The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Know Hes A Beginner Frame But Come On

The_Sharp_Demonologist

So... all it took was one page to go from argument for improving Excalibur to arguing about Frost's powers.

Oh well.

So... who wants slash dash to add to the combo counter? I do! I do!

Yes plz...

I'd like to see Excalibur's powers switched around and his stats adjusted accordingly.

1. Superjump, that should take the least energy and be in slot 1.

2. Radial Blind

3. Slash Dash. Considering the Stalker can do 1200 damage or so in a a slash dash and his suit seems to be a modified Excalibur-ish Warframe, I would make this Excal's number 3 ability, and I would increase the damage it currently does.

4. Radial Javelin.

I'm not giving any specific damage numbers or percentage increases/decreases for each ability, though - I'll leave that for the forum members to discuss what they think is right.

Edited by -SLX-J3tAc3

wasn't this thread about excalibur?

Strength mods are not necessary but will make your globe last longer.  Strength mods also help Frost nuke. 

Range mods make the globe bigger, which causes it to die faster, so they are actually a hindrance unless fighting against infested (even then they could cause problems for those using explosives.)

Duration mods are not that important.  Just Continuity or Constitution (or Narrow Minded to make the Globe snug around the defense target) is enough to make Snow Globe last long enough that you don't have to camp the defense target constantly and also allows it to be indefinitely maintainable with one Energy Siphon.  One mod is not a big price to pay for flexibility, though it would be cool if his other abilities besides Freeze scaled with it somehow. 

The armor mod is unnecessary and doesn't contribute that much health (836.)  However, if you were to forgo strength mods entirely you could Steel Fiber to boost the globe instead and increase personal survivability as well. 

Efficiency mods were already par for the course so that hasn't changed at all. 

you could also need range for a boss battle except ODA.

since direct damage is the worse scaling in game strength mods are kinda pointless in the long run so i take Steel Fiber over it any day.

duration mods also benefit ice wave frozen proc? is so at 100% activation it becomes worthwhile  

3. Slash Dash. Considering the Stalker can do 1200 damage or so in a a slash dash and his suit seems to be a modified Excalibur-ish Warframe, I would make this Excal's number 3 ability, and I would increase the damage it currently does.

i don't see a need to reorder as you will not use super jump more often than the other skills anyway.

maximized damage slash and dash already deals 1220 damage for a measly increase in cost which makes it one of the most efficient area damage skills, you cant expect to get the highest damage output without modding for it.

since direct damage is the worse scaling in game strength mods are kinda pointless in the long run so i take Steel Fiber over it any day.

duration mods also benefit ice wave frozen proc? is so at 100% activation it becomes worthwhile  

Avalanche's damage with a 75/57 build is effective through the 30s, so it is certainly relevant for non-infinite content.  

Duration mods don't help Ice Wave because it's just a Cold damage proc and not actually an ability effect.  

Juranai He is considered a Beginner frame cause of his "Balanced" stats, while in reality Excalibur is lacking quite a bit.

Not if you put enough work into him, with the right combination of mods, formas and a potatoe he is quite worthvile in end game situations.

The only ability that needs some love is jump when combined with one of the other abilities.

And the following frames should get some love vefore the X

Ash

-Banshee

-Saryn

-Oberon

-Nekros

Edited by Juranai

Juranai To be fair Saryn doesnt really NEED it, shes in a pretty good spot right now.  She could use some work yes but she isnt in desperate need for a rework.

perhaps your right but she is still my least favorite frame and I almost never use her anymore

Edgedemon I can use Booben whit Bounce and the Jat Kittag and i will Outdamage and out CC you. Not to mention far more useful for the team

the usefulness changes with user skill and timing, but you would had to carry your jag kittag, and even ignoring that it wouldn't be even close in coolness and FUN.

though it would fun in its own way, looking like a looney toons cartoon "jump on the spring -> smash with huge hammer"

you could also take zephyr with divebomb

Edgedemon I can use Booben whit Bounce and the Jat Kittag and i will Outdamage and out CC you. Not to mention far more useful for the team

At least we know that when somebody does something for fun, you can come in and tell them how you're better.

What a joy to have you in the discussion.

Hmmm

1 Slashdash is awesome enough said.

2 Super jump great with heavy impact

3 radial blind not only stunns but increases melee damge

radial javalin. pinning baddies to the wall....so far im not seeing a problem with any of this.