Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arc Traps Are Even Worse Now.

Rettycombine

As noted in other threads, not all weapons can damage them but in rescue missions we are expected to give up our secondary to the person we are trying to rescue. That leaves melee as our only alternative to destroy them. Doing so is not always an option as some are not reachable via melee or in groups of arc traps.

I quit a mission because of this the other day. Three traps in a group out of melee reach and my Penta has no effect on them.

I find these a lot less irritating than the random ones, actually. You know in advance where they're going to be, so they actually serve a purpose other than being obnoxious. You can either pick them off from the vent across the room, or sneak into the holding cells via the side route and bypass them.

i have a fever, and the only cure is more ARC TRAPS!!!! those things are amazing!!! love em. they do a great job separating people who don't want to do a stealth mission and just rush in from those who do. take your time go around and snipe them for a true stealth mission. don't just run in guns blazing lol

I think I instinctively fail to take anyone who uses "lol" as a period seriously. It seems to be a good instinct so far. 

All the taking your time in the world can't save you from arc traps.. short of actually taking SO MUCH time that you actually break time itself.

I think I instinctively fail to take anyone who uses "lol" as a period seriously. It seems to be a good instinct so far. 

All the taking your time in the world can't save you from arc traps.. short of actually taking SO MUCH time that you actually break time itself.

there are 9 arc traps in the ceres mission tileset for this event.

two on each ramp leading up to the first locked door.

three on the platform by the hacking terminal for the first locked door and two on the elevator leading up to that same platform.

you're saying you don't have time to destroy 7 arc traps in that area? (as the two on the elevator can be ignored)

if that's the case, i'll call you out as a "rusher" and ignore you in the same vein as those whom you ignore for using lol as punctuation. (although i happen to agree with you on that topic)

this is the first time i've seen DE focus on a purely "stealth" mission.

stealth and rush DO NOT MIX!

i agree that when running sargas ruk, arc traps are annoying. not incapacitating (this from someone who mains loki with vigor only) but irritating.

take rush off your build, take marathon off, take quick rest off. rest your left shift button for awhile and pay a bit of attention to the scenery that DE spent so much time putting together.

after 12 ceres missions (or wherever you want to do these) put your rush build back together and run past the arc traps again, but in the meantime, try playing the mission as it was intended.. you may be surprised.

there are 9 arc traps in the ceres mission tileset for this event.

two on each ramp leading up to the first locked door.

three on the platform by the hacking terminal for the first locked door and two on the elevator leading up to that same platform.

you're saying you don't have time to destroy 7 arc traps in that area? (as the two on the elevator can be ignored)

if that's the case, i'll call you out as a "rusher" and ignore you in the same vein as those whom you ignore for using lol as punctuation. (although i happen to agree with you on that topic)

this is the first time i've seen DE focus on a purely "stealth" mission.

stealth and rush DO NOT MIX!

i agree that when running sargas ruk, arc traps are annoying. not incapacitating (this from someone who mains loki with vigor only) but irritating.

take rush off your build, take marathon off, take quick rest off. rest your left shift button for awhile and pay a bit of attention to the scenery that DE spent so much time putting together.

after 12 ceres missions (or wherever you want to do these) put your rush build back together and run past the arc traps again, but in the meantime, try playing the mission as it was intended.. you may be surprised.

I hate rushers, and these Arc Traps make me want to rush just to get away from them quicker instead of slow down, well go slower than I already do, and shoot them. If DE wanted these Arc Traps and anti-rusher tools, they have failed miserably

I hate rushers, and these Arc Traps make me want to rush just to get away from them quicker instead of slow down, well go slower than I already do, and shoot them. If DE wanted these Arc Traps and anti-rusher tools, they have failed miserably

fair enough from that perspective.

an easy way to solve it though... simply "arm" them by the alarms going off.

without the alarms, traps aren't armed. unless you get within a meter or so.

just my 2c though.

on the other hand, they do make one slow the hell down and snipe them before running into the area, doesn't it?

Not at all. If anything, it punishes those who move at a slower pace, rushers just get a slight tickle as they sprint by while someone who takes the time to fight enemies and explore has to deal with these things.

fair enough from that perspective.

an easy way to solve it though... simply "arm" them by the alarms going off.

without the alarms, traps aren't armed. unless you get within a meter or so.

just my 2c though.

Well if its ppacement is fixed, its less of an issue.

Having them only active when the alert is up is a good idea.

Edited by XRAY0128

I am not rusher, i play full melee/stealth. Arc traps annoy me alot. I dont even know if i can melee them, i die before i can try.
They are completly bad, they ruin gameplay for me.

And they dont slow down rushers at all. Not even a littlest bit. No.
They HAVE TO GO.