The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino With A Bow?

(PSN)Victini24316

Question

Ok I don't what's going on but hopefully one of you can give me info

I have watched numerous warframe videos on YouTube and on most of those video's there is a Rhino or Rhino prime that is using a bow. The one thing I don't get is that bows are meant for stealth and Rhino is all about crowd control, rushing the enemy and killing them with ease.

So what I want to know is WHY DO PEOPLE USE A BOW WITH RHINO!?

(Forgive me if I sound a bit irrational in this post)   

14 answers to this question

Because they wanna use a bow with rhino, simple.  It's kinda like ESO's system where a Templar can use a bow and leather armor if they really wanted to.

This game doesn't restrict loadout based on warframe, which adds some fun combinations.

Because why not? Bows have a great role in the game. So apparently Nova can't use Galatine cause she's too small for it. Rhino shouldn't be using a bow?

It's just what type of weapon people like. People like to use Rhino and a bow. Or a Loki using Ogris. Doesn't make sense right?

Ok I don't what's going on but hopefully one of you can give me info

I have watched numerous warframe videos on YouTube and on most of those video's there is a Rhino or Rhino prime that is using a bow. The one thing I don't get is that bows are meant for stealth and Rhino is all about crowd control, rushing the enemy and killing them with ease.

So what I want to know is WHY DO PEOPLE USE A BOW WITH RHINO!?

(Forgive me if I sound a bit irrational in this post)   

Honestly at one point or another people stopped doing stealth style missions because it is much easier to just run around killing wildly. Bows arent used because they are silent, but because they do massive damage

I've used a bow with my Rhino Prime for the simple fact of 100% crit and really high damage. I can still crowd control and one shot everything. But I get the idea of rhino using a full auto and loki or banshee using a stealthy bow. It's just up to player's choice and play style. 

Here's a mechanics-based answer for you: a Rhino with Iron Skin up effectively negates a lot of the factors that make draw time a nuisance. For instance, Rhino can draw in the open without worrying about flinching under fire and losing the charge, or being dragged off by a Scorpion, or knocked down by an ancient. Rhino looses the arrow precisely when he intends to.

Bows reward precise aim with ludicrous critical headshot damage, and a Rhino player simply has less to worry about, and is thus calmer and steadier in making his aim count.

Here's a mechanics-based answer for you: a Rhino with Iron Skin up effectively negates a lot of the factors that make draw time a nuisance. For instance, Rhino can draw in the open without worrying about flinching under fire and losing the charge, or being dragged off by a Scorpion, or knocked down by an ancient. Rhino looses the arrow precisely when he intends to.

Bows reward precise aim with ludicrous critical headshot damage, and a Rhino player simply has less to worry about, and is thus calmer and steadier in making his aim count.

^This! Although I still can do the same thing with any warframe with  my bow, only the Rhino can take away the worrying part, I can take my time and aim.