Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #27

[DE]Rebecca

Is there any possibility of a dodging-2.0?  The evasive maneuvers feel a bit stiff and slow, considering Tenno are space ninjas.  Is this an area that is being considered for an upgrade(like melee was) or is it "good 'nuff" as is?

Is there a reason the Nikana stance has 3 different combos, and Bleeding Willow (Rare polearm stance) has only 1?
I feel that the other weapons aren't as fun to use as a result of them having for the most part only 1 combo.
That is excluding the mash-E attack chain.
I love melee 2.0, thanks.

Hi!

Question, So far we have gotten 3 of the main elements: Water - Hydroid, Air - Zephyr, Fire - Ember, Now is there a pattern? are we going down this path?

Also, There has been debate (arguments a caused by me :D) that Rhino is Not/Is Earth, So. What frame or in the future, is there going to be a Warframe that Embodies Earth?

p.s. all we need is Heart and then we got ourselves a "Captain Tenno Frame" hahaha

p.p.s The new tesla gun is exactly what this game needs, adding in another "fun" factor :D

Edited by Undeademon

Given U13 and the new melee stuff given ALOT of atention I will avoid asking about that. But I do have some stuff to ask:

1: Melee has been updated and despite its flaws its better then it was, but what about guns?

There are alot of guns out there that are horrid and a few that EVERYONE use. I dun think

that is entierly intentional so is there any plans on overhauling guns and making ALL guns

more or less viable all through the game?

2: With the Turbo Turkey being added (Hek for those that wonder), Id like to ask if we will be

seeing more bosses added/changed to be multi stage battles rather then just: "enter room empty clip win"?

Cause thats honestly what most bosses feels like atm.

3: Infested urrg... any plans on giving these poor guys a ranged or flying unit?

4: And as everyone elese planning on fixing RNG? its getting silly with same 2-3 drops repeating

over and over again in the same Survival/Defend mission.

Is there any plan to buff the stats of prime warframes? My reasoning for this question is that apart from a few different or added polarities they're only just for looks. With enough forma you could make a normal warframe equal to or better than it's prime counterpart but you can't do that with weapons as prime weapons have better base stats. Would be nice to get extra armor or more shields or a bigger energy pool to go with the golden thingies, or maybe something a bit more radical like adding unique aditional effects to abilities when cast by prime warframes (more power, more range, more duration or maybe some extra utilitary effect). Also please make Nyx prime happen soon, she's the descendant (atleast visually) of the 1st warframe and she's amazing overall having arguably the best crowd controll abilities in the game.

1)

Will there be a simplification for changing the mod-loadout on the weapons? (choosing A/B/C through right-clicking on the weapons)

1.1)

Can you pls add a button (next to apply >> rename "apply" to "ok") in the armory, which will only apply the mod configuration and not leave the mod-config-dialog? (To be honest streamlining your menus and how they work should be a priority for you >> menus 2.0)

2)

Will the sentinel ever stop shooting inactive turrets? They are invulnerable, so why shoot them at all? (it's simply annoying and plain stupid because he ignores other targets this way)

3)

Will there be pure stealth missions? When will stealth 2.0 see the light of dawn?

Otherwise I like WF very much ... thx for this game.

When are you going to rework the horrible hosting system?

The current way hosting works isn't working. At all. This should be a priority, because when a multiplayergame does not get the most basic thing needed for multiplayer right, which is setting up connections between players then there is something wrong.

There must be an option to opt-out as a host, or better yet, a way to input your connection speed. My upstream for instance is 448kbit/s. My downstream is 2304kbit/s. Can I play the game? Yeah absolutely. Can I host. Not everything. An exterminate maybe, but something like defense, survival or mobile defense? No, I can't.

Do I have keys for T3 missions of that type, which I would happily share with others in "Recruiting".

But that would include trading the keys, and hoping that they will not just run away with them.

This is a terrible system.

But it isn't just keys. Going into those mission on the starmap isn't easy either. I don't want to ruin someone else experience by host, so here are the steps I have to do anytime I want to join a game:

Go to the planet

Go to the mission

Hope that it will put me into an open party

If the game will switch over to "Looking for other players" from "Searching Squad" press Esc twice to go back to the starmap

Repeat

If I don't do this, I will host the next instance. This is clunky and unnecessary.

There are short-term and long-term ways to make this way better. Short-term would be to choose the host in a premade squad and opt-out for public matches.

Long-term would be either bought slots on dedicated servers host by you with P2P as a fallback if no paid server slot is available in that squad or just some sort of dedicated server software which the player can setup himself and a way in the options menu to tell the client that whenever he should host, he should use this server instead.

Edit:

Oh btw -

The ping thing you added some time ago does not work. And it cannot work the way it does right now. If your network engineer wants to know why, I can write him a PM.

Edited by Varonth

what's up next on DE's plate?

can we expect to see "aura" type mods for primary/secondary weapons in the future?

how goes the tenno sword and board creation? 

are the generic ability mods in the works yet?

is there any chance that we can get a grineer research update like how infested and corpus got one? (like the napalm launcher and the hellion's wasp? rocket launcher) :D

Could we have more developers and/or employees interact with us on the forums and the subreddit? 

(Hopefully develop a thick [iron] skin before interacting with us; some of us are very outspoken)

It doesn't only have to be comments on balancing and fixes; comment on fluff posts and at least pretend to enjoy our company.

1. Can Clan Warlords:

- have a better way of tracking member activities

- have a system much like Warframes where each clan has a varied development stream as well as a mixing and matching these.

- example: clans choosing combat as a specialty gains a  +% to their attacks; clan choosing mercantilism gain more resources or discounts on purchases; clans who choose robotics gain better sentinels, etc.

- reward member contributions with badges and ranks visible on the frames.

2. Can we have a more robust chat system?

3. I want to know if there is an API we can access.

4. When can we REALLY trade well in the market - i.e. allow all weapons and items to trade limited for use by a better mastery rank system or such?

- and that each item history is permanently trackable.

5. Are the Grustrag 3 still alive?

6. Can all invites to a mission have a description of the mission type, faction, planet and level? I don't accept blind missions because I have to consider my loadout.

Thanks.

Edited by openfist

Can't wait for another devstream and any possible "spoilers" regarding their present developement phase. :P 

Also, here are my questions:

1) Can we expect more stances in the future for each weapon grip ? 

2) Will you consider adding new combo sequences like one or two for some stances i.e 1 more combo sequence for Shattering Storm?

3) It was talked by Geoff some time ago on one of the streams, he said we will get special attack animations after slide/jump/wall-attack that would help with swift melee action and continious combo sequences, will we get that like ever? 

4) FOR STEVE- Your latest post mentioned something about vs. mode in Solar Rail missions, do you plan on implementing pvp or pseudo-pvp to the game anytime soon? 

5) What is the next boss rework beside J3-Golem that we all now that is coming with Infested tileset? Nef Anyo? Maybe other Corpus boss? 

6) Have you ever planed on making something like Second Generation of Coprus leading NPCs like Darvo or Derf Anyo that would actually be strongly connected to the story, the Tenno and the hubs as interactional NPCs?

7) Any info on hubs developement stage? Maybe some info about lobby becoming our spaceship, have you decided on that feature yet? 

8) Ever thought on making Red Planet tileset on Mars? Like Ships Graveyard mixed faction Grineer/Corpus salvage ground after Gradivus Dilemma? 

9) What is the next tileset you plan on doing after Infested one? Have any concepts?

10) Is other wildlife coming together with Kubrows? Bird-like creature? 

11) Will we ever get MOA sentinels after Kubrows? 

Hey . i  loved  the  easter  pallet  color  gift  you offert    for us  the  newbees f2p.... are  you gonna  out  some  event  were  we can  unlock  primay  colors  (cyan, yellow ,magenta  etc..) would be  great to have  tis  on drops to unlock somehow . or  as  a  login rewars  1 color  at  the  time  for  example ,just  a thougth

sry  my  bad  english ..wish you  guys  the  best  for  your  good worck .

Just wanted to ask if you could integrate the movement or frame melee mods like maglev, aviator or handspring a bit more into the gameplay. there is really no use in equiping them in high level tiers, so if you could like add some movement slots in the frames, where these mods could fit in without making the whole loadout ineffective, while enhancing the tennos agility. Most people don't even bother trying them out, which is kind of saddening.

We are space ninjas after all.

Question 1:

When are we going to be seeing a cohesive narrative for the game? Something linking a story as to why Tenno attack each node (leading to the boss of that planet), and why they attack each planet.

Right now, there is really no aim or direction on this game's story other than a miniscule amount of incoherent lore and comments from Lotus or a boss, which is not a narrative.

Let me clarify that I do NOT mean tidbits of lore, which should be supplemental background to a game's main narrative.

*pokes shoulder* Look at the Steve quote I posted right above you. He talks a little about that in terms of the Dark Sectors.

Also are you that guy who was mentioning, "DE needs to work on the narrative before making lore," in a thread from before? Because double yes.

Rebecca question them on narrative, please please please.

Edited by SolidSp33d

i'm a ps4 player and i know you guys are hella busy getting this taken care of, i just wanted to say thanks for giving us a great game, i will say that as a melee player, i'm looking forward to U13, kinda upset about having to wait, but i understand your not gonna give us a sub par product, is there any update you can give us as to when we'll be getting our hands on it, personally i just wanna run around with my jat kittag and mash everything, thanks for your responce if i get one, i wont be able to watch the live stream as i will be at work but i will catch it as soon as its posted to youtube, 

thanks a million, 

LoneTenno