Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Ps4 Migration? Is This Still Even A Thing?

(PSN)DarkFire-Rogue

Are you talking PS4 to PC, or PC to PS4? I can see many reasons why migration would be difficult to accomplish, regardless of which way the migration goes. PC to PS4 - you've got weapons, frames, maps, etc that don't exist yet in the PS4 world. PS4 to PC - a lot of events and updates have already occured in the PC world, would you lose out on the opportunity to get those things altogether? I wouldn't give up on it just yet, but I think both "versions" of the game need to be on the same build before migration can become a reality

And this is never going to happen.

I wouldn't rule it out just yet, but I wouldn't think it would be anytime soon. I would think the frequency of updates would need to slow way down, to the point where both platforms would be on the same build for over a month at a time. Once the game starts growing stale (some might argue that it has already), the Devs might use it as an enticement to come back to the game

I wouldn't rule it out just yet, but I wouldn't think it would be anytime soon. I would think the frequency of updates would need to slow way down, to the point where both platforms would be on the same build for over a month at a time. Once the game starts growing stale (some might argue that it has already), the Devs might use it as an enticement to come back to the game

Updates wont be slowed down as it will upset the "master race".

We are still pushing with Sony for the PC to PS4 migration. Getting the builds in sync isn't really the hard part. 

The moment the migration is available, I'll be migrating my account as well! 

And how will you be addressing out of sync builds. Stuff that you would have on the PC, would that be migrated to the PS4? Is the migration limited to account details, scores, credits etc or will it bring all your warframes , weapons as well? If that is the case it would mean that you would have devided players where some can have something that others cannot due to delayed build updates.

The details are still being discussed with Sony. Ideally, the migration will include as much as possible on our end. I wish I could say more, but that's all I know right now. 

PS4 players who migrate a PC account will not have access to content before other PS4 players.

The only way migration should be allowed is if ps4 players are given an exclusive frame and 2 weapons that founders that migrate will not get access to, or strip any pc players with founders status of their exclusive founders gear or you are going to cause a lot of problems and piss off a lot of people.

The details are still being discussed with Sony. Ideally, the migration will include as much as possible on our end. I wish I could say more, but that's all I know right now. 

PS4 players who migrate a PC account will not have access to content before other PS4 players.

That I imagine includes founders gear, braton vandal and other stuff that PS4 players never had access to?

The only way migration should be allowed is if ps4 players are given an exclusive frame and 2 weapons that founders that migrate will not get access to, or strip any pc players with founders status of their exclusive founders gear or you are going to cause a lot of problems and &!$$ off a lot of people.

Strong word, eh. I'll simply uninstall the game and forget about it if they manage to allow founders gear transfer.

But I doubt it will happen, if it does it means it's time to abandon Sony since they're losing the main appeal of console gaming (Playstation exclusives that are not available to PC peasants). Granted, that's just PS4. I have 2 years worth of game backlog on vita.

So, for arguments sake, Migration happens tomorrow. As a PC user on build 13 you have Hydroid. Now you migrate your account to PS4, you no longer have him until PS4 gets build 13? If so , would you need to build him again or would he be "unlocked" with the content update?

Drew that you so much we have not hear san

We will definitely keep you posted. We are eager to get more info ourselves. 

Thank you so much we have not seen anything about this since February and we were told it "Was just around the corner"then. I'm running one of the larger PS4 clans with a rank 0 it's silly, 

• 2 weeks later...

sony is supposed to eventually allow updates without certification.. it's a matter of when that part exists. I was hoping 1.7 would allow that but it didn't. lets hope the next ps4 firmware update will. 

Considering on the patch 12.4 Warframe caused the PS4 to have to be hard reset it after a Void crash which had to be hotfixed (even though they say, there are no hotfixes). Doesn't look like that will happen. DE doesn't test their game enough, and Sony doesn't want a bunch of customers with fried up PS4s calling their tech support department. So no.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33