The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Take On The Frost Remake.

Iraetus

Okay, some of the people here in Warframe agree that Frost has many problems. Crowd Control, Survivability, Freeze.

I'll try and fix this with my suggestions in my thread.

Base Stats:

Shields: 150

Health: 100

Armor: 300

Power: 100

Speed: 0.9

Okay, why did I make Frost tankier? First of all, he cannot really defend himself, other than Snowglobe. It may be his saving grace skill but its only useful to a certain extent. So what I did, was raise his armor to 300 and nerfed down his speed to 0.8. This would make him slower but steadier.

NOTE: My goal was to not to make Frost a Nuker, but a good crowd controller. Being a helpful Warframe on the offensive and defensive fields.

Skills:

Freeze ---> Cold Screen - Frost sprays a thick cloud of smoke to freeze all enemies caught by the freeze cloud.

- AoE (Only the front)

- Does 0 damage (Not affected by Intensify)

- Freezes enemies for 8/10/12 seconds (Affected by Continuity)

- Range is 4/6/8 meters (Affected by Stretch)

- Breaks on 1000/1500/2000 damage (Affected by Intensify)

Okay, we all know that Freeze was useless. No AoE, and breaks on an awful 300 damage. What I did was, removed the damaging capabilities of Freeze, made it an AoE skill that only affects the front lines with NO DAMAGE. This would be his main CC Skill.

Ice wave ---> Ice wave - Frost delivers a wave of ice that deals X damage and knocks people back.

- WIDER straight line AoE   (Affected by Stretch)

- deals 200/400/600 damage (Affected by Intensify)

- Brief stun or Knockback

I haven't have any problems with Ice wave really.

Snowglobe ---> Northwind - Frost channels the power of the North wind, creating a shield of air around the area he spawned it.

- Functions like Snowglobe, but without that silly ice that enemies could just pass through

- Duration for 15/20/30 seconds (Affected by Continuity)

- AFFECTED BY ARMOR (This is also the reason why I upped his armor by a margin;) 

- Deflects range attacks, slows down enemies in the area by 4/8/12 meters (Affected by Stretch)

- Aimable

First of all, a solid Ice dome where enemies could pass through... was... stupid. So wind. Next, I made it aim-able so we could still move around defense mission but defend the pod.

Avalanche  --> Let it Snow, let it- ---> Jackfrost

His ultimate CC Skill. Now, we will not talk about damage. Frost wasn't supposed to be damaging that much anyway.

Frost punches the ground and invokes spikes from the ground that pierces through the enemy, the ice shatters INSIDE OF THE ENEMY and freezes them in place.

- Does 500/750/1000 damage (Affected by Intensify)

- Whatever AoE Avalanche has now.

- Enemies frozen to 8/12/16 seconds (Affected by Continuity)

- Enemies get STUNNED after the ice breaks.

- X chance to cold proc after freeze effect.

Hope you guys like it.

EDIT: Changed Speed back to normal (0.9)

Edited by Issence

Also maybe his stats should make him a better tank

Shields: 200

Health:100

Armor: 500

Speed:0.8

Freeze: Has large aoe damage now max damage 450, leaves a trail of ice.

Ice bridge: Frost will make a path of ice to get to the other side. ( ice wave needs a change cause we already got freeze and avalache)

Snowglobe: REMOVE TIMER and increase its meters a bit and now it has sheilds and change its health max to 5000, so the sheilds will be 10000

Billizard: Increase its raduis and damage. Now make more and MORE heavier,stronger,windier and coldier billizard.

(NOTE: I'm not trying to make him OP, this is how frost must be and different from rhino)

No. Just no. He's already the slowest frame in the game, and you mean to make him SLOWER? No, he needs to be faster if he's going to be of any use. He can't be slower than freakin' Rhino!

Sadly, I do not agree.

If we intend to make Frost a CC-er. We have to give him some trade-offs.

I like your ideas, especially for the 1 skill, but I had an idea of my own for that that you may like- a sort of spreading freeze. It works almost like it does now, shooting like fireball with a small AoE, freezing everything it hits for a few seconds, but the difference is that every enemy that touches a frozen enemy ALSO gets frozen. 

I was about to complain about the speed, but damn that CC.

I'm okay with this, he's the absolute perfect defense frame, and I think coptering can solve any severe issues.

But not everyone likes copteri-

Nevermind. I'm probably the only one.

He's the slowest frame in the game! He already has the trade-off!

The suggestions I made needed him to be slower as it is too much powerful. He may not do any big damage, but he can finally take damage, save his arse or others. I'd rather play a slower frame that can actually survive than a frame a tad bit slower than Excalibur but cannot do anything on his own but hide in a prison.

The suggestions I made needed him to be slower as it is too much powerful. He may not do any big damage, but he can finally take damage, save his arse or others. I'd rather play a slower frame that can actually survive than a frame a tad bit slower than Excalibur but cannot do anything on his own but hide in a prison.

Let's all just hope he can reach the action in time, then.

Welcome to the Warframe forums, where people with no concept of balance try to make balance changes to frames that don't need it.

Frost is fine, and the only skill of his that could use a buff is Freeze. As a whole, he's perfectly fine.

Just fix Avalanche. Give it back the stun it had. Yes, it was a bug then. Make it so that it works that way on purpose (not the duration effected by range thing, just the good, viable stun).

I get the everlasting impression that people who think Frost needs a total rework are trying to use him in an entirely incorrect manner.

It's like watching somebody stab haphazardly at a piece of paper with a pair of scissors, hacking it in shredded, mangled halves, and declaring that scissors do not work. Nothing will work with improper use.

Okay, why did I make Frost tankier? First of all, he cannot really defend himself, other than Snowglobe. It may be his saving grace skill but its only useful to a certain extent. So what I did, was raise his armor to 300 and nerfed down his speed to 0.8. This would make him slower but steadier.

Frost can defend himself better than most frames, and does not need more survivability.

Not that reducing speed and increasing armor would have the effect you desire. It would make Frost more vulnerable, and vastly more annoying to use on anything but a pure defense mission.

Frost is extremely durable already, and unless you are somehow playing without any weapons, he can defend himself or take the fight to the enemy just fine.

Again, he doesn't need the armor increase to do what you want to do, and the speed decrease would more than erase any gains.

Mobility is a form of defense, as well. Squishy frames rely on it to stay out of bad spots. Maneuvering the battlefield is necessary.

Removing speed for armor would be crippling. Not to mention make Frost absolutely atrocious to play in anything but stationary defense. A thousand times, no.