Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #27

[DE]Rebecca

Questions

1 - Can we be given a clear answer as to what The Lotus really is. Not Lotus herself, but The Lotus. Is it just one person/being or an organization of people/beings.

Many missions start off with her saying she's hiring us, and she speaks of 'we' when talking to us, so Tenno aren't apart of the 'we' so who are the 'we'?  Plus she mentions operatives. Then reinforcement, hold out til they come when we're in Surv or Def or even Mob Def.

Is this an error in script/lore or is The Lotus indeed a pro organization, with the Lotus we speak to being an 'operator' like 911 is an org but we speak to diff 911 operatives.

-Please feel free to tone down the length of my question (if you chose it  =D))

My question(s):

So with the introduction of Melee 2.0, stances, and a new host of melee animations, what kind of opportunities does this open for future additions to the game? Can we expect more stances and new melee weapons exhibiting them for future Tenno Reinforcements? What would this entail for the animation teams, and is this an exciting new avenue for them?

Thanks! Can't wait to see the next Devstream.

-FinnishHim

Started playing warframe not to long ago, i'd say i joined the community when you guys released update 12 and have been HOOKED on this game ever since. However I do have some issue and questions.

I've noticed sometimes during certain maps door ways can sometimes glitch out (This may be connectivity issues with the host), but because of this it's not possibe to finish the mission/alert. Even some of the items (resources/mods/credits) dropped get glitched and can not be picked up.

1.) Will you guys be fixing/updating this?

2.) Will there be new or different animations to compliment Melee 2.0 ?
(some of the melee combos for the weapons resemble one another, it would be nice to some new animation
maybe something along the lines of DMC ? (Devil May Cry)

Will we ever see a difficulty option/terminal (increased levels/ more leaders than normal, á la Diablo/Marvel Heroes)? I have seen this system work wonderfully in many games as endgame (especially with leader bosses with increased damage, health, and better rewards). Will this ever be considered as a possible endgame mechanic?

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

Any plans to trash, or at least improve the abysmal scanning system? Stopping to sloooowly scan things was never fun, gets in the way of game play, and it just gets worse with each addition of more stuff we're expected to scan far too many times to get their info in the Codex. Instead of scanning, could you just make it based off of kills? It wouldn't get in the way of game play, and a kill count could even be kinda fun to look at, even after we have enough for all the info.

Are there any plans to let us keep what we pick up during a mission, and just make the end reward a bonus? Especially after all those connection issues it really did show how much of a problem hinging almost all of our gains in a mission to a proper completion is.

Will we ever get to see what our skill mods, helmets, and such actually do in terms of real numbers, rather than a basic, or even vague description? The issue with Valkyr's Hysteria since U13 is a good example of the problem, as without actual info, we couldn't tell if it was a bug, or if you nerfed Hysteria into the ground. On that note, was Hysteria nerfed, or is it just a bug?

Edited by PhoenixShi

any corpus lore in the near future? I was thinking today that maybe derp anyo would try to proliferate his current standings with the corpus board, seeing as alad v kinda got the boot. lol

any lore for le stalker? who is he? who does he work for? why does he hunt you down, regardless of which faction boss you annihilated?

vor's prize? if I were captain Vor, I'd be tired of waiting for my prize...would the grineer eventually invade the void if he gets his hands on a key?

orokin as a faction? for or against the tenno?

and thanks for all the kewl stuff in recent times DE...too much to list so i'll just say thanks...

Are there any plans to work on helios to make the sentinel more viable?

at the moment he takes entirely to long to scan mobs. 

Every time we hear the little beep sound that should be a scan. helios takes 2 cycles to scan mobs, it should only take 1. 

ways to improve helios: speed up scans to be instant. 

set up codex to flag already completed scans to make sure it doesn't repeat scan objects/mobs that are already completed

Remove combat aspect from helios and make him a scan only sentinel

these three things would greatly improve helios and make it functional.

Biggest question I have is:  Do you guys plan on doing improvements to movement and locomotion? 

Many people I show the game to think it's gorgeous and original.  Then they see me wallrun and go flying uncontrollably across the room, float against a wall for a second or two, then fall to the ground in the most un-ninja-like way in history.  The reply is always: "What the hell was that?  This game needs a ton of work."

Unfair?  Maybe.  Critical?  Sure.  Correct?  Painfully so.

Thank you so much [DE] along with others to bring warframe to where it is now. I do hope we continue to prosper..

Q: What if we can stack fundamental abilities?  Like speed, strength, or power efficiency. We could probably stack those up to a particular point and save slots for mods we can use during a mission. With this, we'd probably wouldn't have to change/tweak the mastery rank level or anything of the sort.

[Dont read the lower half, if you feel it is unnecessary]

Add more slots, maybe? I know it sounds uncanny, but with bigger bosses and the need for newer players to step into the platform and not feel terrible for bringing down others. Its going to need some work under that field.

Farming is great, but with everyone depriving for the lore.. It's kind of going to lose our tenno's.. Much needed back-story with our plot.

I know we have mods for those abilities (Speed, strength, power) But why dont we use those as a boost for other needed tasks?

EMOTES XD P-pretty pls?

THANKS A LOTUS`! <-  *Stalker see's this* : Your actions have consequences...     

Edited by Kiyochu

Will event mods such as the ones from Cicero Crisis and Tethras Doom be added to the drop tables?

Any plans on changing primary weapon mods like Flechette and Razor Shot to give bonuses equal to those mods like Heavy Impact? (currently their max bonus is 30%, which makes them almost pointless to add to a weapon due to their high mod cost.

Any plans on changing Shocking Touch and North Wind to give them the same percent bonus elemental damage as Molten Impact and Fever Strike?

Thoughts on adding flat-bonus mods? Steel Fiber amd Redirection work wonders, but only to those frames that have a high innate value. A max-rank Steel Fiber is a million times more effective on a Valkyr or Rhino than, say, Nova or Nyx.

Trinity Prime? :)

Edited by Neophite108

Update 13 and the melee system is a nice change for some weapons in Warframe but what about new players who jump in the game and only have the basic attacks for their Skana? A choice for a starter pack would be great, choose a weapon type, a stance to go with it. The same would be great for a starter rifle / shotgun since some of them aren't worth touching later on unless you want mastery points.

Another question: Some of the stances are fun with fury / berserker but with the way the input is recognized at entry, it makes it really hard to do a second combo rather than the initial E, E, E, E. The same issue happens at times with combos like  E, E, E, E  vs  E, forward+E, E; the second is prioritized if you're moving forward. Will this stay the same or be looked at in the future?

Do you think that having to stance grind makes melee 2.0 unappealing to newcomers and long-term players? Have you come up with any ways to improve this? Will there be any more stance mods? Will there ever be a Buff on frames abilities that arent getting quite so much love? Any news on Valkyr in melee 2.0? Awkward animations are awkward, what about Ash? His combo meter increases with the ultimate, will the damage be amped as well? 

Edited by Demon093

DERebecca I have to apologise in case I disapoint yet the Warframe community has not yet seen what we may call God like and Epic Warframes and Bosses.It is important to notice that none of the enemies so far can be seen as difficult for Veteran players.

IMPORTANT:Before any game add on  create strong enough enemies otherwise the low difficulty will not provide the anticipated results.

Notice:Human Character creation and customisation deserves at least a Warframe community poll.