Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Passive Bonuses Introduced In The Last Patch: Way Too Overpowered

Aerensiniac

At first i thought that this change was a good thing, but now i find myself just rushing through levels without enemies to have the slightest damn chance of killing me or even depleting my shields.

I find that there is no need at all for these passive bonuses since they ease the game to the point where health/shield modding becomes near obsolete and with that the game play value drops to near zero, since you are facing off against no challenge opponents whatsoever.

tl;dr i think that this system should be passed onto sentinels and/or GREATLY reduced.

Honestly? We needed another thread about this? You couldn't have posted your opinion/feedback in one of the many other threads on the same subject created already?

Here are two on the first page alone:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/21425-health-and-hp-needs-balancing-after-the-last-hotfix/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/21928-tripple-hp-not-tripple-the-fun/

Edited by f3llyn

It's only that overpowered depending on what Frame you use, with Banshee having a lv20 ranking, it's not that good because she's suppose to have a weakened shield and health compaired to other frames... same thing with Loki. I think Rhino is technically now the only frame that can go through a mission without having to worry about shields or health even in Pluto lol

His Armor progressively gets better and so does his health and shield... put a mod on that increases all of those and there you go. A indestructable Frame.

> Plays level 30 Warframe with maxed mods on low level planets

> Complains abouts game being too easy.

Pretty much +1 to this.

I run with a non-supercharged Rank 30 Excalibur with some decent mods (+100% Vit, +120% Shield) and I still get turned into mincemeat if I don't play it smart, even on Rank 5-15 planets, if anything I'd say that it really hasn't changed the gameplay that much besides throwing a few more numbers into the equasion.

Srly. First they cried for passive buffs and now they whine because they got them. There is no chance to please everyone. You will have to live with it....

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, those who have no issues with these type of things, do not voice their opinion about it?

I didnt have the slightest damn problem with the previous unbuffed system, so please do not imply that i asked for something and once got it, then wanted the opposite.

Also, thank you very much, i would like to live with it. The unbuffed version that does not make me a derailed train of unstoppable doom.

> Plays level 30 Warframe with maxed mods on low level planets

> Complains abouts game being too easy.

1. Mods are not maxed other than decoy and disarm

2. Playing high level planets

Also:

>Implies that the point of the game is to stay unmodded/unleveled

Good job mate

Pretty much +1 to this.

I run with a non-supercharged Rank 30 Excalibur with some decent mods (+100% Vit, +120% Shield) and I still get turned into mincemeat if I don't play it smart, even on Rank 5-15 planets, if anything I'd say that it really hasn't changed the gameplay that much besides throwing a few more numbers into the equasion.

I run a non-supercharged rank 30 loki with only a +200% shield mod on defense and i dont get turned to mincemeat anywhere, whether i play it smart, rushing or whatever. Not on level 5 planets, not on level 25 planets.

The only way to die is if you stand in the middle of a crossfire on purpose.

Edited by Aerensiniac

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, those who have no issues with these type of things, do not voice their opinion about it?

I didnt have the slightest damn problem with the previous unbuffed system, so please do not imply that i asked for something and once got it, then wanted the opposite.

Also, thank you very much, i would like to live with it. The unbuffed version that does not make me a derailed train of unstoppable doom.

1. Mods are not maxed other than decoy and disarm

2. Playing high level planets

Also:

>Implies that the point of the game is to stay unmodded/unleveled

Good job mate

I run a non-supercharged rank 30 loki with only a +200% shield mod on defense and i dont get turned to mincemeat anywhere, whether i play it smart, rushing or whatever. Not on level 5 planets, not on level 25 planets.

The only way to die is if you stand in the middle of a crossfire on purpose.

See, youre using Loki and you know what youre doing with it and how to use it properly, not to stay in the middle of a crossfire. But did you ever think that warframes likes Excalibur and others that needs to get close just to be useful and use thier skills to deal damage were already having a hard.time (unless supercharged and maxed mods).

So tell us, if its really easy, with unsupercharged Loki on a defense mission on Pluto like Outer Terminus Solo mission, How many waves did you reached? 35 waves ? Is it really super easy because of the update's way to overpowered passive bonus? :3

Not everything is easy as you'd think, but currently everything will be easy in a Co-op team play. :3

The problem is not the passives, those are there to assist the newer player's advancement who dont have those mods,But its on these mods itself which will be adjusted on coming updates.

Edited by CrystalRibbon

Srly. First they cried for passive buffs and now they whine because they got them. There is no chance to please everyone. You will have to live with it....

Because you don't understand that there were two different issues.

1) advancing was about getting lucky with mods drops, especially the rare Vitality and the ultra rare Redirection.

When the frames got a passive buff another problem arose:

2) Lack of overall difficulty.

See? It's not that people whined because of the passive buffs. They complained that the passive buffs were too much.

At first i thought that this change was a good thing, but now i find myself just rushing through levels without enemies to have the slightest damn chance of killing me or even depleting my shields.

I find that there is no need at all for these passive bonuses since they ease the game to the point where health/shield modding becomes near obsolete and with that the game play value drops to near zero, since you are facing off against no challenge opponents whatsoever.

tl;dr i think that this system should be passed onto sentinels and/or GREATLY reduced.

Something I said about this in another thread..

its close enough to a response I'll just paste it here.

Passives arent about making the game easierm theyre about setting a clearer expectations of player character overall resiliance.

Ok

All adding passives has to do with is what DEFINES your levels of health and sheilds, which in turn effects dificulty.

Without passives gaining health or sheilds depended entirely on whether or not you found the mods.

So, from the developer standpoint, setting the difficulty of any encounter is hard because you dont know if a player will have the base values you get at the games start or if they will have 400 percent HP card equiped.

So how can one reasonably scale up difficulty with no idea if your players will have no increase in their resiliance or a massive increase?

If they set the end game to expect the mods but someone doesnt have them its too hard.

If they set the end game to expect that you do not have the mods but someone does then its too easy.

With passives the encounter difficulty can scale with at least an expected level of resiliance in mind.

They know that a level 30 warframe is automatically tougher than a level 1 warframe.

From there they can set the difficulty to scale, expecting tougher frames as they level, and have a better chance of nailing down a sense of progressed difficulty.

Now mods will still create that wide difference in resliance but the scaling will still be much better to nail down with the passives than without.

If they want to get it even more in control for scaling purposes the most logical way to keep this in line is to decrease the amount that mods can effect health and sheilds.

Simply put-To make the right encounter difficulty is based largely on having a clear understanding of a player characters capability.

The certainty of passives does more to this end than the uncertainity of mods.

Of course being able to choose level of difficulty on each planet would be ideal.

That way DE could set the standard level based on just the passives of health and sheilds and the hardest level based on having both passives and mods of health and sheilds.

BTW-DE is working on re-balancing difficulty.

Edited by Ronyn