The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Of Us Need To Know This, Especially De.

azureazmuth

Seems like they are not doing a PC version anytime soon, gameplay similiarities and differences aside that is a real shame.  Developing for PC would have allowed them to do more rather than fit what they want to do into a console, then they could have removed a few of the features and made a console port.

Oh well, another bungie game can't be enjoyed by PC players.  Being a First Person game it would be a lot better with a mouse and keyboard in my personal taste.

I hate first person mode. 

Not going near it.

Also it's not on the "best" gaming system.   The PC.

They're already in the negative as far as I'm concerned.  At this point if they want me to play it, they're gonna have to pay me.

Edited by Beas7ie

its leagues better then skyrim  and almost on par with morrowind.

How are you liking ESO?  I played through the beta and just couldn't shake the feeling of it being too "samey" to all the other MMO's I've played, and at 2 weeks before live, it was still riddled with game-breaking bugs that I couldn't see them fixing in time.  I cancelled my preorder after getting into the Wildstar Beta and loving that.

You mean the hand painted textures and sobel edging?

It's clear that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to game design, so I'll cede the floor here and just say that Borderlands is "cartoony" while Destiny seems to be going for a more realistic feel.

How are you liking ESO?  I played through the beta and just couldn't shake the feeling of it being too "samey" to all the other MMO's I've played, and at 2 weeks before live, it was still riddled with game-breaking bugs that I couldn't see them fixing in time.  I cancelled my preorder after getting into the Wildstar Beta and loving that.

most of if not all of the bugs have been fixed. The scripting and story telling is pretty damn amazing. It feels similar enough to the TES games that if you removed all of the other players you would have  a hard time telling the difference.

Like all games they are working on balancing some things still. Vampire and werewolves are kind of the hot topic as vampires OP as S#&$ and werewolves are glass cannons with no ammo.

there was a botting problem but they recently wiped all the bots out and since then i havent seen a bot.

I come from a TES background, not a MMO background.

I would say if you enjoy TES games you really have no reason to not get ESO. so far the cost is worth it.

most of if not all of the bugs have been fixed. The scripting and story telling is pretty damn amazing. It feels similar enough to the TES games that if you removed all of the other players you would have  a hard time telling the difference.

Like all games they are working on balancing some things still. Vampire and werewolves are kind of the hot topic as vampires OP as S#&$ and werewolves are glass cannons with no ammo.

there was a botting problem but they recently wiped all the bots out and since then i havent seen a bot.

I come from a TES background, not a MMO background.

I would say if you enjoy TES games you really have no reason to not get ESO. so far the cost is worth it.

That's the thing, I like my TES, and I also like my MMO's.  I didn't like the flavor I got when I mixed them.

Personally, I think it's because, for me at least, TES has been where I go when I'm tired of playing with other people.  So to have a TES ip made into a run of the mill MMO just killed it for me.

There was an identical thread like this when Titanfall was released.

"X copied X. OMGWTFBBQ."

Nothing to see here.

Speaking of Titanfall, can Warframe have a similar fluid parkour system like Titanfall? Cause Warframe's parkour is a joke.

Edited by TehChoudinator

That's the thing, I like my TES, and I also like my MMO's.  I didn't like the flavor I got when I mixed them.

Personally, I think it's because, for me at least, TES has been where I go when I'm tired of playing with other people.  So to have a TES ip made into a run of the mill MMO just killed it for me.

Pretty much this.

TES always had the story going for it and pretty much always had crap battle mechanics, but good enough to look past it because the story was so damned good.

MMO's have inherently watered down stories because there are so many people playing it. The "you're the chosen one" narrative doesn't work so well when you're spitting distance from 50 other "chosen ones" on a server with several thousand "chosen ones"

TLDR the weakest part of the TES franchise is the core of what most MMO'ers are looking for, and it's just not there... The strongest part of the TES franchise had to be watered down to suit the format.

f2p within 8 months is where I've put my moneys.

Pretty much this.

TES always had the story going for it and pretty much always had crap battle mechanics, but good enough to look past it because the story was so damned good.

MMO's have inherently watered down stories because there are so many people playing it. The "you're the chosen one" narrative doesn't work so well when you're spitting distance from 50 other "chosen ones" on a server with several thousand "chosen ones"

TLDR the weakest part of the TES franchise is the core of what most MMO'ers are looking for, and it's just not there... The strongest part of the TES franchise had to be watered down to suit the format.

f2p within 8 months is where I've put my moneys.

It's interesting that this is the consensus I've seen a lot of places. TES fans who have never played an MMO like it, because "it's Elder Scrolls I can play with my friends!" TES fans who play MMO's as well all say "DON'T CROSS THE STREAMS!!!"

What does TES mean?

From the link someone posted, I viewed the comment section and liked what someone said; 

"I feel like this is going to be a problem with this gen of consoles: stunning visuals, poor execution or unimaginative story. And like a cheap fast food place thats trying to sell S#&$ty food with good taste, developers are going to try to play on peoples stupidity by selling them on visuals and not substance."

Sadly, this is the truth. How many are still waiting on DE with 'Lore'...  With all these 'pretty' games coming out the winner(s) at the end is likely gonna be those with better immersion, story/lore to help retain their player base and attract more.