Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glorious Battle And Victory In The Name Of Your Clan [Dark Sector Megathread]

Oizen

the fact that they control 99% of the dark sectors...

I like how you picked the word fact even though the word fact implies it's something that's true. 30% is a fact. 99% is propaganda.

Nitpicking aside, yeah, I don't like their taxes either, but you can always play other levels, since, you know, they only control 30% of the system and not 100% or even 99% as you have insinuated.

Nah, you'll be know as the alliance who foolishly grabbed tons of nodes promised free solar rails at the start, back peddled and made them all 20-25% without a word, and are now expanding with one target ironically being a 0% node that is actually managing itself, all for the getting an easy hotspot node to fuel your bloated costs of upkeep.

Yeah, there are more things than that you need to worry about.

Eclipse never promised free rails, you just made that up. They happened to offer free rails, but never said, "This will be free forever," as a lot of alliances did.

Edited by VegetableBasket

Also let me just add Eclipse has a vested interest in making sure those who -do- support us get payed. After all without them holding rails takes longer and is harder. The last thing we want is to have them all thinking they won't get payed(let alone actually not getting payed) even if they do run for us. A happy runner is a repeat runner, a repeat runner contributes more to our victory and a contributing person is vital to the war effort.

Unless ofc you only wanted the players who could complete the mission in the same time as your speed runner, if the less able slow him down then he has to wait rather that getting the optimal damage against your opponent, I suppose some people would feel it fitting that they should be left to die and not get any battle pay, don't include me in this though. 

Unfortunately I play the game for the team to win not just me or my clan, for your speed runners to be certain of having the optimal performance they would have gone invite only or solo, so they could be certain not to have any slow players. 

The manner that they speed ran public games says to me not only are they unworthy of my support but also that they knew of the bug and were actively exploiting it, presumably so they could use the credits saved on other fronts.

Luckily the bug seems to be fixed now so hopefully Eclipse can try their hands at a fair fight

dood, I ran a mission and it didnt save the data, must be eclipse. 

dood, eclipse  attacked a rail, I dont like  them.

dood, i ran a mission and some guy got loot I didnt, must be eclipse  screwin us over.

dood, eclipse said they were goin to do something, then did somethin else because the game mechanics made it impossible to do what they were goin to do at first, its not fair, i don't like them.

dood, eclipse is bad bcaus they play the game and i can't beat them, thats not fair, I don't like them.

dood, I make up random percentages and tell everyone its a fact, its eclipses fault, I don't  like them, its not fair. 

dood, somebody somewhere said something and I think eclipse did it, they're bad.

dood, that guy malachi is makin fun of us,  its eclipses' fault, its not fair, they're bad.

Sechura at w5 gives 23k credits.

25% tax = 17k credits only. (average 5-6k lost per mission to a pointless vault that I have to play a dumb rail support mission for)

I have nothing against Eclipse, but, for the love of whatever, why the hell would I be supporting someone, regardless of their honour or whatnot when they're giving me more trouble than satisfaction?

To that end... Sechura ought to be left to the SoV. 0% tax?

I can actually enjoy the game without having to invest time and dedication into a clan.

With the Armistice giving us a total of 3 days of non-invasion, I think I'll take the lower grind profit over the max grind profit.

Maybe it's because Dark Sector is made for that reason and built solely for that reason alone, and not a free credit generator for everyone.

Except that SoV has been able to provide us with a free credit generator. :I

For us casual players or leaders of casual clans, it's better than having to make back our losses by grinding out a limited battlepay.

Eclipse's concept of giving 'back' battlepay only profits those who constantly keep up with the pay durations.

Those who cannot afford time on Eclipse's schedule will suffer a loss.

Everyone can decide for themselves what they like and use most of the Dark Sectors.

This is fair game. I am still friends with Eclipse. I will still aid SoV here.

Edited by LadyScootaloo

How thickheaded are you?

No one is actively trying to abuse that, because it's just unfeasible.

You didnt read what I said ofc no one is actively abusing it anymore because it no longer exists however eclipse still have a lot of Dark Zones that need removing to put things right.

Oh look only four and a half hours on Jupiter left to wait

Edited by LeMoog

You didnt read what I said ofc no one is actively abusing it anymore because it no longer exists however eclipse still have a lot of Dark Zones that need removing to put things right.

No alliance was able to abuse it in the first place, because they had NO control over it due to it being an OVERSIGHT.

*EDIT*- It still, in fact, exists, however most alliance and clan leaders do their best to be as quick as possible at putting up a new battlepay.

Edited by LazyTheGypsy

Also let me just add Eclipse has a vested interest in making sure those who -do- support us get payed. After all without them holding rails takes longer and is harder. The last thing we want is to have them all thinking they won't get payed(let alone actually not getting payed) even if they do run for us. A happy runner is a repeat runner, a repeat runner contributes more to our victory and a contributing person is vital to the war effort.

Unless ofc you only wanted the players who could complete the mission in the same time as your speed runner, if the less able slow him down then he has to wait rather that getting the optimal damage against your opponent, I suppose some people would feel it fitting that they should be left to die and not get any battle pay, don't include me in this though. 

Unfortunately I play the game for the team to win not just me or my clan, for your speed runners to be certain of having the optimal performance they would have gone invite only or solo, so they could be certain not to have any slow players. 

The manner that they speed ran public games says to me not only are they unworthy of my support but also that they knew of the bug and were actively exploiting it, presumably so they could use the credits saved on other fronts.

Luckily the bug seems to be fixed now so hopefully Eclipse can try their hands at a fair fight

Dude you are -not- listening. Being aware of a bug/oversight is different than exploiting it. We -want- people who run for us to get paid, yes that includes slower runners because -each- run is another run that isn't against us. On top of that you quote me but don't even address any of what I was actually saying/pointing out.  So let me try and break it down into nice easy to digest facts.

1. We earn Credits via taxes/donations from our own alliance.

2. Said Taxes are cycled into alliance/clan vaults mechanically, they -cannot- be moved out of the vaults.

3. We spend a great deal on battlepay, we -want- you to run for us.

4. If you -don't- get paid due to a exploitative behavior on our part that is intentional you -stop- running for us If not outright run against us.(This is what we do NOT want at all.)

5.By doing our best to be sure you get paid you don't become disgruntled, disgruntled is bad.

I mean really I'm not sure I can make it any simpler. I assure you we are -not- out to try and screw you out of your rightfully earned battle pay. It is absolutely 100% true when we run our own rails for defense we by the large rush them, but you have to understand for us we earn stuff only from what we pickup running them. And by the large drops are unreliable at best.

In short it's in Eclipses best interest to make sure you get paid. Please understand we are not the ones who implemented the ticket system, like every other Alliance we have been forced into the current flawed ticket system that leaves us with several choices as I list below as best I can.

A. We put in several thousand tickets of battlepay, we then get outbid and -cannot- up battlepay until those tickets are -all- consumed.

B. We put in Battle pay for smaller quantities of tickets as we try and gauge the response necessary and try and make sure everyone gets paid by keeping battlepay as up to date as we can. We up it quick but it still takes it a second to register.

C. We put in Gamey high battlepays for low tickets and piss -everyone- off.

Now really which one do you think we want to take? We sure as hell don't want everyone from team Greedy Milk mad at us, and we sure as heck don't want to lock our battlepay too low and then end up losing team Greedy Milk. So we take the only option we're left, trying to actively keep an eye on battlepay and adjust as needed.

No alliance was able to abuse it in the first place, because they had NO control over it due to it being an OVERSIGHT.

If they knew about it and used to to get an unfair advantage resulting in a strangle hold on the Dark Zones then they need to go, no matter what the tax rate

Except that SoV has been able to provide us with a free credit generator. :I

For us casual players or leaders of casual clans, it's better than having to make back our losses by grinding out a limited battlepay.

Well, if you want to keep that generator free, you'd have to commit your time to fight for it, no? 

What I meant by free, is that you don't have to invest anything in it. Not free tax.

Sechura at w5 gives 23k credits.

25% tax = 17k credits only. (average 5-6k lost per mission to a pointless vault that I have to play a dumb rail support mission for)

I have nothing against Eclipse, but, for the love of whatever, why the hell would I be supporting someone, regardless of their honour or whatnot when they're giving me more trouble than satisfaction?

To that end... Sechura ought to be left to the SoV. 0% tax?

I can actually enjoy the game without having to invest time and dedication into a clan.

With the Armistice giving us a total of 3 days of non-invasion, I think I'll take the lower grind profit over the max grind profit.

average battle pay from eclipse has been around 10k and in 2 mins of work you could have made that 5k back and pocketed an extra 5k. so for every 10 min you spend credit farming, you can make that back in 2 mins.

Dude you are -not- listening. Being aware of a bug/oversight is different than exploiting it. We -want- people who run for us to get paid, yes that includes slower runners because -each- run is another run that isn't against us. On top of that you quote me but don't even address any of what I was actually saying/pointing out.  So let me try and break it down into nice easy to digest facts.

1. We earn Credits via taxes/donations from our own alliance.

2. Said Taxes are cycled into alliance/clan vaults mechanically, they -cannot- be moved out of the vaults.

3. We spend a great deal on battlepay, we -want- you to run for us.

4. If you -don't- get paid due to a exploitative behavior on our part that is intentional you -stop- running for us If not outright run against us.(This is what we do NOT want at all.)

5.By doing our best to be sure you get paid you don't become disgruntled, disgruntled is bad.

I mean really I'm not sure I can make it any simpler. I assure you we are -not- out to try and screw you out of your rightfully earned battle pay. It is absolutely 100% true when we run our own rails for defense we by the large rush them, but you have to understand for us we earn stuff only from what we pickup running them. And by the large drops are unreliable at best.

In short it's in Eclipses best interest to make sure you get paid. Please understand we are not the ones who implemented the ticket system, like every other Alliance we have been forced into the current flawed ticket system that leaves us with several choices as I list below as best I can.

A. We put in several thousand tickets of battlepay, we then get outbid and -cannot- up battlepay until those tickets are -all- consumed.

B. We put in Battle pay for smaller quantities of tickets as we try and gauge the response necessary and try and make sure everyone gets paid by keeping battlepay as up to date as we can. We up it quick but it still takes it a second to register.

C. We put in Gamey high battlepays for low tickets and &!$$ -everyone- off.

Now really which one do you think we want to take? We sure as hell don't want everyone from team Greedy Milk mad at us, and we sure as heck don't want to lock our battlepay too low and then end up losing team Greedy Milk. So we take the only option we're left, trying to actively keep an eye on battlepay and adjust as needed.

I do understand how it is supposed to go and I truely believe than you are sincer in everything you say but I have already said why I think there is a wrong that needs righting. You shouldn't be worried after all it will proberbly be only me alone this time 4h16m

Edited by LeMoog

Well, if you want to keep that generator free, you'd have to commit your time to fight for it, no? 

What I meant by free, is that you don't have to invest anything in it. Not free tax.

Oh, that's completely irrelevant to me. I'm a casual. I hardly play. :T

I simply plan to sit around and keep snowballing this. What's it called. Watching people dig other people's graves.

Hi Squig.

Squig, that only applies to the people who actually have time to take part in those silly battlepays.

What about the casuals? >:

If they knew about it and used to to get an unfair advantage resulting in a strangle hold on the Dark Zones then they need to go, no matter what the tax rate

They knew it was happening, but had no control over it, and didn't know why it was happening for the first few days until it was discussed on the forums, and later confirmed. It will continue to exist and not be controllable or intentional until DE Gives clans and alliances a way to bypass it.

You are seriously not listening.

DE would be morally wrong to punish alliances for something they were not doing intentionally.

Eclipse never promised free rails, you just made that up. They happened to offer free rails, but never said, "This will be free forever," as a lot of alliances did.

Sorry if that's in correct ("you just made that up" hold your horses kiddo) ,but there have been a ton of people saying they did with no one like you correcting that. I didn't stare at every message eclipse made or study all that is eclipse.

That doesn't demean my general point regardless.

Edited by SolidSp33d

man, you've been at this a while now, why don't you take a break a minute, tell you're  mom to make you some milk and cookies, and then  try again once you've  had a nap. sleep deprivation can cause serious health issues. and you're showing signs of confusion/.

average battle pay from eclipse has been around 10k and in 2 mins of work you could have made that 5k back and pocketed an extra 5k. so for every 10 min you spend credit farming, you can make that back in 2 mins.

I play on the OPPOSITE times for most times when they occur and I can only play an hour or two a day.

Now explain to me where I'm going to get that.

You only consider people who can fight during the battlepay.

Btw, that only accounts for up to 12 hours, and definitely not ALL of the 12 hours.

The rest of the 3 days, I lose out, period. So if I can't be on during the peak battlepay of those three hours, I'm supposed to deal with it? >:

Damn.

Oh, that's completely irrelevant to me. I'm a casual. I hardly play. :T

I simply plan to sit around and keep snowballing this. What's it called. Watching people dig other people's graves.

Hi Squig.

Squig, that only applies to the people who actually have time to take part in those silly battlepays.

What about the casuals? >:

Trust me we want to pay the casuals too. We really do. We're working in the same system as everyone is. Due to the shortening of the battle as well as the cutting of rail health thrown on top of the armistice it's lead to exceedingly short battles. Do I know a solution to this that pleases everyone? I wish. Most of the time once we're sure of our position we dump a good deal of tickets for a large amount of credits. 

Long story short if anyone has complaints about the current system the best thing to do with those is try and figure out -why- you don't like it currently and address the feedback to DE. Eclipse is playing in the same sandbox everyone else is.

Trust me we want to pay the casuals too. We really do. We're working in the same system as everyone is. Due to the shortening of the battle as well as the cutting of rail health thrown on top of the armistice it's lead to exceedingly short battles. Do I know a solution to this that pleases everyone? I wish. Most of the time once we're sure of our position we dump a good deal of tickets for a large amount of credits. 

Long story short if anyone has complaints about the current system the best thing to do with those is try and figure out -why- you don't like it currently and address the feedback to DE. Eclipse is playing in the same sandbox everyone else is.

Good point. I'm just gonna keep snowballing this in an effort to hopefully stop Sechura from being overtaken until a resolution can be made.

The system is fine to me. The problem now is that Eclipse is a problem with the system like this.

I am not looking for a solution for Eclipse, unlike y'all.

I'm selfish as all xD

Good luck to you. I won't be throwing my full weight into defending, because I really couldn't anyways, but, this will be fun to watch.