Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I The Only One Who Thinks Warframe Is Missing A Kind Of Dash-Dodge?

FrostGrimoire

A dodge like Revengeance's when a melee weapon is equipped would be a more entertaining, though it won't work the same due to the variety of weapons and lack of real lock on.

The only dodge I remember from MGRR was the Offensive Defense, but that's not exactly what I mean. The Dash-Dodge I had in mind is more of a method of evasion and not an attack. No lock on required. :P

ME3 dodges just involved hitting space bar while moving in any direction -- but you couldn't jump.

I wouldn't mind seeing such a system here, but jumps are definitely staying.

A one-button system you mean? Please tell me that's not what you mean. :/

Well, you could also double tap to dodge, and I liked that.

What I really liked in ME 3 multiplayer was the variance in dodge types, sidesteps, rolls, teleports.

I think it would be awesome if frames like ash, Loki, and nova got teleport dodges, maybe excal and some other melee frames could get those slashing dodges the OP was talking about, heavy frames like frost and rhino would only be able to do little hops the way Geth and Turians dodged.

Well, you could also double tap to dodge, and I liked that.

What I really liked in ME 3 multiplayer was the variance in dodge types, sidesteps, rolls, teleports.

I think it would be awesome if frames like ash, Loki, and nova got teleport dodges, maybe excal and some other melee frames could get those slashing dodges the OP was talking about, heavy frames like frost and rhino would only be able to do little hops the way Geth and Turians dodged.

A verity of dodges would definitely be really nice to see - in fact if you scroll up, I was saying that exact same thing about Loki and Ash using mini-teleports similar to how ME 3 does it. Though as for Slashing Dodges... Why not let any frame do that just by hitting the melee button as you dash? Actually that sounds like a Slide attack now that I think about it...

A verity of dodges would definitely be really nice to see - in fact if you scroll up, I was saying that exact same thing about Loki and Ash using mini-teleports similar to how ME 3 does it. Though as for Slashing Dodges... Why not let any frame do that just by hitting the melee button as you dash? Actually that sounds like a Slide attack now that I think about it...

Man I miss N7 Vanguard tele-dodge... Get stuck in the S#&$ in a hallway? No problem, double-tap towards the wall and teleport through the wall to the next room over.

All these gunz references are making me want to vomit in pure rage. A terrible game with a bad movement system that sold its glaring bugs as a feature... and these people want those features here.

Levels need to emphasize the movements first, parkour rooms where too obtuse, and not having anything makes the movement system redundant.

Dodging isn't needed as there is no reason to do so currently. There are no massive slow heavy hitting attacks to avoid, nor is there really a threat outside of knockdown to worry about in melee. Especially now with the parry system.

Should there be a better dodge? yes. But only if they can add an actual reason to do so.  As is, its much like adding a faster wall run or better wall kick function. Not much use to be had out of it.

All these gunz references are making me want to vomit in pure rage. A terrible game with a bad movement system that sold its glaring bugs as a feature... and these people want those features here.

Levels need to emphasize the movements first, parkour rooms where too obtuse, and not having anything makes the movement system redundant.

Dodging isn't needed as there is no reason to do so currently. There are no massive slow heavy hitting attacks to avoid, nor is there really a threat outside of knockdown to worry about in melee. Especially now with the parry system.

Should there be a better dodge? yes. But only if they can add an actual reason to do so.  As is, its much like adding a faster wall run or better wall kick function. Not much use to be had out of it.

Well to be fair, all I want to see is a better dodge than a really slow and unreliable roll - I don't want the movement system to COMPLETELY emulate GunZ's, in fact Warframe's way of moving around is arguably better than GunZ's(And keep in mind that I didn't have GunZ in mind when I was writing the topic) but just a small change - or improvement I should say - while everything else stays the same.

Actually I mean a simple and easy to use system which gives a good feedback. ME3 does that with it's dodges.

However, I would like to forget about the numerous times the doom button has made me roll when I wanted to revive a teammate or when it chucked me behind half-cover right beneath the loving arms of the Banshee.

I was thinking about double tapping WASD as an alternative maybe.

The only dodge I remember from MGRR was the Offensive Defense, but that's not exactly what I mean. The Dash-Dodge I had in mind is more of a method of evasion and not an attack. No lock on required. :P

The entire point of Offensive Defensive was the fact that it's a dodge. The attack was a bonus, it gave you invinicbility frames so you can not get murdered by grabs and AoE attacks.