one week deal.

Why? Because you said so?

A month is simply decreasing the worth of the item. 7 days.

168 hrs you could have bought it. You simply didnt. Not enough time is simply bullshi*

Well from my standpoint, you saying "A week isn't long enough" just...doesn't make sense. If you were playing all that week, why didn't you buy it then? Was it just some last second decision you made to buy it on the last day and you couldn't log in? I'm just not seeing why 7 days to buy a special edition item that costs about $10 isn't enough time.

That week it wouldn't let me log in. Idk why it wouldn't let me but it wouldn't let me. I was worried about my computer, like you were saying to check, but it wasn't my computer. It was a last minute decision, I just couldn't get on for that week. If you think that 7 days is fine, great. The only reason I've really started this thread was to see if I could get more people to say it should be longer.

Perhaps you missed my post about being out of town for up to two weeks.  It happens.  People go on vacations, have family emergencies, etc., etc., etc.  Most people can't or don't take their gaming PCs or PS4s along with them to those types of things.  I can think of a hundred reasons why not being able to log on for a week is not out of the realm of possibility, or down right unlikely for that matter.  Personally, though, I think it could stay at a week if they offered it on the website as well as the in-game store.  I've made the suggestion in the website forum.  Let's hope they take it.

Why? Because you said so?

A month is simply decreasing the worth of the item. 7 days.

168 hrs you could have bought it. You simply didnt. Not enough time is simply bullshi*

Thanks for that. You can just simply say you disagree. Now that you finally got my point, that I think it should be longer then a week, we can leave it at that.

Perhaps you missed my post about being out of town for up to two weeks.  It happens.  People go on vacations, have family emergencies, etc., etc., etc.  Most people can't or don't take their gaming PCs or PS4s along with them to those types of things.  I can think of a hundred reasons why not being able to log on for a week is not out of the realm of possibility, or down right unlikely for that matter.  Personally, though, I think it could stay at a week if they offered it on the website as well as the in-game store.  I've made the suggestion in the website forum.  Let's hope they take it.

Thanks for making that suggestion to them. And I thank you for posting man, This was what I was hoping others would feel like. Up to this point they shouldn't re-release anything, but it would be nice to have a longer opportunity to get them.

well i didnt get it because i got money in my account 3 days before it ended and my platinum purchase didnt get aproved for another 12 days becasue of some bs

That really blows. I feel for you man. I might suggest having a bit of a stash left over for something like this.

Thanks for making that suggestion to them. And I thank you for posting man, This was what I was hoping others would feel like. Up to this point they shouldn't re-release anything, but it would be nice to have a longer opportunity to get them.

No problem.  Putting myself in your shoes ... I would not be pleased.  Clearly all of these guys flaming you got their skin, or they'd be singing a different tune.  I got mine too, but I feel bad for you.  It can't hurt to try to message support, explain your situation, and see if they'll let you buy it.  The only way to make sure they won't is not to ask.  You're out nothing if they say no.

No problem.  Putting myself in your shoes ... I would not be pleased.  Clearly all of these guys flaming you got their skin, or they'd be singing a different tune.  I got mine too, but I feel bad for you.  It can't hurt to try to message support, explain your situation, and see if they'll let you buy it.  The only way to make sure they won't is not to ask.  You're out nothing if they say no.

Just sent them a support message. Couldn't help but notice a lot of the other guys were Founders too. No reason to complain when you have it already, right? Thanks again for supporting me man.