The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think Warframe Has Spoiled Me.

Brynslustafir

I got into warframe originally becuase it felt faster and more more action-y than every other title that called itself an action game. Characters move faster, the camera movement is smooth, players have access to interesting abilities and powers, a lot of the weapons are interesting and unusual, melee is actually fun, there's decent mission variety, we have almost as many customization options as Armored Core, etc. Warframe possess many elements of a good action game that most other action titles don't. 

I just watched a preview gameplay video of Bungies upcoming title: Destiny and though to myself "Wow, this looks almost as boring as CoD." Thinking back to a few years ago, before Warframe existed and before I had gotten my first gaming PC I was actually really into FPS' like Killzone and third person action games like Mass Effect 2. But now that I've been enjoying the rare qualities of entertainment that Warframe posesses for over 1 year I've found that I just can't have fun playing games like Killzone and Destiny anymore. Warframe just consistently does the same things the major AAA games do, only better(apart from a rare exception, like Titanfall having better wallrunning mechanics than Warframe, but only because it's more controlable). 

The only FPS to come out within the last year that actually entertained me was Shadow Warrior, becuase it has good 1st person swordplay, something that most 1st person games don't have. 

So now that I've gotten so used to the varied kinds of fast fun Warframe offers, I've found that the only other action games I can still have fun with are Character Action titles like Bayonetta(sorry if I horribly butchered the spelling) and Metal Gear Rising. Not the new Devil May Cry reboot, though. That game completely lacks polish and has an absolutely terrible camera, coupled with a bad game engine and completely unlikable characters. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Bit off topic but... the next 2.0 should be wallrunning. Your comment about titanfall having better wallrunning than Warframe triggered that thought.

I do definitely share the feeling. Many of the games in my game folder are now far too boring for me. They're either too slow, or not customizable enough. Warframe definitely has some good core components, this game could (and hopefully will) go really far. Dark Souls 2 is currently the only other game that I'm playing.

Edited by SquirmyBurrito

Warframe is the game I've been wanting for years, I never get bored (primarily because of the people I met through WF that to this day, I still enjoy playing with).

And not to mention the devs behind WF are some of the most kindest and community friendly folks you'll ever meet.

Praise the lotus and be proud to be Tenno.

Edited by TheErebus

Warframe is the game I've been wanting for years, I never get bored (primarily because of the people I met through WF that to this day, I still enjoy playing with).

Same here. I feel like it's the game I was waiting for but never knew it until I saw it for the first time.