Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mod Scavenger Aura

Drunken_Child

I know this isn't my best suggestion, but hear me out. How about a mod that increases the drop rate of mods. How about 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% more likely to drop a mod. We must remember this does not mean that 1/4 of the enemies you kill will drop mods it means they are 1.5x more likely to drop a mod. So that means if there is a 10% chance of dropping a mod rhat will now be bumped to a 15% chance. maybe its just me but that sounds a bit under powered. So we could buff it to say a 20%/40%/60%/80%/100% more likely to drop a mod, this means an enemy is now 2x as likely to drop a mod. But these numbers are not set in stone, the important thing here is the idea not the stats.

I know this isn't my best suggestion, but hear me out. How about a mod that increases the drop rate of mods. How about 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% more likely to drop a mod. We must remember this does not mean that 1/4 of the enemies you kill will drop mods it means they are 1.5x more likely to drop a mod. So that means if there is a 10% chance of dropping a mod rhat will now be bumped to a 15% chance. maybe its just me but that sounds a bit under powered. So we could buff it to say a 20%/40%/60%/80%/100% more likely to drop a mod, this means an enemy is now 2x as likely to drop a mod. But these numbers are not set in stone, the important thing here is the idea not the stats.

I actually like this idea.

Your a genius :D 

Perfect for nekros

Edited by Ibro156

I may get Nekros and have fun whit that mod XD. Its actually pretty good.

Thing is as an Aura mod it stacks to everyone and if say all 4 of you have it then it means at max Rank your team will have 400% increased mod drop. maybe if its the first Aura that doesnt stack whit others? or maybe set a cap of say 200% extra chance?

Oddly enough I was just thinking about something like this this morning, +1 for the idea and your psychic ninja skills.

P.S. +50% would probably be a good max, remember that auras are stackable so +100% per player may be a bit too much.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

I may get Nekros and have fun whit that mod XD. Its actually pretty good.

Thing is as an Aura mod it stacks to everyone and if say all 4 of you have it then it means at max Rank your team will have 400% increased mod drop. maybe if its the first Aura that doesnt stack whit others? or maybe set a cap of say 200% extra chance?

I don't think there needs to be a cap, I played 3 ODS this morning with an avarage time of 35mins and got a whopping 23 mods over about 5k kills. So of I could get 4x drop rate that would also make it easier to sift through the terrible commons and get the rare and stances we crave.

lower the % by about 50%-75% and it's more balanced. 

5% - 10% - 15% - 20%

2.5 - 5% - 7.5% - 10%

it'll stack to end up being 40%-80%, which'll make it so every enemy will likely drop a mod with nekros.

That's the issue with this concept alone isn't to weak, but stacked to strong.

hence the debuff.

undoubtably this'll become one of, if not the, most used aura if it was released unless it was one of those auras that, at max, gives 5 energy unpolarized

I think it honestly depends on the drop chance itself, if anyone even knows what that is; I wouldn't be surprised if it was even less than 10% though. And even if it is 10% I still think an additive +50% at max rank is balanced. It would mean that you would get a 30% chance for a mod drop with a whole team using the same aura, but you would have to account for the following factors:

-Those mods could still be junk mods

-The rarity of particular mobs themselves

-A whole team would have to be carrying this aura

-The whole team would be sacrificing space for other useful auras such as Rejuvenation or Energy Siphon

All and all I think it's fine as it is (maybe even underpowered) assuming the drop chance of mods is equal to or less than 10%.

P.S. Not sure if MagiTwister of determining it by flat values or not, but I assume such a mod would be additive since that's a trend with mods in this game.

I think it honestly depends on the drop chance itself, if anyone even knows what that is; I wouldn't be surprised if it was even less than 10% though. And even if it is 10% I still think an additive +50% at max rank is balanced. It would mean that you would get a 30% chance for a mod drop with a whole team using the same aura, but you would have to account for the following factors:

-Those mods could still be junk mods

-The rarity of particular mobs themselves

-A whole team would have to be carrying this aura

-The whole team would be sacrificing space for other useful auras such as Rejuvenation or Energy Siphon

All and all I think it's fine as it is (maybe even underpowered) assuming the drop chance of mods is equal to or less than 10%.

P.S. Not sure if MagiTwister of determining it by flat values or not, but I assume such a mod would be additive since that's a trend with mods in this game.

I agree with drop chances being less than 10%. Look at your total kills then think of you gross mod count. That's why we need high stats. Like you said also it will help us sift tgrough all the crap.

Also with the point others are saying with it will go good with nekros. Honestly when you use desecrate on a group of 20 dead enemies how often do mods drop (hint, not very often). I don't know if there even is a true drop rate, it might be rng (though I doubt it).

I really like the idea of this mod and was thinking what if we also had a mod that increased the rarity of mods, like it would give each mod dropped a chance to be rarer than normal, but would not affect the normal drop rates? I also agree that the drop rate mod should have a relatively low percentage max, maybe 30% because otherwise it could get ridiculous.