The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would Hydroid Be Worth The Grind?

(PSN)Jamster219

I really enjoyed running Hydroid.

Tidal Surge (Water Dash) and Undertow (Puddle) were a lot of fun!

Besides, it didn't really feel grindy getting Hydroid. Prime items are grindy, this one not so much.

not yet, because alot of people are farming for beacons, wait till it gets old like nekros, THEN it's gonna be a pain to get

Edited by marbatico

I consider Hydroid to be in a similar position to Zephyr. They are "fun" frames that have just enough functionality to not be considered "dead weight" in a group. At the same time, they aren't specialized enough to be considered "essential" in any situation either. No one is going to be spamming "Need Hydroid or Zephyr", like they do for Vauban or Nekros, in LFG.

I consider Hydroid to be in a similar position to Zephyr. They are "fun" frames that have just enough functionality to not be considered "dead weight" in a group. At the same time, they aren't specialized enough to be considered "essential" in any situation either. No one is going to be spamming "Need Hydroid or Zephyr", like they do for Vauban or Nekros, in LFG.

but do you really need a perfect group if you'r doing anything but T3 survival/defence for a long time?

but do you really need a perfect group if you'r doing anything but T3 survival/defence for a long time?

Like I said, he's good enough that he's not considered dead weight. But no one's going to be asking you to switch to him for T3 Def or farming runs either. Even then, someone else will likely have a Frost or Nekros they can switch to.

Hydroid is cool looking, but does little damage and offers second rate crowd control. I lucked out and got mine in 3 Hek runs, plus the 4-5 runs to get the beacons, so for under 10 missions I'd say he was totally worth it. He's not a must have though, so if you can't find a farming group put it off till later.

Hydroid is cool looking, but does little damage and offers second rate crowd control. I lucked out and got mine in 3 Hek runs, plus the 4-5 runs to get the beacons, so for under 10 missions I'd say he was totally worth it. He's not a must have though, so if you can't find a farming group put it off till later.

Hydroids strongest points are in how long his abilities last though duration its insane his ultimate can last over 30 seconds and will spawn in what ever location you point it at you can point it at a cryo pod far way and boom they spawn right on it. Its not a point blank aoe like people think. Tide surge is great CC and mobility. and tempest barrage just feels like a second ultimate inho great CC nice duration he is currently the only warframe i use all of his abilities on. And bad reviewers like PCG say his dmg suck but his dmg comes from the sheer duration of his skills and how they all synergise so well with each other. 

Edited by LurkenLurker

I don't know of any ult that can kill level 75+'s so as far as weak... You aren't giving hydroid a fair chance in that regard.  His crowd control isn't really second rate but it takes a bit more ingenuity and planning.  Want to protect the pod?  Wait for enemys to get closer to it and then cast your ult or puddle and wait until you have a few enemys and then cast your ult, or want to block off a path way to the pod or enterance to the room you are defending? Cast your ult a few seconds early while aiming and you are almost guarented no enemys will pass by easily, and while it isnt vaubans net and it wont be, Vauban's net has a limit, the tenticals don't, neither does the puddle.

Just wondering, Maybe it's just me, but he looks fun  to play aesthetically (Scaling from a puddle to a Kraken ha) , but aside from that with very mediocre shields and health, will he be worth the time and resources?

Yes.

His stats are greatly balanced overall and he has good shields.

Close-ranged CC 'Frame. Tentacles for efficiency and less duration though I'd say since their initial attack seems to kill anything they touch, then their second, third, ect., hits seem to do nothing at all.

He's a fantastic frame with 3 different types of crowd control and a mobility ability that is yet another stun/cc.

People who don't think he's worth it are clearly modding him improperly.

Or are not using his tentacle-hentai ability at the right time. All his CC's require timing.

His only lackluster ability, which is also his funniest, is of course the puddle.

It's comedy value falls off very quick and you're left with an effective but exceedingly slow and boring crowd control ability.

Outside of that, he is fantastic.

Building his parts right now. From what I've heard, he's fun to play, which I like in a frame, and I was lucky enough to stockpile some deltas before the hotfix that decreased the drop rates. Apparently my prayers to the RNG gods were heard, because I got all three parts in three runs.

He's a fantastic frame with 3 different types of crowd control and a mobility ability that is yet another stun/cc.

People who don't think he's worth it are clearly modding him improperly.

Or are not using his tentacle-hentai ability at the right time. All his CC's require timing.

His only lackluster ability, which is also his funniest, is of course the puddle.

It's comedy value falls off very quick and you're left with an effective but exceedingly slow and boring crowd control ability.

Outside of that, he is fantastic.

His Puddle can set up a easy melee kill or tentacles swarm its also good for recharging your shields if you take to much dmg why do people say its lackluster when its versatile if your able to think outside the box that is.

His Puddle can set up a easy melee kill or tentacles swarm its also good for recharging your shields if you take to much dmg why do people say its lackluster when its versatile if your able to think outside the box that is.

ppl dunno how to play him :P

EDIT: hydroid is my 2nd with all 4  skill frame :D

Edited by choole2

I think Hydroid is well worth the grind. 

Aesthetically, he's one of my favorite warframes, though that's not where he shines. 

Every single one of his abilities have some sort of utility that makes them scale well.

Tempest Barrage: Knocks everything in range down.

Tidal Surge: Also knocks everything down that is in range.

Undertow: Especially great when dealing with infested and can be useful in getting a group of Heavies off your team's back. 

Tentacle Swarm: Flings enemies around. What more can I say?

• 2 weeks later...

honestly, i'm kinda leaning toward he's not worth the grind. took me and 3 of my clan mates 2 weeks to find 2 delta orbs, and when we used the 4 keys, we just got the chassis 4 times. not really looking forward to another 2 weeks to find delta orbs again for one key so that i can get yet another chassis....

honestly, i'm kinda leaning toward he's not worth the grind. took me and 3 of my clan mates 2 weeks to find 2 delta orbs, and when we used the 4 keys, we just got the chassis 4 times. not really looking forward to another 2 weeks to find delta orbs again for one key so that i can get yet another chassis....

i figured this would become a problem when less people are running vay kek assassination missions