The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Is So Empty...

Jamescell

Some days I log on, most of the clan is off, and there really isn't anything to do. Well of course there is! Play the game! 

On these occasions I realize how unpleasing Warframe game play is. Go into a meaningless mission to fight enemies that are either way too easy or way too easy but with really irritating stats that slow you down.

On these occasions I realize that Warframe would be nothing without people farming for things they want, actually playing a mission is more about farming than the game-play, sometimes I can't even find the game play enjoyable. 

Without Warframe's very nice artistic style and the farm-for-what-you-want system that so hugely dominates all of what we do in the game this would in no way be a game worth playing. All great games are defined by the enjoyable in mission "gaming" experience. 

At some point I hope the game undergoes a paradigm shift to focus on actually enjoyable play or immersion into the Warframe universe. 

Just a thought. 

Edited by Jamescell

The novelty wears off after a time.  Some days I log on and just sit in the star chart, wondering why I logged on in the first place instead of playing something else, which I end up doing after a minute, anyway.  Unless there's an event going on.  Events are usually fun when not laced with too much, if any, RNG.  

I miss the Gradivus Dilemma.  That was the most fun I've ever had both in-game and on the forums.

Edited by Katakuna

Problem : Killing isn't as dynamic

Solution : Make killing more dynamic!

Helpfulness of this post : AHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

This has been a long-standing problem.

All we can do is sit and watch.

Melee 2.19950usuck12516 did give us new ways to kill enemies, but, the design on combos is short and rather just makes use of different keys rather than patterns. (you tend to stick to one combo, in general.)

I'm the kind of mindless player who enjoys making progress more than I do actually playing games sometimes, so I always get hyped for new stuff but once I grind it I am just like, "What's the point," again. The game is not nearly as engaging as it should be. I want to feel on edge. Having everything sucks.

Edited by VegetableBasket

Some days I log on, most of the clan is off, and there really isn't anything to do. Well of course there is! Play the game! 

On these occasions I realize how unpleasing Warframe game play is. Go into a meaningless mission to fight enemies that are either way too easy or way too easy but with really irritating stats that slow you down.

On these occasions I realize that Warframe would be nothing without people farming for things they want, actually playing a mission is more about farming than the game-play, sometimes I can't even find the game play enjoyable. 

Without Warframe's very nice artistic style and the farm-for-what-you-want system that so hugely dominates all of what we do in the game this would in no way be a game worth playing. All great games are defined by the enjoyable in mission "gaming" experience. 

At some point I hope the game undergoes a paradigm shift to focus on actually enjoyable play or immersion into the Warframe universe. 

Just a thought. 

I agree with it completely, I feel like Warframe can be an empty city of glamour many times. I enjoy the game-play, but it lacks a drive to the game that is existing in other PvE games. While it is a franchise, DE hasn't really touched on why we're really killing Grineer, Infested, and Corpus other than upholding the balance. But there isn't any cost at stake, any characters we can support or rally behind!

I wish we had a driving or developing story instead of more enemies, more weapons, and more game modes. That only carries a game so far until the populace demands a story mode to give their efforts meaning in a PVE game.

I'm sorry, what?

I see that text, so you must be saying something, but all I hear is whining.

If you have problems, go to fan concepts and post your great ideas about how to improve this game. We'll welcome you with open arms!

Unless, of course, you have no real solutions, and are just repeating what so many others have said before, in which case... get off my plane,

I play for fun as well, but after a point, there's no progression to be had. After awhile playing without new goals to be had, things get can stale.

I have faith in DE, though. I expect Warframe to be a monster of an entirely different sort after a good amount of time passes.

Shame DE isn't the ones to have developed Unreal Tournament 4 (being announced next Thursday.)

I'm sorry, what?

I see that text, so you must be saying something, but all I hear is whining.

If you have problems, go to fan concepts and post your great ideas about how to improve this game. We'll welcome you with open arms!

Unless, of course, you have no real solutions, and are just repeating what so many others have said before, in which case... get off my plane,

I have written a way that DE could implement a story for the game in fan-concepts~ Wish it could be fully realized hahaha. 

But you do bring up some good points about how it is involving how it is primarily complaining about the experience of playing the game, but he does have valid points on why do we play this game? How many missions do we play a day that involve the same map.

I often pose the question of how logical the map set up is to how an actual ship would be designed... seeing the exact same room 3 times in a mission in various different directions makes me worry that the Grineer's ship actually is asymmetrical.

Read the first few lines; YUP.

more and more of us are realizing this. wake up DE. Just saying something should prolly change.

I 100% agree with every word

Edited by Zoike

@S.T.M.P.D The work DE has been focused on is not the right kind to improve what I discussed above, I believe that they are plenty capable of moving towards game play enriching goals, and the most important thing for them to do is to switch their focus, that is t most important message, how they go about developing the game, if they realize that their priorities are somewhat backwards, is up to them.

You're pretty much telling me you don't want to hear criticism, in some way you take offense, and in turn have replied back with a fairly rude comment. I would focus on creating those ideas you seem in such desperate need for, and not to criticizing those who are making an effort better the game.

Edited by Jamescell

well thankfully my videogame OCD kicks in by reminding me to complete and collect everything and level everything there is. So all the mods I'm lacking, Prime parts I need and the god forsaken codex scans will definitely keep me occupied in this game until future events pop up.