The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Tell Me Venus Is Next

Tuxie

I just want all planets to have different tilesets

I believe DE has mentioned that is the plan, but it does take a huge amount of time with other aspects consuming said time as well.

On OT:

There has been hints at many things to cause why planets are varied, the most common is teraforming, be it by the orokin or otherwise.  Also there was some hits of the deteriorating sun and/or planetry orbits, and 'something' was done to fix it without any actual specifics given.

Edited by Loswaith

You'd think so, but learn a little bit about the planets in our solar system. The average temperature of Mercury is about 442.5K whereas Venus has an average temperature of 735K, Venus is covered by a thick coat of atmosphere, that means heat has trouble escaping.

Atmosphere and thick thick clouds trap in all the heat.  Mercury gets extremely hot during the day but the nightside is freezing because it has NO atmosphere.  

Also Venus not only is the hottest but it has EXTREME pressure.  So much that even if someone were to use a suit that could protect against the heat the pressure on Venus would flatten him into a messy pancake if he ever went there.  

You could argue that Venus has been at least somewhat terraformed... but then again I like to think of Corpus outposts as half-way abandoned "blacksites" that are actually "bio domes" of sorts. And they are icy simply for cost cutting reasons (keeping it livable as opposed to keeping it comfortable) 

And Phobos needs to give it's tileset to Mars, unless we get an awesome urban tileset for it. Unless the Orokin slammed Deimos into Phobos (along with half the asteroid ring between Mars and Jupiter), there is no way Phobos would be this warm, not mention with an atmosphere to speak of with signs of extensive colonization. 

This is a problem, but not the ability to instantaneously travel between all the planets, moons and space rocks?

If you want realism, turn off your PC and go apply for a job at NASA.

Realism?

ask DE to put instant death when there's vacuum in spaceship, or instantly thrown out of the spaceship (by the window) and slowly received Shield DOT (space is cold) and Health DOT (no oxygen)