Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroid, Guys, Le Me Tell You Ma Story.

eraze93

Ello guys. i just finished my hydroid. so excited. well what can you expect.
for 13 run finaly got system on 13th run.
8 helm and 4 chasis. wait 3 days.

so today its the day. so happy can try him, how he works, and what utility he has. so excited.

just like other frame, before i use, i will always see warframe wiki, read the hydroid skills, how ppl use him, his ability, his utility and i read this in the Undertow tips,

When running an Infested Defense (such as an uncontested Dark Sector or Orokin Derelict), stand near the cryopod or a walkway to the cryopod and activate Undertow. Once you've collected several enemies, de-activate the Undertow form and chain together Area of Effect skills such as Tempest Barrage and Tentacle Swarm.

wow cool, so i go do some alert, get some level, l reach lv 5. potatoed so i can mod him with energy siphon, undertow, tentacle swarm, intensify, streamline.
and go to recruit tab to join ODD.

finaly join in, this is the fun parts.

loading, ingame, walking in. then some one chat me,
"hydroid"
"y?"

about a 20 sc.

"dun use tentacle swarm" "coz i want get 10k kills this friday"

and my inner self talking to me, "WHAT, WHHAAT?!?!"

"um im new to hydroid so imma use it"

he use vauban. he say vortex is more efficient, so HE DONT USE BASTILE until wave 10-20.

A LOT OF arguin after that,
i say, "um you are not even using bastile so i use undertow",

why would i use undertow if enemy cant go inside.

anyway he is like preventing me to use my skills. I DONT WANT YOU TO USE UNDERTOW I DONT WANT YOU TO  USE TENTACLE SWARM EITHER COZ IMMA GET 10K KILLS THIS FRIDAY.

yet im new to hydroid and want to test him my self.
how his skills works, see on my self how epic is tentacle swarm, what does undertow realy do. etc,etc.

and i was like, I JUST GOT HIM DUDE seriously, but i dont say that to him.

so in the end he say this,
"undetow sucks, mob dont drop item becos of undertow, if they killed inside"

this sentence make me like, oh ok. i understand. so in a couple of wave in ODD i dun use it.

then i realize, "HOW UNDERTOW CAN KILL MOB?! I DOES ABOUT 32 DAMAGE PER SECONDS. THIS UTILITY IS TO SUCK ENEMY, GATHERING THEM AND THEN EMERGED AND THEN USE ULT YEAH!"

that refer to wiki tips, and i am now realy realizing the utility of undertow tentacle swarm combo.

but if that information true? mob dont drop item becos of undertow, if they killed inside. true? or he just giving S#&$y false information TO NEW PLAYER THAT WANT TO PLAY HYDROID.
he is rude indeed.

all i hope is the other player, or the community didnt do like he did to me.
just have fun dude seriously.

btw i have 700 hours, my MR is 12.

maybe thats all. share your thought please. maybe you too, um, hate hydroid?

thx for reading. i hope for the best for this community.

PS: my hydroid revives: 0 today.

my quote, "when you arguing with some one in 2 man squad MISSION. dont get down, or you will use.
your
revive"

Encountering number 2:

62poHXB.jpg

Edited by eraze93

Moral of the story, why listen, you're your own squid- uh frame.

well im new hydroid player so it just normal to listen maybe tips from experienced player. like him. yet he is telling false information?

coz he tell me that he play warframe since update 1, and i am update 7. his MR 11, my MR 12.

and he has hydroid too. hahahaha.

Reading this was painful...

Indeed.

On topic, Undertow does not suck away the drops, they always come out when the enemy dies in my experience. The guy you were playing with was just being a jerk because he wanted kills. The only legitimate reasons I've seen for disliking Hydroid is that his Undertow can cause the waves to go slower because the enemies are stuck inside (though this is negated by just not waiting the whole time and doing as you said in your post), and that his tentacles can make it more difficult to hit the enemies that they're swinging around.

I was playing an ODD today with my Hydroid and had a similar experience. Some guy was like "Why do I have 0 kills?" and I told him "because of my undertow" and the guy was like "wtf, stop" I was totally like what the hell. I don't really like undertow anyways, I was just trying all his abilities to find my favorite, but it was kind of uncalled for, I mean, why the hell do we worry about kills in a co-op game?

Indeed.

On topic, Undertow does not suck away the drops, they always come out when the enemy dies in my experience. The guy you were playing with was just being a jerk because he wanted kills. The only legitimate reasons I've seen for disliking Hydroid is that his Undertow can cause the waves to go slower because the enemies are stuck inside (though this is negated by just not waiting the whole time and doing as you said in your post), and that his tentacles can make it more difficult to hit the enemies that they're swinging around.

Though unless you are righting level 70+ ancients, the tentacles themselves can kill with relative ease.

Eraze93, if someone forbids you to use abilities, just put them on ignore and continue your way. A lot of people playing this game aren't exactly the social type and only care about themselves and their own fun. If they want to have the most kills and only want to see their own abilities, let them press the "solo" button.

Eraze93, if someone forbids you to use abilities, just put them on ignore and continue your way. A lot of people playing this game aren't exactly the social type and only care about themselves and their own fun. If they want to have the most kills and only want to see their own abilities, let them press the "solo" button.

I do wonder why he was recruiting people to join him at all...

I do wonder why he was recruiting people to join him at all...

im not recruiting ppl, i pm host, coz the host, hosting ODD. so i join.

the vauban is not the host though.

edited:

oh i get it. you mean "he" is the vauban right? hahahaha. "IMMA GET 10K KILLS THIS FRIDAY!"

lol cant forget that quote of the day.

Edited by eraze93

As Nekros, I really appreciate fighting alongside a puddle Hydroid in Infested defense. Infested corpses vanish very very fast, so a Hydroid can mob a large group of Infested, release them and blow them up all at once so I can Desecrate them quickly before their bodies expire.

im not recruiting ppl, i pm host, coz the host, hosting ODD. so i join.

the vauban is not the host though.

edited:

oh i get it. you mean "he" is the vauban right? hahahaha. "IMMA GET 10K KILLS THIS FRIDAY!"

lol cant forget that quote of the day.

Bro. Vauban's vortex is the most legit easy way to run ODD. This is because not only does it keep all enemies together, but the loot as well. Which is important at higher waves. Hydroids skills keep everything spread about and is randomized. Like zephyrs tornado. Both are very annoying to deal with when vauban is the best way to go about ODD. I use my ogris with virtex and one shot up until wave 65 (then I 2 shot). If yiu would of not argued with him he probably could of maxed your frame for you.

Bro. Vauban's vortex is the most legit easy way to run ODD. This is because not only does it keep all enemies together, but the loot as well. Which is important at higher waves. Hydroids skills keep everything spread about and is randomized. Like zephyrs tornado. Both are very annoying to deal with when vauban is the best way to go about ODD. I use my ogris with virtex and one shot up until wave 65 (then I 2 shot). If yiu would of not argued with him he probably could of maxed your frame for you.

Shh, I think I hear a hard core booben enthusiast!

giphy.gif

Seriously though, Vauban is great and all but I don't support ragging on someones choice in warframe as long as the group can survive in what they are attempting to do, who cares about being 'optimal' in someones eyes as long as you win as long as you want to and I don't support that whole "I wanna get 10k kills so QUIT DOING THINGS!" mentality either, this game is about fun and who cares about leader boards, not many people do because they don't currently matter.

I do admit if you want to be efficient and kill all the fun of the game, sure.  Bring Vauban, Trinity, Nekros and Nova as they are right now and just watch youtube while everything falls in line.  That's boring lol. "Max your frame for you while you sit by and do nothing."  Yep... definitely something DE intends, basically power leveling someone afk.