Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop With The Clantech Weapons

YourLocustBuddy

Could you guys just stop releasing everything as clantech? That'd be really freakin' great if you guys could do that.

I'm seriously starting to get tired of waiting an extra week just to get the weapons. At this point, why not just move the content updates to Saturday if you're going to make us wait those extra days? Oh right 'cause then we'd have to wait three more days after that. I've been absolutely infuriated by this every single time it happens, which is all the time. I don't even remember what the last weapon was that was released that wasn't clantech. It's getting to the point where this is so frustrating that I don't even want to play anymore. I mean, who is going to be happy about having to donate 10k plastids, 10k polymer bundles, 20k nanospores, 500 fieldron samples, and 225k credits singlehandedly just so that they can have the weapon half a week from now? I want individual blueprints from the market. I'm tired of paying the research fee for my entire clan just so I can get the weapon half a week later. Hopefully the new Wolfenstein won't make me wait three and a half days every time I want to try out a new weapon. Seriously losing faith in you guys. 

People complain DE does nothing for clantech.

People complain DE is making recent stuff clantech.

People are complaining about EVERY new weapon being clantech. 

We don't need every single weapon to be Clantech. Only the best ones ought to be clantech, if you ask me. 

People complain DE does nothing for clantech.

People complain DE is making recent stuff clantech.

I want to know who those people are complaining DE does nothing for clantech. Everything is turning clantech at this point. I've never wanted anything to be clantech. The only reason I joined a clan was to get the clantech weapons without having to build an entire dojo on my own.  

If you don't have all that (minus the creds) lying in your inventory, you probably haven't been playing long enough.

I have about four times all of that in my inventory, and over 3 mil in credits. Point is, I'm tired of covering these massive costs and having to wait half a week. 

I want to know who those people are complaining DE does nothing for clantech. Everything is turning clantech at this point. I've never wanted anything to be clantech. The only reason I joined a clan was to get the clantech weapons without having to build an entire dojo on my own.  

People were complaining before DE went on this crusade of clantech.

We don't need every single weapon to be Clantech. Only the best ones ought to be clantech, if you ask me. 

Around U11/Last fall, people were begging DE for more clantech. It was a daily thread.

So, DE decided to give them what they wanted.

Edit: Now, people, like Bob said, are begging DE for market BPs. MAKE UP YOUR MIND COMMUNITY!

Edited by OptimumBow0

Around U11/Last fall, people were begging DE for more clantech. It was a daily thread.

So, DE decided to give them what they wanted.

Edit: Now, people, like Bob said, are begging DE for market BPs. MAKE UP YOUR MIND COMMUNITY!

The problem isn't that they're releasing clantech or Market BP's, it's that they ignore one for the other. This isn't healthy. Last update (13.0.0) was okay because at least Hydroid wasn't Clan Tech. But for the most part, for the last dozen or more updates, every single weapon has either been a huge RNG grind (Void, Detron, Brakk) or Clan Tech, which means a guaranteed 3-4 day wait. Where does that leave us? It leaves people who have everything simply buying the research out and then logging off while it cooks, then logging in again to buy the BP, then logging out to let it cook. It benefits no one. I've been there I AM there. 

Releasing mostly Market blueprints and a few Clan Techs everynow and then is what SHOULD be happening. NOT this. 

I don't care that DE is making newer stuff clantech. I care that DE is making clantech available in the market.

Either put the blueprint and finished product on the market or put it all in clantech.

Edited by NuLycan

I don't mind clan tech weapons. I can wait. We should have benefits to being in a clan. My clan is wealthy enough to put it together in short order ($#!@ oxium!).

What I do mind:

How much of DE's resources are being used to make these new weapons vs. how those resources can be deployed to make balance changes and/or work on end game content?

We have plenty of toys to play with. Let's see the (player proposed) Europa Tileset or the Typhus Frame or Stealth 2.0 or the New Faction!

Edited by Schwood

This was before everything went clantech, when we only had two weapons for chem and bio and Energy had just about everything. People wanted more of a reason to join a clan and get a dojo. Now you have one. You have many reasons. You want some of the coolest weapons? Go join a clan and research them.

I agree wholeheartedly with the people who complain that weapons like Dual Cestra, Akstiletto, and Grin/Marelok are clantech, since they only offer silly big numbers but nothing new in terms of mechanics.

But this week's weapon has completely new mechanics, true to the "Season 1" clantech weapons. Clantech is exactly where it belongs, and I'm perfectly fine with it not being in the marketplace.