Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finally Trinity's Blessing Is Being Looked At!

CatScratch

I've been waiting months for a day DE will say they are looking into her ultimate, finally. Extremely happy about this. 

I love Trinity to death and can't wait for her to loose the horrible unimaginative blessing skill that ruined Warframe. 

Can't wait for the day when I will finally not be ashamed to equip her ultimate, use it and not trivialize the everyone's game experience. 

Thank you DE!!!

DE, what the heck are you doing?  Nerf her DE and you kill Trinity as Blessing was the only reason to use her.  The game is nothing but grinding.  At least my clan had fun going for 35 minutes or more in T3 survival and NOT getting anything worthwhile except xp for weapons / frames on most runs.

For those that want to run the ultimate challenge, let them do so.  No one MAKES them uses Trinity or any other frame, including Nova.  You kill Trinity or Nova, you're working toward the direction of killing your average player population base.  You know, the majority of players that don't have a lot of time to invest in the game.   Team work is still required in missions as no matter how much players whine about Trinity and Nova. I still see both go down in every mission.  It's the team work together than keeps it all going.

Unless there is more than one trinity on the team, in which case there is no window for the team to become vulnerable if they coordinate themselves correctly. Let me make clear that I am still opposed to a major Trinity nerf - but the ability for multiple Trinitys to keep a team invincible indefinitely IS something I want DE to address.

The thing is

The window is VERY small and noone wants to acknowledge it

Also even if you get KDd just before it ends and you die it wont matter much unless you were the trinity

And that can simply be prevented with linking or not staying right in enemies faces or in dangerously overcrowded areas

As a trinity i have never had any issue keeping my entire team invincible with no chance of death

Its simply too small a chance to realistically factor as a disadvantage

The name Blessing is a blessing to have.

of  invulernability .....

take taht  away and wut do you have?o.O

might as well  re make trinity and  turn her into a sorcereress 

intead of blessing.

call it a curse.

DE, what the heck are you doing?  Nerf her DE and you kill Trinity as Blessing was the only reason to use her.  The game is nothing but grinding.  At least my clan had fun going for 35 minutes or more in T3 survival and NOT getting anything worthwhile except xp for weapons / frames on most runs.

For those that want to run the ultimate challenge, let them do so.  No one MAKES them uses Trinity or any other frame, including Nova.  You kill Trinity or Nova, you're working toward the direction of killing your average player population base.  You know, the majority of players that don't have a lot of time to invest in the game.   Team work is still required in missions as no matter how much players whine about Trinity and Nova. I still see both go down in every mission.  It's the team work together than keeps it all going.

So my team that easily got to 60 minutes in T3 survival with nothing but a Mag prime (Me), two rhinos, and a Nekros clearly doesn't work when you act as a team.  

You don't need trinity if you're already acting as a team in-game.  All she does is makes it easier ; and in my opinion trivial since that invulnerability takes away the need for cover in between bursts of fire, or when you're reloading.  

The name Blessing is a blessing to have.

of  invulernability .....

take taht  away and wut do you have?o.O

might as well  re make trinity and  turn her into a sorcereress 

intead of blessing.

call it a curse.

Or you could make blessing into a healing ability and you know, turn her into a healer like she is?

Edited by Evariskitsune

Trinity's blessing can only be up non-stop with 2 Trinitys in the squad. It doesn't need to be nerfed at all. The minor time in between casting is enough to level the playing field for how squishy she is.

With link shes easily one of the tankiest frames and avoiding damage long enough to cast is no issue at all

Loki too.

Players who use Trinity for evil right now won't simply stop just because she gets changed, they'll just move onto the new FotM.

And after Molecular Prime gets nerfed, people are going to rant about other frames. I'm glad somebody else on these forums gets that concept. I'm not saying that some things don't need to change, however.

Blessing has a casting time, all that's needed for so called "balance" is a cooldown timer for blessing of maybe 3 seconds. The perma bless build leaves her incredibly fragile and one-shot-able. Also there are times when blessing IS necessary as sometimes things are just to damn hard to do even when doing your best to coordinate with teammates in a T3 survival or defense. If you have an issue with bless you might as well take issue with iron skin and stomp among many other abilities but for now let's make stomp the example. Stomp is beyond over powered in many cases and leaves a lot of people pissed off because the corpses/bodies linger in the air for ages, not to mention makes killing them as simple as stand there for 10 seconds and shoot. Why focus solely on something that's already got a long enough casting time as it is to allow the frame to be dispatched? I defer to the idea of a CD (cooldown) timer if you think trinity casts bless to quickly. 

Also, for as many players have said trinity is "cheap" to me, just as many if not more have asked why I don't perma-bless on higher level missions past a certain time to help. Trinity isn't fast, she isn't sturdily made or well armored, she's just eh, and if you nerf her then there'll be nothing keeping anyone playing her and she'll join Ash and Saryn as an unplayable until buffed frame. She'll be a piece of paper that can occasionally heal the team and deflect a meager amount of damage. 

If blessing gets nerfed, I will be very disappointed. When enemies get to a high enough level to 1-shot you just by sneezing, I would like to have a blessing trinity. It makes for an easier survival as opposed to any alternatives. Just my opinion, but it is a necessity for longer survivals. I mean, the alternatives would be having a loki spam radial disarm and a vauban with Bastille or excalibro with radial blind.

NOOOOO YOU **** DONT NERF BLESSING, DONT NERF BUT BOOST GUYS! IF A ABILITY'S TOO WEAK, IMPROVE IT, DONT NERF!

You are the reason those of us who don't want to see Blessing completely annihilated all look like whiners that have nothing constructive to put forth.

If you are in a position where you NEED invulnerability to survive at all, then you might have to accept that you are in over your head instead of relying on a skill available on one frame. Due to this perceived brokenness, 60+ survivals that are ordinarily not feasible become the order of the day as "end-game", in a game that is still being pushed to a release state.

If you can't handle being in a 60 minute survival mode without invulnerability, then perhaps its time to brush up on the tactics you are using. God mode invalidates the challenge, it doesn't make it better.. you are simply swapping ammo with enemies that are tuned to a degree that the normal game system is not set up for.. and you wonder why DE is looking at it? Same can be said for a lot of the frames, but the biggest stand-out is Trinity.

I am not saying completely eliminate it, but give it a form of radius, instead of "hits you wherever you are on a map". If people are min/maxing specifically for God mode, maybe they can still have their cake and eat it too, just now the team actually has to stay close to the provider of said buff. Perhaps rework the skills to reflect her healer/support role instead of never-die mode.. never played a game that relied on invulnerability to achieve a goal, can't see this one being the first.

However, I think the most glaring issue is tying in Link with Blessing and an explosive weapon to obliterate enemies while taking no damage. I understand how both abilities work, but it makes no sense to me that while you are invulnerable (Blessing), somehow blowing yourself up with a weapon while Link is active, causes damage to be handed out.. when the 'caster' cannot take damage for the duration of the blessing. To me, this is absolutely a deal breaker (never mind the crazed bundle of pain that Nova's ultimate is, let alone other examples), as it is a total backwards thing.. take damage to redirect it.. but not take damage, so blow yourself up to your hearts content, and your 0 taken damage will be redirected to everyone else, not counting the blast damage that is caused anyway.

My 2 credits worth. I'm sure it will be ignored, flamed or outright dismissed, but hey, all I am trying to do is provide an alternate viewpoint of things.

Only bit I don't like about Trinity is how she can perma-invul the team with proper mods, with no range restriction or need for LoS without even using a forma. Ok, the no-forma bit doesn't matter. Just a point of irony to me.

Anyway, this also seems to be the popular opinion. That said, I could care less if she alone stayed invulnerable, or if she could only maintain permanent invulnerability to one player (herself OR another player). I honestly play Warframe to play Warframe. Doesn't matter one bit to me that people can stay invulnerable or clear rooms with powers. I'll do my thing and have fun with it. It's not my place to tell other people how to play the game or how to have fun. Neither is it anyone else's. It does kinda suck though when another player dictates how I play though. Which is kinda what Trinity's blessing spam does. It imposes easy mode to everyone. And that's all I have against it. No other power in this game does this to such extent. The rest is fine, save for the powers that need buffs. Sure, people will argue that Bastille and several CC oriented powers are just as bad, but they have limited range, duration and effectiveness. Which Blessing doesn't. Some will shine in situations, Blessing will always be god-mode as is.

Blessing has a casting time, all that's needed for so called "balance" is a cooldown timer for blessing of maybe 3 seconds. The perma bless build leaves her incredibly fragile and one-shot-able. Also there are times when blessing IS necessary as sometimes things are just to damn hard to do even when doing your best to coordinate with teammates in a T3 survival or defense. If you have an issue with bless you might as well take issue with iron skin and stomp among many other abilities but for now let's make stomp the example. Stomp is beyond over powered in many cases and leaves a lot of people &!$$ed off because the corpses/bodies linger in the air for ages, not to mention makes killing them as simple as stand there for 10 seconds and shoot. Why focus solely on something that's already got a long enough casting time as it is to allow the frame to be dispatched? I defer to the idea of a CD (cooldown) timer if you think trinity casts bless to quickly. 

Also, for as many players have said trinity is "cheap" to me, just as many if not more have asked why I don't perma-bless on higher level missions past a certain time to help. Trinity isn't fast, she isn't sturdily made or well armored, she's just eh, and if you nerf her then there'll be nothing keeping anyone playing her and she'll join Ash and Saryn as an unplayable until buffed frame. She'll be a piece of paper that can occasionally heal the team and deflect a meager amount of damage. 

Casting time alone doesnt compare to the "balance" of most other frame powers

Only bit I don't like about Trinity is how she can perma-invul the team with proper mods, with no range restriction or need for LoS without even using a forma. Ok, the no-forma bit doesn't matter. Just a point of irony to me.

Anyway, this also seems to be the popular opinion. That said, I could care less if she alone stayed invulnerable, or if she could only maintain permanent invulnerability to one player (herself OR another player). I honestly play Warframe to play Warframe. Doesn't matter one bit to me that people can stay invulnerable or clear rooms with powers. I'll do my thing and have fun with it. It's not my place to tell other people how to play the game or how to have fun. Neither is it anyone else's. It does kinda suck though when another player dictates how I play though. Which is kinda what Trinity's blessing spam does. It imposes easy mode to everyone. And that's all I have against it. No other power in this game does this to such extent. The rest is fine, save for the powers that need buffs. Sure, people will argue that Bastille and several CC oriented powers are just as bad, but they have limited range, duration and effectiveness. Which Blessing doesn't. Some will shine in situations, Blessing will always be god-mode as is.

Its improbable that everyone will be happy and want to play the same game the same way

I like trinity because shes a healer and i love to heal

I dont like abusive game mechanics so my options are dont use her 4 or be a mediocre healer

To be honest i dont much care for anyones opinion on anything if it isnt for the good of the game

Lol, I see people complaining about the game being too easy. 

Then when you say you will remove the ability to be perma-invulnerable, they complain again.

Edit : You should realize that nerfing absolute protections brings us the end game we are waiting for. 

Now, reaching high waves will become truely difficult. 

AND IT'S A GOOD THING. 

Edited by DeadScream

because permanent invulnerability via corrupted mods = kills the challenge.

Let's see how you go through an endless survival or defense missions agains lvl 600 enemies without ONLY 28 seconds of invincibility... (That's about what lasts)...

Let's see how you go through an endless survival or defense missions agains lvl 600 enemies without ONLY 28 seconds of invincibility... (That's about what lasts)...

Have you considered maybe that you're not supposed to get that far?  You know, the whole "endless" bit with "endless scaling?"  Does not mean that we should be able to fight indefinitely. 

Doing anything to Trinity ult, means they need to balance the WHOLE game, cuz right now Trinity = Endgame farm.

Wanna hold a survival for more than 20 minutes?

No problem, let me take my mag prime, two random people, and a nekros and we're good to 60-90. 

Have you considered maybe that you're not supposed to get that far?  You know, the whole "endless" bit with "endless scaling?"  Does not mean that we should be able to fight indefinitely. 

Why we shouldn't?. If you do the hard work of put 5 or 6 forma in every single thing that you take to that mission?

Why we shouldn't?. If you do the hard work of put 5 or 6 forma in every single thing that you take to that mission?

my point is you should only get as far as you can under your own skill and through your work with your weapon loadout; not through the use of invulnerability.