Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Gun Idea!

-MrCoffee-

So Lanka?

The Lanka is not a railgun

Thank you for sharing my thread which also explains why my weapon is not a railgun.  Also to the OP, please read my thread.

Maybe hitscan Lanka that leaves a trail. LIke a gauss gun from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I'm guessing.

Again, the Lanka is not a railgun. It's a gauss rifle AKA a coil gun.  Which is different functionally from a railgun, they use two different methods of propulsion.  It's as big a difference as a crossbow to a rifle. 

Edited by Evariskitsune

The Lanka is not a railgun

Thank you for sharing my thread which also explains why my weapon is not a railgun.  Also to the OP, please read my thread.

Again, the Lanka is not a railgun. It's a gauss rifle AKA a coil gun.  Which is different functionally from a railgun, they use two different methods of propulsion.  It's as big a difference as a crossbow to a rifle. 

That may be true but how is it functionally (within the game) different? Since the propulsion method is in actuality non existent you know numbers and whatnot. 

Edited by NevanChambers

That may be true but how is it functionally (within the game) different? Since the propulsion method is in actuality non existent you know numbers and whatnot. 

A railgun fires a hypersonic solid projectile leaving superheated gasses in it's wake, thus it leaves a trail behind it and should result in a slightly slower (but still hypersonic) compression wave of air hitting just behind the penetrating projectile, resulting in an explosion-like affect to what is hit.  Also due to it's speed, it would be extremely loud.  Given it's speed (Mach 10+ optimal) , in all practicality it should be hitscan.

The lanka fires a subsonic plasma-based projectile that is silent that does not have the above abilities.  It does not deal puncture, heat, or blast damage.  It's also not hitscan thanks to it's subsonic nature.

Edited by Evariskitsune

My thought of the Railgun design should revolve around how Railgun MOAs normally do:

They charge a certain amount of time to fire a hit-scan bullet that leaves a (virtually harmless) laser trail behind while piercing a long line of enemies and/or obstacles.

Follow this baseline and this idea is probably the one of the oldest ones.

Edited by Freelancer27

My thought of the Railgun design should revolve around how Railgun MOAs normally do:

They charge a certain amount of time to fire a hit-scan bullet that leaves a (virtually harmless) laser trail behind while piercing a long line of enemies and/or obstacles.

Follow this baseline and this idea is probably the one of the oldest ones.

Well, why not take a look at my concept thread then?  https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/208845-railgun-weapon-concept/