Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #27

[DE]Rebecca

My questions are about weapons and lore. They are a bit long and they need some explaining. They may have been asked before but I never saw any answers and the wiki also doesn't have any, so I will ask them instead.

When I started playing Warframe, which was in U10 (with Mag Prime being on the loading screen) I faintly remember seeing the Boar on the market for a "last chance" sale and didn't see it since. At the time, I didn't care much for it because there was no way i could've gotten the credits with only a few hours left on the clock so I completely ignored it moved on. It came to my attention much later though that it indeed was removed, along with a few other weapons with seemingly no reason for them. 

However, in Boar's case, I find it confusing since while the original was obtainable once but has since been removed and only the Boar Prime stands as by itself. Sure, there are other stand-alone primes (Dakra, Reaper) but I don't see why you would remove the original, but keep the prime.

Ether daggers too. They are dual daggers, but currently the only dual daggers that players can get are Fang and its Prime. 

So why were the Boar and Ether daggers removed? Will they ever be available, and if so, when?

Then there's Snipetron. According to the wiki, it was removed due to being unfitting to the lore of the corpus with it shooting bullets instead of having the charge function like the Lanka, yet Railgun Moa's still exist with them shooting the exact same bullets as the Snipetron, only with them having to charge it first. Isn't this a sort of a contradiction? More on the lore subject in the next question. 

So, why remove it entirely and not recycle it? You could make a new model and effects for it, like you did with Torid. It is a solid gun.

The lore of Corpus. Apparently, like i just mentioned, Snipetron doesn't fit the lore of the Corpus because it shoots bullets rather than raw energy. Despite this, there's Braton. It supposedly is a Corpus designed rifle and we all know its a bullet-shooting rifle. Even more confusingly, there's Braton Prime, which is the Orokin enchanted version of it. Isn't this a flaw in the lore of the Corpus just by itself? 

A simple change to offical info can fix this, by stating that the Braton is a Tenno designed and built gun, hence the reason why its the rifle new players get.

Thanks.

Edited by maikkeli31

Any plans on having the stance mods acquirable besides RNG grinding them? Not only theyre a tedious work, but it doesnt make sense tennos would master their arts of blade by slapping on mods dropped by some random grineers and such after all. 

Would be cool to get them through achievment rewards kinda like it works on TF2

Hey DE Melee 2.0 is great, but i have 2 questions.

1. What is your plan to deal with the ever deadly rng that came with stances.

2. Will you ever add more combos to the current stances? I love my swirling tiger, because its is faster paced, but i feel like 1 combo isn't enough. would it be possible that weekly reinforcements could have new combos and stances instead of more weapons?

Ok so this isn't really a big deal but are there ever going to be any changes to the extraction mechanic? The whole tenno-mold thing and the way both grineer and corpus ships have special little doors just for you is a little strange.

What are the devs thoughts on implementing a marketplace (not an auction house, just somewhere to list stuff for sale/trade)?  Trading chat has consistently shown itself to be messy, slow, and has allowed people to easily rip off people who don't keep track of prices/fair trades.

An automated system where people could put something up for trade on a market place and list what they want for trade (whether it be mods, keys, or plat) would save people time, help the value of new mods/items to stabilize more quickly, and allow people to quickly get an idea of what they can get for something.

Edited by Aggh

ok i have two and a half Questions.

the First is, In this upcoming update will we get the "llama dogs" that are found in the Orokin lab? because i want one so bad.. and how will the "llama dogs" be given too you or made since they are alive, you can't really craft them... can you?

Second Question is, Will there ever be some kind of Quick dodging Mod or Frame or whatever that will let you "boost" to the left or right, and would it replace rolling or work with the rolling, because i find rolling a bit slow and not useful in most cases unless there is a Oxium Osprey charging at me.

My question is less a question, and more a suggestion, or maybe even a challenge.

Dear DE Devs. I challenge you all to start a new Warframe account, and play the game from the start, without using any Dev hacks to get Platinum, or Credits, or resources, or anything like that. Play it like a full Free to Play player will, not spending a dime on it. I want to see all of you experience everything that we go through as players. I just want to see all of your opinions on your game after you spend three full days grinding for a single stance that just won't drop for you. Or see how you feel after spending hours upon hours grinding the same boss for that last frame part you need. I just think that doing this would give you all perspective on the game, and would help you all figure out what needs improvement.

Added to this challenge is, you have to try and get most, if not all frames/weapons. You can't buy any Plat, so you'll have to try and trade for it in the Trading chat like others who don't spend money on the game.

signed I just think it'll help you guys a lot to figure out how to better make Warframe a more enjoyable game.

Zylo the Wolfbane

hello how about of some mark with the posibility to be universal with any other mark for more customization or some warframe with the capability of equip any ability of any warframe?

something like that if planned for update 14 o before?

sorry for mi bad english  :P

It has already been brought up before in this thread but I'll add my voice to it. 

I am an avid Valkyr user. She is amazing and unique. I saw the potential with her and decided to make her my second 

warframe last month. 

What is the plan for Valkyr's Hysteria?

I enjoyed the old version and hope that its current incarnation isn't the final product. She 

is very slow and laggy even though I'm getting a steady 60+ FPS. It appears as though a faster equipped melee weapon 

improves this a little. I am still experimenting to make this previously awesome ability not suck right now.

P.S. Thanks tor the voiceover Megan! It's awesome!

I keep imagining the guys at the office hiding an audio recorder near you when you're having a bad day. (possibly reading the forums)

* Idea for sentinel "wings": A pair of arms moving/trying to catch to look a bit weird. Personally I would buy if devs make it.

* Atm we just missing earth element frame, would be very interesting see a earth based frame ulting a earthshake.

Ask them why does the extraction ship's door close when it is in space (as opposed to closing before it detaches from the dock it is in, where there is air) if Warframes can't breathe in space? (I'm assuming they can't breath in space because when you break the glass in a mission, you take damage and have to close the blast doors on the windows)

Edited by Raphael7

Hello DE.

There are actually a number of questions I've been meaning to ask (chiefly the first):

1) WHEN WILL WE GET MORE TRADE OPTIONS? I always want to trade normal bp's or mat's to my friends to help them get started, but I can only trade mods, plat, and prime bp's! Wassup wit dat? Also, I bought some Oxium to build a Helios, but then decided I could just build one myself. I want to be able to sell off all of my Oxium! If this is too freeing for the players, and it's uneconomical, I understand.

2) Will we be seeing more information about exactly how Dark Sector is connected to Warframe? I mean, the ground finisher for the GLAIVE is called NEMESIS which is the name of the other Proto-frame in DS. We want more! We all do. It's cool to have a game shrouded in mystery, but it's even cooler when the devs help either clear or further shroud a game's backstory.