Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Revised Op] Would You Be Okay With Exclusive Items Retroactively Not Giving Mastery

funny how the majority of people saying yes are all non-Founders... You can't just say YES if you didn't spend money in the first place for the founder exclusives. The decision to remove mastery exp should be to the Design council, and Design council only. Like literally a poll for this IN THE DESIGN COUNCIL. I hope DE never considers all these yes answers in this thread, or any thread NOT in the design council. Everyone in the design council not only spent money, but also was around in the beginning. Giving feedback on all sorts of silly things. I have been here, and so have many others for a long time. To suddenly pull mastery off without discussing this on the Design council, and having a full poll built on it IN THE DESIGN COUNCIL is unfair to those who spent time, and money on the game. That's like if DE decided to reset the game an not refund you any of your platinum. You wouldn't like that now would you?

more like Warframe would be dead...

Yes...

Caught that, did you?

If I got here earlier and put more into it than someone else I should cut my own throat to make them feel better about it?

Negative...

We all bleed or no one does.

Since some jabroni has a complaint every week about exclusivity and advantages... Let's just clean the whole slate.

That way everyone can cry foul for the same reasons.

That way everyone can cry foul for the same reasons.

I agree to beat down on those who did manage to obtain currently unobtainable exclusives would be unfair, and everyone should suffer at the same time. Not just one group.

FWIW...

I'm actually cool with the OP's idea. My issues come from some of the comments I am seeing in this thread.

This shouldn't be another "Lobby against Founders" thread... just a means to establish parity at the implementation of a new system.

Some people always gotta take it that other direction it seems though.

I would be okay with the revised OP

This would not punish players who came earlier, and would not force me to *shudders* have an exp debt

In fact I think I would even support the revised OP, as it would keep focus on an equal playing field and make it so that focus doesn't involve some mega facepalm at rank 8 or 10 (as in mastery exp worth caps out then, defeating half the purposed purpose of the system)

This seems like a really bad idea to me, what this would actually result in is people quitting after they're suddenly asked to earn back a stack of mastery points before they can start upping their mastery.  It'd be better to take the mastery away rather than take away the feeling of steady progression.

This seems like a really bad idea to me, what this would actually result in is people quitting after they're suddenly asked to earn back a stack of mastery points before they can start upping their mastery.  It'd be better to take the mastery away rather than take away the feeling of steady progression.

Read the revised OP man, it no longer says to take away the mastery

Make focus only benefit players to the X mastery rank, where X is the highest mastery you can earn without any exclusives.

This still sounds unfair. So if above a certain mastery rank I can't benefit from focus at all? Talk about unfair. The purpose of Focus is to act as an extension beyond the max level. Otherwise it would be redundant to add a system like that if only low mastery rank players can enjoy it.

if only low mastery rank players can enjoy it.

The current maximum exp gap was 25% of the exp from 15 to 16 If I remember correctly (assuming the earlier post was correct) Meaning you would still get all the goodies up to 15, and oh noz dare I say it, have to wait with the rest of us to get that one rank 16 focus goodie. Oh noz so unfair, much discriminate, very bullS#&$

Actually having said that, I realize I don't care either way. Oh noz I might have to see people with little more then me for a little while. such unfair, much elitist

Both sides have merit in this discussion

Edited by reltats

Slightly irrelevant OP:

Please watch this video if you believe there is no point to mastery XP: http://youtu.be/CNtzE7BTUV8?t=16m25s

Quick question to the community, please answer it assuming changes are made to the game in this way:

1. Anything you can't get by playing the game right now would not give mastery XP

2. Any mastery XP you've earned would not be taken away from you, but you would have to earn an equal amount of mastery before your XP bar would increase again

(example)

You level 3 exclusive items, earning 9,000 mastery XP and leaving you at 27,000 master XP. A change is made removing mastery from exclusives, so you will have to earn 9,000 mastery XP before you gain mastery XP again, although you will stay at 27,000 mastery the entire time. Once you've earned 9,100 mastery you would be at 27,100 mastery, as if the item never gave mastery in the first place.

The reason I am asking:

There is no doubt that veteran players have an advantage over newer players. We have weapons, mods, and now helmets they can't have. The new focus system will be based on mastery level which means without a certain amount of exclusives, you will not be able to reach a certain tier of your focus tree. Someone starting today would not have acess to 45,000 mastery XP that is available to other players. The power gap between new and old players will only increase as long as the amount of exclusives does given the planned implementation of focus. I think it's a balance issue worth considering, and I don't know if the rest of the community would be willing to give up its exclusive mastery points for the sake of a level playing field. I also think the feeling of never being able to reach the level cap is very discouraging to newer players.

My personal answer is yes. Even though I am only missing one weapon and the power disparity would not affect me negatively.

While the issues I'm trying to discuss and reasoning I am using is still relevant, I think this would actually be a better solution, after pondering it:

Make focus only benefit players to the X mastery rank, where X is the highest mastery you can earn without any exclusives.

Still no.

Hell no. I plan on playing this game till hopefully the servers never shut down. I want to be a MR 20+ one day, PVP raiding on a fellow Tennos Dojo sacking thier vault... I dont have many missables but the ones who got it shouldnt suffer for the masses who didnt even know what warframe was in 2013. Its a good system.

The current maximum exp gap was 25% of the exp from 15 to 16 If I remember correctly (assuming the earlier post was correct) Meaning you would still get all the goodies up to 15, and oh noz dare I say it, have to wait with the rest of us to get that one rank 16 focus goodie. Oh noz so unfair, much discriminate, very bullS#&$

Actually having said that, I realize I don't care either way. Oh noz I might have to see people with little more then me for a little while. such unfair, much elitist

Both sides have merit in this discussion

Not really... Your discussing things that has nothing to do with you. That's like saying special needs kids should have scholarships taken away because no one else has those special needs and therefore no one should benefit from this. (which would have made me a highschool drop out if it wasn't for such amazing programs).

Do you hear yourself? the example list can go on... Focus would be awful this way. Focus should be build around the way DE originally said it would be. As that was more work with worthy. Why punish those who worked so hard to reach Mastery rank 15-16? We EARNED those ranks through our determination to use AWFUL WEAPONS, and AWFUL WARFRAMES. We were like the Vanguard of the community. We went ahead, and set things right. We tested all the content before you. We dealt with the changes. We gave DE our Feedback. We helped them identify bugs in the very beginning. Why should the players who have been here longer, and worked hard, and even supported DE have to suffer?

Not really... Your discussing things that has nothing to do with you. That's like saying special needs kids should have scholarships taken away because no one else has those special needs and therefore no one should benefit from this. (which would have made me a highschool drop out if it wasn't for such amazing programs).

False parallel, Education is way different then a video game ranking system. To draw such a parallel is insulting to say the least.

Do you hear yourself? the example list can go on... Focus would be awful this way. Focus should be build around the way DE originally said it would be. As that was more work with worthy. Why punish those who worked so hard to reach Mastery rank 15-16? We EARNED those ranks through our determination to use AWFUL WEAPONS, and AWFUL WARFRAMES. We were like the Vanguard of the community. We went ahead, and set things right. We tested all the content before you. We dealt with the changes. We gave DE our Feedback. We helped them identify bugs in the very beginning. Why should the players who have been here longer, and worked hard, and even supported DE have to suffer?

You say that as if this game is in full release and you started so much sooner then everyone else. Congrats you spent some money on the game and feel so entailed because you have that pop up next to your name. The rest of ranked all the "AWFUL WARFRAMES" and "AWFUL WEAPONS" as you put it, we are talking about Exclusives. Making it so that the top focus stuff is accessible to everyone would remove the power despairity that has potential to show for brief periods.

But oh noz then all the "grand masters" wont be able to show off how they are entitled to do everything first because they payed money first because they happened to have an excess of money available at the time they were willing to risk on a game that could have been a total flop

Its people like you that make me want the exclusives to be available solely so you can get off your high horses already. I have a decent number of "exclusives" but you don't see me running around spouting off that I deserve this and that because of it.

Edited by reltats

False parallel, Education is way different then a video game ranking system. To draw such a parallel is insulting to say the least.

You say that as if this game is in full release and you started so much sooner then everyone else. Congrats you spent some money on the game and feel so entailed because you have that pop up next to your name. The rest of ranked all the "AWFUL WARFRAMES" and "AWFUL WEAPONS" as you put it, we are talking about Exclusives. Making it so that the top focus stuff is accessible to everyone would remove the power despairity that has potential to show for brief periods.

But oh noz then all the "grand masters" wont be able to show off how they are entitled to do everything first because they payed money first because they happened to have an excess of money available at the time they were willing to risk on a game that could have been a total flop

Its people like you that make me want the exclusives to be available solely so you can get off your high horses already. I have a decent number of "exclusives" but you don't see me running around spouting off that I deserve this and that because of it.

Not about deserving it. Its about working for it. I already worked for it. I pay my dues everyday by going through the game, and finding problems, and reporting them.

I am standing up for all the players who are not here with us anymore, but could comeback to a game where there exclusives have no mastery rank xp, and where their high mastery rank could mean they don't benefit anymore. I stand up for every Founder who spends their days playing the game instead of being here. It would be a bad move on DE's part to screw over hundreds if not thousands of players who became founders. Their reputation could be damaged by just those people alone spreading the word of DE's unfair treatment of those who came before. This isn't about selfishness. This about how a company treats its players. DE should treat everyone fairly of course, but it should also treat those THEY MADE AN AGREEMENT WITH with respect, and RESPECT the agreement they gave to us. Not add on "oh you don't get this" a year later just because we had exclusives which don't really bump us up by much. Like what? 5 items? No just 3. Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime. The ORIGINAL three exclusives no one else will get. That's a very small some. That hardly puts a dent in the numbers, but DE would also literally have to double that amount to regain in a Warframe that gets double mastery rank exp to make up for Excalibur prime, and has speedier level up process. Along with a secondary, and a melee that does the same. In order to make up for the damage done exp wise.

But then you made a revise about screwing over those with a higher mastery rank. Did you ever think not everyone at the top made it there with Excalibur prime, skana prime, and lato prime? Should they also be punished? NO! That would be wrong! They shouldn't suffer for what we did, but no one should suffer in the end, and no one is suffering game wise from a lack of THOSE THREE ITEMS. (due to the fact vandals, and wraiths can come back in future events). It is not a game changer to have... THOSE THREE ITEMS. Infact originally Skana Prime before Melee 2.0 was SLOW... SO VERY SLOW. It had the slowest animation of any long sword weapon in the game. Infact I think it still is slower than Skana. It had an awkward animation of just chopping like wielding an axe with two hands. It was pretty with a unique long sword animation. Seriously though NEW PLAYERS WILL NOT SUFFER WITHOUT THOSE THREE ITEMS... Nor will they notice I till someone points it out. Its not like people are running around pumping, and showing off their founder gear anyway. So its not like they will know.

Also Founders don't flaunt. Its everyone else who flaunts. Don't deny that every once in awhile someone shows up in game on mercury on terminus and just flaunts their big bad super weapon infront of all the new players going... "oh look at me. I am so awesome. Do you want to be like me? Guess what? YOU CANT BECAUSE YOUR A NOOB!"

That is reality...

The founders have cared for this community since the beginning... To punish them for being Founders, and working hard to shape up the community as it is today would be disgraceful...

Edited by Arlayn

I am standing up for all the players who are not here with us anymore, but could comeback to a game where there exclusives have no mastery rank xp,

All I had to see to realize you have not read the revised OP

Thats no longer what is being discussed

All I had to see to realize you have not read the revised OP

Thats no longer what is being discussed

you need to read the rest then as it does update into the rest. I am explaining how you had no respect for founders, and then had no respect further on for the rest of the player base who made it to mastery rank 15 WITHOUT EXCLUSIVES!!!

I can be okay with that. Focus being tied in to Mastery Rank is cool and all, but if people are going to have that big of a problem with it, then sure, let DE change it.

I'm still Rank 13 and have a long way to go, so this probably won't affect me as of yet.

Not about deserving it. Its about working for it. I already worked for it. I pay my dues everyday by going through the game, and finding problems, and reporting them.

I am standing up for all the players who are not here with us anymore, but could comeback to a game where there exclusives have no mastery rank xp, and where their high mastery rank could mean they don't benefit anymore. I stand up for every Founder who spends their days playing the game instead of being here. It would be a bad move on DE's part to screw over hundreds if not thousands of players who became founders. Their reputation could be damaged by just those people alone spreading the word of DE's unfair treatment of those who came before. This isn't about selfishness. This about how a company treats its players. DE should treat everyone fairly of course, but it should also treat those THEY MADE AN AGREEMENT WITH with respect, and RESPECT the agreement they gave to us. Not add on "oh you don't get this" a year later just because we had exclusives which don't really bump us up by much. Like what? 5 items? No just 3. Excalibur Prime, Skana Prime, and Lato Prime. The ORIGINAL three exclusives no one else will get. That's a very small some. That hardly puts a dent in the numbers, but DE would also literally have to double that amount to regain in a Warframe that gets double mastery rank exp to make up for Excalibur prime, and has speedier level up process. Along with a secondary, and a melee that does the same. In order to make up for the damage done exp wise.

But then you made a revise about screwing over those with a higher mastery rank. Did you ever think not everyone at the top made it there with Excalibur prime, skana prime, and lato prime? Should they also be punished? NO! That would be wrong! They shouldn't suffer for what we did, but no one should suffer in the end, and no one is suffering game wise from a lack of THOSE THREE ITEMS. (due to the fact vandals, and wraiths can come back in future events). It is not a game changer to have... THOSE THREE ITEMS. Infact originally Skana Prime before Melee 2.0 was SLOW... SO VERY SLOW. It had the slowest animation of any long sword weapon in the game. Infact I think it still is slower than Skana. It had an awkward animation of just chopping like wielding an axe with two hands. It was pretty with a unique long sword animation. Seriously though NEW PLAYERS WILL NOT SUFFER WITHOUT THOSE THREE ITEMS... Nor will they notice I till someone points it out. Its not like people are running around pumping, and showing off their founder gear anyway. So its not like they will know.

We are not talking about those just those three items, and we are not talking about taking anything away from them. What was suggested in the revised OP is that people with the extra mastery exp get to wait with those that don't for new focus stuff. But apparently this is a punishment. how dare someone suggest you wait with the common folk huh?

I think it would be great actually, it would be more along the lines of hey you got an exclusive, now you don't have to rank that awful awful Paris or Hind, or have to rank regular frost on top of frost prime

Edited by reltats

We are not talking about those just those three items, and we are not talking about taking anything away from them. What was suggested in the revised OP is that people with the extra mastery exp get to wait with those that don't for new focus stuff. But apparently this is a punishment. how dare someone suggest you wait with the common folk huh?

I think it would be great actually, it would be more along the lines of hey you got an exclusive, now you don't have to rank that awful awful Paris or Hind, or have to rank regular frost on top of frost prime

Wait? You just suggested that people who are low mastery rank get MORE focus benefits then those with high mastery rank. So what because 16 is the highest I would get... ONE benefit, and someone at mastery rank 1 would get 15 benefits? That's unfair, and belittling. Do you just outright hate people who have been around Warframe longer than you or what?