Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Conflicts End Too Fast

CarrotSalad

Was looking forward to this weekend to finally have a peak at the tenno spectres. Then on Saturday after 10 minutes of logging in saw a message that all the conflicted nodes we're won or lost. There were no invasions on the starchart either.

Then today i checked again and saw no nodes under conflict once again.... :(

Then just now i saw 1 under conflict so jumped in while it was at 29% then when i finished the mission the star had hit 0% already.. what the?

So disappointed... hope they increase the time the star is under conflict for the next patch...

Edited by CarrotSalad

Due to the new changes, some conflicts don't happen at the same time now, hence they'd end faster.

New katana stance + above made the conflict ends much faster because of the hype.

Also since said conflicts are Eclipse's, it's pretty one sided due to the battle pay, so the conflicts are resolved even faster.

Hopefully the next batch of conflicts will be around for longer.

Edited by TsukiSui

yea.. i logged in 3 times (2-4 hours apart on saturday) and twice today (8 hours ago and 1 hour ago)

I searched the entire starchart from venus to pluto and didnt see 1 under conflict. :(

Is there an official feedback thread for dark sectors? If so can anyone be so kind to link me?

Once a Dark Sector has been defended or taken over there is not conflict for 48 hours. The clan/alliance that has control of it is allowed control of it for 48 hours.

If all the Dark Sectors have just gotten out of Conflict you wont see another one for 48 hours.

I love watching the thread titles make a one 180.

>Too much Conflict!

>Too little Conflict!

The main problem right now, Carrot, is the conflicts aren't vary staggered yet. Most of them end at around the same time and the gaps are only being made pretty slowly.

Mmm no. The conflicts have perfect duration and number of tikets.

The problem is they introduced a stance (Decisive Judgement ) that is direct competitor a stance thats very hard to get ( Tranquil Cleve ). So players are burning the rail conflicts in mass. 

Soon it will be back to the old boring - 12 more hours till we can farm DS.

They need to make them 24 hrs to account for all possible timezones.

Yup.

My opinion:

Only 50% of the available zones should be under conflict at any one time and the conflict, ideally, should last for not less than 24 hours.

Battlepay should ideally be set at the start of the conflict and not be able to be changed.

If that Alliance goes into a negative balance paying it, Lotus would have to be willing to pay it and the Alliance would have a new fee to pay tacked on while still having to earn themselves back into a positive balance.

If their coffers are still negative with the next conflict they can't offer a Battlepay at all.

Go too much into negative balances or spend to much time there and the rail either goes into receivership (Lotus temporarily owns the rail) or Another Alliance or clan can pay the difference and take the rail.

Yup.

My opinion:

Only 50% of the available zones should be under conflict at any one time and the conflict, ideally, should last for not less than 24 hours.

Battlepay should ideally be set at the start of the conflict and not be able to be changed.

If that Alliance goes into a negative balance paying it, Lotus would have to be willing to pay it and the Alliance would have a new fee to pay tacked on while still having to earn themselves back into a positive balance.

If their coffers are still negative with the next conflict they can't offer a Battlepay at all.

Go too much into negative balances or spend to much time there and the rail either goes into receivership (Lotus temporarily owns the rail) or Another Alliance or clan can pay the difference and take the rail.

That doesn't work for S#&$, that means he who offers battlepay first is he who loses.

They need to make them 24 hrs to account for all possible timezones.

Yes! I posted that even in the anticipation thread/announcement thread.

Around 24h is enough- it doesn't bother the players and gives them the possibility to actually play them!

Why would you force a conflict to last at least ?? hours ?

Because the benefits outweigh the deficits.

1. It allows all regions an equal chance at each of the Sectors.

2. It creates predictable time frames for each Rail's conflict period.

3. Longer engagements will help even the playing field between incumbent owners and challengers, and by doing so, increase ownership turnover. It gives both parties time to see possible defeat and rally other players, clans, or alliances to their cause.... Or have those same players turn on them.

That's an excellent catalyst for drama in itself.