Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty Unfriendly To Solo Players

oceanblocker

Admittedly, I haven't played this game long. I don't grasp a lot of the things y'all more experienced players do. I got like 20+ hours on it at most. I like to play at my leisure. I do not like playing with other players. They often do not share my stealthy approach to the gameplay. They also, more often than not, make the game so unchallenging that I feel the need to keep myself in solo. However, it has become increasingly obvious that this is impossible. The unbelievably resilient bastards show up in drove like the Chinese army, overwhelming me by sheer number. They make it impossible to move forward without getting caught. When I do get caught, they spawn everywhere. They come from behind me (which I distinctly remember clearing), They come from other rooms, they come from the vents. Hell, I looked away for a second and immediately upon returning to the scene a fresh group of troops had literally spawned in the room I entered. I loved the game I got into but this isn't fun. It's as if I'm playing Dark Souls without any satisfactory outcomes at all.

My sheer anger at this ludicrous spawn rate would have likely lead to a drinking problem in lesser men. Please don't give lesser men drinking problems.

IIRC, in the latest devstream they said that they've focused too much on the end-game that they haven't looked at solo and new player games for a while, and that it's definitely something they'll look at.

Eventually?

I would guess that we would get some of it in the next major update, they'll look at feedback, and then adjust the changes they released and the changes they had planned on releasing later/were still working on.

Edited by Sasquatch180

Admittedly, I haven't played this game long. I don't grasp a lot of the things y'all more experienced players do. I got like 20+ hours on it at most. I like to play at my leisure. I do not like playing with other players. They often do not share my stealthy approach to the gameplay. They also, more often than not, make the game so unchallenging that I feel the need to keep myself in solo. However, it has become increasingly obvious that this is impossible. The unbelievably resilient bastards show up in drove like the Chinese army, overwhelming me by sheer number. They make it impossible to move forward without getting caught. When I do get caught, they spawn everywhere. They come from behind me (which I distinctly remember clearing), They come from other rooms, they come from the vents. Hell, I looked away for a second and immediately upon returning to the scene a fresh group of troops had literally spawned in the room I entered. I loved the game I got into but this isn't fun. It's as if I'm playing Dark Souls without any satisfactory outcomes at all.

My sheer anger at this ludicrous spawn rate would have likely lead to a drinking problem in lesser men. Please don't give lesser men drinking problems.

I half agree with this. There have been situations in which soloing was very difficult, but that also falls back to my playing of the situation incorrectly. With Warframe, each frame has its own individual purposes. If you are trying to solo in a stealthy approach and using anything other than Loki, Ash or Banshee, then your problem is right there. Loki has fantastic survivability with invisibility and radial disarm making you very hard to spot, and then even harder to kill should you yank their guns away. Ash is fairly stealthy with his smoke screen, but in the heat of battle he has a decent health pool and an ultimate that renders him invulnerable while killing just about every enemy a normal mission will provide. Banshee can quiet her movement and weapons to fight freely as long as she stays semi-concealed without the risk of drawing in additional aggro, and her ultimate provides great crowd control for those situations where you get overwhelmed. All other frames are about moving in and quickly dropping as many enemies as possible before they have the chance to overwhelm you. 

If you plan to continue playing solo with a stealth approach, I strongly recommend grabbing a Shade sentinel to assist you in being undetectable along with the weapon sound mods from the Void so that they are silent. Never do I recommend running Defense or Mobile Defense missions solo as you'll scatter yourself too thin to protect the objective, and Survival can be tough alone but still doable. Make sure you are synergizing your weapons with your frame, such as no heavy machine gun with a stealth frame. Don't let the difficulty get you down, and don't be afraid to reach out to players that you find of similar mastery rank so that you can learn and grow together. Every enemy in this game can be easily mastered with the right amount of patience and tactics. Unfortunately you'll have some Mastery 8+ players who want to join the earlier missions and Rambo all enemies instead of staying with their group of friends or running solo. Ask them politely to run cleanup duty so you can improve, and if they don't oblige then move on to a different match. 

This game is not for soloers, but as the game offers the option and randoms can be annoying, I agree. I would actually prefer to solo when my friends are not online instead of playing with randoms, where I may find bad hosts, AFKers and other annoyances.

Maybe decrease enemy strength a bit when in solo (not just alone, like on private or online, but actual solo), or create an alternative means of revival that can only be used in solo, like the current four daily revives. Maybe as something you can craft.

If stealth ever becomes a viable way of playing the game, this may be ideal for solo, and could be quite fun.

The biggest problem with playing alone is that the enemy spawns are crazy. As you say, they spawn behind you, constantly. It feels like they start spawning in the previous room as soon as you run into the next fight. Stealth isn't realistically viable unless you have late-game mods and weapons; if enemies don't die from back stabs there really isn't much you can do if you aren't a perma-invisible Loki. You will get caught, and when you do you will get attacked from all sides, so cover isn't an option. Even if you cleared out the previous rooms they will spawn from there, and in great numbers.

Maybe decrease enemy strength a bit when in solo (not just alone, like on private or online, but actual solo), or create an alternative means of revival that can only be used in solo, like the current four daily revives. Maybe as something you can craft.

I think enemy strength can stay the same.. its numbers thats the problem. 

I can handle 3-4 high level enemies at a time, but I regularly encounter 10+ in a small area and have to spend most of my time hiding in a corner and slowly ticking away at their health. If they decide to rush, its pretty much game over then and there.

Secondly, this is only so in Extermination, where there is a limited amount of enemies. Outside of that, what tends to happen is, I painstakingly clear a room, move on to the next, some guy tanks all my bullets and makes it to the console. and now suddenly enemies are coming from everywhere, including rooms I cleared already.

Its even worse with Corpus, since their closets randomly churn out MOAs if area is in alert

Edited by XRAY0128