The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing Stat Helms Gives Older Players Yet Another Advantage

Stats on helms are being removed in a few days on pc. this would be fine but they are only removing future helms purchased or dropped.  this means that older players have yet another advantage for certain frames if they got this helm. future players will be out of luck for many maximization of powers.

this whole process is stupid, but there are better solutions than just shafting new and future players. 

option 1.  don't do it. just not have stats on future warframes if you don't like them. 

option 2. remove stats from all helmets including people who had them before.  this hurts older players but helps game balance. you could always compensate players per helmet though that would suck as that is a lot of plat flooding the market ( maybe make it untradable play?)

option 3 (best option imo)  give helmets a single slot for a stat boost.   helmets drop from alerts as before, but without stats (cosmetic). then have mods drop in game as normal mods that only fit on specific helmets. if you had the helmet before, you get the mod plus you have the helmet already. so its like nothing ever happened. if you get the helmet in the future you gotta get the mod you want as well, though any helmet for that frame could fit that mod (maybe polarity fits into it to make an effect stronger?)

this leaves room for more variety of mods and builds . lots more loot to collect, lots more variety in builds. no one is hurt by the change. best of all it adds another layer of making a frame your own.

Edit: since people seem to think only 3 helmets are useful

Banshee chorus helmet ads 10% power efficiency with a loss to stamina. 
Ember phoenix has an ok helmet that ads energy made while hurting shield.
excaliber avalon adds shields small loss to health, meh but still possible to use well.

excaliber pendragon adds 15% power strength with a 5% loss to armor.

Frost aurora adds 25% armor with a small loss to health max

Frost Squall adds 15% power strength while 5% loss to shield.

Loki essence 15% power effiency -5% armor

loki  15% power range -5% health

mag coil 25% range -5% shield

Nyx Vespa 15% power effiency -5% armor

Rhino Vanguard 25% speed -5% power strength

Trinity aura 25% power duration -5% health

Vauban 1 espirit 0% energy max -10% shield

Volt storm 10% power strength -5% stamina

Volt pulse 10% power duration -5% shield max

Edited by (PS4)USRevenge2

No, stat helms were pretty bad man nobody used them bar embers helmet. They need to go so my alerts can have less useless S#&$ there.

what? really? I assume you're talking about the phoenix helm? +energy is not a good stat. I'm not going to get into it, but you're wrong on so many levels

as for OP, the boosts are pretty small, it's really not that big a deal. it's not our fault that scott doesn't want stats on helms. but stats should not be reatroactively removed, either. if DE doesn't want to enrage a large portion of the player base, that is. these helms used to mean something, and the arcane versions still do. newer helms are all just aesthetic, like syandanas. but that means unless it looks really cool, it's not worth it to use it. with stats, people might end up buying helms just for the stats, even if they don't look that great (sorry frankenhelm essence helm, if it weren't for your efficiency boost, you would not be used. ever). so I think DE is making a mistake here

but maybe it's because the focus system will incorporate small stat boosts like that, so having the stats on helms is a little redundant. here's to hoping that's a thing

People always make a big deal over something and minor.

Aside from that, isn't that the same with most games? People really love to complain in this community.

For record I really don't care if they stay or go.

Edited by Naith

As an older player with many stat helmets I greatly prefer option n.2. 

While I don't think the helmets really give that much of an advantage, I do think that if DE deems a feature to be bad and worth removing, they should have the courage to remove it completely, with or without plat refunds, it doesn't really matter to me.

Leaving backed up changes like these just hinder the game in the future, sure the stats from the helmets are so small that it's hard to imagine they will create issues. but they still might. And imagine if this becomes a habit: the more things there are in the game that DE can't change the harder it will be for the game to become better. Do you think there would have been a damage 2.0 if closed beta players got to keep their mods 1.0? Of course not.

Some of the replies here are underestimating the boost that certain helmets give players.  Nine times out of ten, Rhino players are wearing a Vanguard helmet, and the tenth guy is a newbie who just finished crafting the frame.  You'll rarely see an Ember without a Phoenix helmet.  Loki's got that extra power efficiency helmet of his.  Those helmets are definite boosts without any downsides.

Which is why I'm glad I was here early.  But unmarrying the stats from the helmets and creating a "helmet slot" so players can pick and choose is still the best choice of all that works for everybody and has no arguments against it.

besides the obvious easy way to complain...can someone who wants to remove stats completely tell us how stat helmets are overpowered or not fair?

Have you did a comparison of your warframe without the stats vs. a warframe with the stats? PLUS an optimized build since stats do stack?

Can you show us detailed calculations on why they should change?   DE should not take anybodies (even mine) suggestions into consideration if they can not provide a full thesis on the matter......

edit;  if you really think this is stat helmets divide the player base................  -_- You want to know what divides us?   Skill.  Knowing how to Optimize.  Time/Resources.

Not a helmet.

Edited by Ishki88

Advantage OVER GRINEER AND CO. yes !

We are all tennos

We are all in the same team

No competition whatsoever

Be glad your brothers can have more power

They are on your team

Objective is to win against the enemy not against fellow tenno

Just to make sure I'm reading this right: new helmets that are made/dropped as in new items that are introduced, or new as in if they weren't made before the patch then they don't get the bonuses? eg: If I build a Vanguard helmet today, I get the bonuses obviously. If I build one after the update, does it still have the boosts?

Just to make sure I'm reading this right: new helmets that are made/dropped as in new items that are introduced, or new as in if they weren't made before the patch then they don't get the bonuses? eg: If I build a Vanguard helmet today, I get the bonuses obviously. If I build one after the update, does it still have the boosts?

Helmets built after the update will not have to boost. Better build any helmets you have now if you want them to have stats boosts.

Personally, I feel that the helmets should all have their stat boosts removed (none of this "arcane helmet" nonsense).

Also, I just want it noted that I own every helmet in the game, most of which were bought with plat.

Edited by Corvid

I have every helmet that has a stat bonus which I made

I worked too have to make should not but be taken away from me

what if you made your 50,000 bucks working for a year

and they government took it right out from under you

that's not right is it? well don't do it too us!

No, stat helms were pretty bad man nobody used them bar embers helmet. They need to go so my alerts can have less useless S#&$ there.

I have sevral stat helmets I use. They are not useless, I have one that increases power rang but lowers sheild and I use that all the time for my mag.

look at the silly posts.

lets look at the stats for warframes that are great, yea some suck, but it just gives older players another advantage which is the problem. I love how the kids here don't think otherwise but I guess I have to explain it.

Here are some stat helms that are good, people keep saying only a few are good here but you are full of crap.

Banshee chorus helmet ads 10% power efficiency with a loss to stamina. 
Ember phoenix has an ok helmet that ads energy made while hurting shield.
excaliber avalon adds shields small loss to health, meh but still possible to use well.

excaliber pendragon adds 15% power strength with a 5% loss to armor.

Frost aurora adds 25% armor with a small loss to health max

Frost Squall adds 15% power strength while 5% loss to shield.

Loki essence 15% power effiency -5% armor

loki  15% power range -5% health

mag coil 25% range -5% shield

Nyx Vespa 15% power effiency -5% armor

Rhino Vanguard 25% speed -5% power strength

Trinity aura 25% power duration -5% health

Vauban 1 espirit 0% energy max -10% shield

Volt storm 10% power strength -5% stamina

Volt pulse 10% power duration -5% shield max

so yea, it's more than just a few helmets that have useful stats, it's a huge chunk of them.    it's a huge hit for new players that they will NEVER be able to get these stat boosts.

Edited by (PS4)USRevenge2

look at the silly posts.

lets look at the stats for warframes that are great, yea some suck, but it just gives older players another advantage which is the problem. I love how the kids here don't think otherwise but I guess I have to explain it.

Here are some stat helms that are good, people keep saying only a few are good here but you are full of crap.

*snip*

so yea, it's more than just a few helmets that have useful stats, it's a huge chunk of them.

And all of these "good" effects can also be given with mods. Your point?

If anything, this whole idea that older players have an advantage from a helmet effect is rather silly seeing as you can easily maximize and hit the efficiency/range/duration caps with Corrupted mods. Option 3 would be nice, but it answers a different type of issue (satisfying both groups of players who want statless/stat helmets) and DE seems to have made their mind up already.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom