The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radial Disarm - Turn Runners Into Crawlers

Arunafeltz

Just an idea of making the ability a little wittle more useful against Infested, by removing the legs of Runners and turning them into Crawlers. And last I checked they don't stun Ancients as well. If they still don't, can the ability at least be made to momentarily stun Infested Ancients?

Good idea. 

Would also be cool if it disabled ancient's abilities.

RD is after all, an ult. It wouldn't do if the only thing it did against an entire faction is deal 500 impact damage against a single enemy type.

"Lets forth a wave of energy, disrupting the projectile weapons of enemies in range and forcing them to revert to melee combat."

"Lets forth a wave of energy, disrupting the projectile weapons of enemies in range and forcing them to revert to melee combat."

The answer is a simple, "no". 

If you want to use Loki against infested, make an invisibility build.

Good idea. 

Would also be cool if it disabled ancient's abilities.

RD is after all, an ult. It wouldn't do if the only thing it did against an entire faction is deal 500 impact damage against a single enemy type.

Makes sense. If we can fry a heavy grineer's weapon then why not take the sting out of the infested ancients too?

"Lets forth a wave of energy, disrupting the projectile weapons of enemies in range and forcing them to revert to melee combat."

I'm pretty sure that the ground slam that grineer heavies are so fond of using doesn't qualify as a projectile weapon but RD stops that. Why can't it work on ancients too?

Edited by Cybernetix

So an ability should remain near-useless against a particular faction because of a single word in its description? I guess I underestimated the power of words.

Already running one, but I still wouldn't mind seeing tweaks to an ability that would make my favourite male Warframe less of an "hurhurinvisibilitywin" frame against Infested. 

So an ability should remain near-useless against a particular faction because of a single word in its description? I guess I underestimated the power of words.

Already running one, but I still wouldn't mind seeing tweaks to an ability that would make my favourite male Warframe less of an "hurhurinvisibilitywin" frame against Infested. 

Refresh my memory, what is the ability called again?

Radial Disarm.

And he is fine being "near" useless, as there are so many other frames that you can play with against infested. 

"Each tool with its own purpose." - Challenge, own 10 frames.

Don't get locked to a single frame, that's boring. 

Refresh my memory, what is the ability called again?

Radial Disarm.

And he is fine being "near" useless, as there are so many other frames that you can play with against infested. 

"Each tool with its own purpose." - Challenge, own 10 frames.

Don't get locked to a single frame, that's boring. 

Can't we take Disarm more literally and rip their limbs off? 

I never said he was useless against Infested, I'm referring to this ability specifically. 

And yes, I have every Warframe in the game, but I embrace variety and diversity. I'd like to have some more fun with Loki against Infested enemies, and don't see the harm in buffing this ability against a faction it is so underpowered against.

perma-invisible, orthos prime/dakra prime/galatine/jat kittag/dragon nikana.

Not near useless by a large margin. just use the right build. Loki Master Race all the way, and I don't think Radial Disarm needs buffing. 

A skill does not need to be equally effective against all enemies or circumstances.

If anything, it could slow down the infested.

But I don't think it needs to be touched at all.

perma-invisible, orthos prime/dakra prime/galatine/jat kittag/dragon nikana.

Not near useless by a large margin. just use the right build. Loki Master Race all the way, and I don't think Radial Disarm needs buffing. 

A skill does not need to be equally effective against all enemies or circumstances.

If anything, it could slow down the infested.

But I don't think it needs to be touched at all.

buffing this ability against a faction it is so underpowered against.

this ability

ability

Even though it's significantly powerful against ranged enemies, I don't quite understand the argument of "that makes it okay for it to have no effect on Infested". That's like saying that Vortex shouldn't work on Grineer and Corpus because of how powerful it is against Infested.

Like Vortex, it should simply have reduced effectiveness on the other faction (in Vortex's case, not sucking in everything in sight due to less-predictable AI). Disarm should, at the very least, cause a non-damaging AoE stagger for Infested and melee units.

Just an idea of making the ability a little wittle more useful against Infested, by removing the legs of Runners and turning them into Crawlers. And last I checked they don't stun Ancients as well. If they still don't, can the ability at least be made to momentarily stun Infested Ancients?

err no?

shouldnt radial disarm only disable electronic/or machinery weaponry? and not organic parts?

err no?

shouldnt radial disarm only disable electronic/or machinery weaponry? and not organic parts?

I don't see why. It was simply designed to "disarm" enemies (hell, Runners even have their arms removed upon being hit with the skill, although all non-cosmetic effects were removed back before I joined the game). There isn't really anything that specifies "machinery" or "electronics".

The current concept refers only to ranged weaponry, but I don't see why concepts can't be tweaked slightly to accommodate gameplay improvements. Hell, if the devs were able to scrap the awesome Technocyte Nanobots description from Shadows of the Dead while adding nothing to gameplay, I'm certain that there won't be too much issue with changing a few words in RD's description to allow it to stagger Infested or something (if changing words is even necessary in the first place).

Lol, because DE have never updated a power's description to reflect a change they've made to the power before. *cough* Ember *Cough*

I'm a loki player..and I DONT agree with OP... simply put..reread the description of radial disarm... what ya wanna do? rip off the ancients tentacle? NO..JUST NO! if you dont know how to play with him against infested..you're not a true loki player... he's AMAZING against them..WITHOUT RD!

I'm a loki player..and I DONT agree with OP... simply put..reread the description of radial disarm... what ya wanna do? rip off the ancients tentacle? NO..JUST NO! if you dont know how to play with him against infested..you're not a true loki player... he's AMAZING against them..WITHOUT RD!

Sigh... I suppose that expecting people to think a little before they post is a little too much. Your comments on how I utilize my full-duration Loki(to great effectiveness) on Infested contributes nothing to this topic, so I won't press you on it. But brother, you have just brought up an interesting idea anyway. Ripping off their tentacles for a literal Dis-arm to disable their pimpslap attack does sound like it'll work better than just simply removing their Toxin aura/Disruption attack/Healing abilities. Though they'd probably need a weaker melee attack in its place, without the force knockdown mechanic.

Sigh... I suppose that expecting people to think a little before they post is a little too much. Your comments on how I utilize my full-duration Loki(to great effectiveness) on Infested contributes nothing to this topic, so I won't press you on it. But brother, you have just brought up an interesting idea anyway. Ripping off their tentacles for a literal Dis-arm to disable their pimpslap attack does sound like it'll work better than just simply removing their Toxin aura/Disruption attack/Healing abilities. Though they'd probably need a weaker melee attack in its place, without the force knockdown mechanic.

Headbutt :v

A stun at least would be much appreciated. I won't demand for RD to be some radical new gameplay-changing ability for Loki against Infested... it just doesn't seem right that an ability does virtually nothing against an entire faction.

Edited by Arunafeltz

disarm and dismembering are a bit different also it does a bit of damage to the chargers though I don't know why exactly.

If you talk about making sense for power effectiveness I'd say this one is on low priority, not totally against but I just think Loki doesn't need anything more in particular.