The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Balanced Nerf To Trinity Blessing

Mastikator2

Here's the problem with Trinity's Blessing. You can activate it, then activate link, then just kill anything by blasting yourself with Penta.

The good thing about Blessing is that it heals everyone and gets you out of tight spots.

A nerf needs to end the gamebreaking part without making it useless (don't tell me anything less than MP is useless, if you think that, just go away).

Blessing's invulnerability should be replaced with a 100% damage reduction that goes linearly to 0% as the duration runs out. If it lasts 10 seconds then at second zero you take zero percent damage, at second 2 you take 20% damage (still huge damage reduction), by second 5 you take 50% (still respectable damage reduction), by second 9 you take 90% damage. If it lasts 3 seconds then you take 66% by 2 seconds, if it lasts 28 seconds then you take 50% at 14 seconds.

It gets you out of tight spots and gives you a massive help, but you die if you try to shoot at your legs with the Ogris.

Still extremely useful and powerful, but not abuse-able.

Edit- the point is to make Trinity a good option 30 minutes into T3 Survival, but not a make-or-break choice.

Edited by Mastikator2

The reason why people kill stuff with Blessing + Link + Penta to the face is because Link by itself does nothing in damage when Enemies shoot at you.

If Blessing gets nerfed it will be nerfed completely different from what people suggest here in the forums.. meaning a rework changing not only the invulnerability mechanic but also the way of (and if) it heals, cast animation (time) and range.

When this is done i hope Scott makes the right choice and reworks/buffs the other skills in the same go because right now Blessing is bread and butter for Trinitys viability. If Blessing is toned down she becomes pretty much useless. Noone uses her first 2 skills (hell .. i dont even have them equipped because Rage/Energy Siphon with Blessing do the trick just fine, are faster and basically fro free), Link is only Good for damage when you provide the damage yourself (Penta, Castanas, Stug) so what's left is Blessing which, to be honest, is one boring skill.. Press 4, get fully healed and enter "Don't care Mode" for 24 seconds.

What Trinity needs is not only a Blessing nerf but 3 other, viable Skills.

My 2 cents

Why not just negate entirely self inflicted damage with Link when Blessing is on? I don't like % reduction in Warframe and I think it's not a viable option, simply because of the damage scaling. Fix damage scaling, then and only then change Blessing.

We only need Blessing because enemies have two things : Perfect aim (seriously, they start shooting at you with perfect accuracy the nanosecond you get out of cover, the only reason some miss is because their weapon has bad accuracy... I mean WTH?!), broken damage scaling makes even the basic footman kill you in 4-5 shots or even less for squishy frames or frames that have no "defensive" abilities past a certain point. By fixing these 2 issues alone, I'm pretty sure most people would have no problem with a nerf-errrr sorry hum hum- "rework" of Blessing.

And from personnal experience, at 30 minutes in a T3 survival, you're more looking for a Nekros than a Trinity. DAT oxygen.

Trinity becomes "necessary" after an hour though. Unless you have a good team comprised of people you know are reliable and good at "surviving", although even that has limits.^^'

So wouldn't the problem really be with Link, and not Blessing?

I'm ranking through Trinity now and Link is boring. Her first two abilities are boring. Blessing brings it together for her, but...boring. I would have more fun just using Penta as Penta is intended.

If one thing is changing, the entire kit needs to be refreshed. I'm all for combination abilities, but it shouldn't be so reliant on a specific weapon.

Personally, I think it should go in a different direction: Energy Vampire should trade health for energy, be treated as damage, and cause Link to hurt enemies. Blessing can just function as is, with a decreasing "invulnerability" over time.

sigh, not this again

nerf trinity=high lvl survivals or high wave defence becomes close to impossible, and yes there are players that go to outer teminus and other maps  just to battle lvl 600+ enemies

give frosts globe a buff instead

btw Trinity is one of the best and worst frames in the game

Leave blessing alone, lvl 600+ mobs are hard enough as is.

Blessing is not OP,

Infact a buff for when you need it in high lvl defence or survivals would be a good idea.

Or just cut the casting time by 75% =)

And the following frames should get some love and atention

Ash

-Banshee

-Saryn

-Oberon

-Nekros

sigh, not this again

nerf trinity=high lvl survivals or high wave defence becomes close to impossible, and yes there are players that go to outer teminus and other maps  just to battle lvl 600+ enemies

Leave blessing alone, lvl 600+ mobs are hard enough as is.

Blessing is not OP,

Infact a buff for when you need it in high lvl defence or survivals would be a good idea.

Ash

-Banshee

-Saryn

-Oberon

-Nekros

Were not meant to go that high

God mode is broken

sigh, not this again

nerf trinity=high lvl survivals or high wave defence becomes close to impossible, and yes there are players that go to outer teminus and other maps just to battle lvl 600+ enemies

Leave blessing alone, lvl 600+ mobs are hard enough as is.

Blessing is not OP,

Ash

-Banshee

-Saryn

-Oberon

-Nekros

I'm sorry, but stupid-high content is not a reasonable excuse. Endless content isn't designed to be balanced, as DE have said. Enemies at that point are meant to kill you instantly as a massive deterrent. Trinity and her god mode are broken and need a rebalance.

Edit: useless self gratification on 400 posts <3

Edited by DeejayPwny

and I say let loose the hounds of war and wreck havoc upon the the lvl 600+

And if you nerf blessing I'll just switch to a maxed radial disarm and then we will still be able to kill them all with a loki + vauban combo....

so give up blessing is no op it's only the easiest way to do things in high lvl random groups

I agree with nerfing trinity, but I also hate the "we were not meant to go that high" argument. It's an endless mission to go as far as possible. Don't put it in the game if it's not intended. If there's no end point to the mission then we're meant to go until either failure or victory. Leaving before victory is a fail to me.

Also, link is the biggest issue. If they made it so you couldn't reflect damage while blessed (immune) this would fix a lot of things. For those of you saying that link doesn't hurt enemies alone, that may be true at low levels but around 1500ish they begin to instantly kill themselves with their own damage. So that is why you can't just fix suicide weapons, you have to fix all of link on blessing. The problem with making it a damage reduction is that at some point, regardless of it being 99% reduction, if they're high enough level they will still one shot you through that. Then what?

I agree with nerfing trinity, but I also hate the "we were not meant to go that high" argument. It's an endless mission to go as far as possible. Don't put it in the game if it's not intended. If there's no end point to the mission then we're meant to go until either failure or victory. Leaving before victory is a fail to me.

Also, link is the biggest issue. If they made it so you couldn't reflect damage while blessed (immune) this would fix a lot of things. For those of you saying that link doesn't hurt enemies alone, that may be true at low levels but around 1500ish they begin to instantly kill themselves with their own damage. So that is why you can't just fix suicide weapons, you have to fix all of link on blessing. The problem with making it a damage reduction is that at some point, regardless of it being 99% reduction, if they're high enough level they will still one shot you through that. Then what?

Its literally not intended

The whole idea is to go until you cant handle the enemy anymore

With trinity its more like go until you get bored or run out of life support because theres no way youll die

Its literally not intended

The whole idea is to go until you cant handle the enemy anymore

With trinity its more like go until you get bored or run out of life support because theres no way youll die

It's still possible to go forever without trinity. It's just more difficult without it (more up-time of spamming abilities from other frames and probably more awareness). The mission is called "endless", therefore any length I want to achieve should be intended. Otherwise they should make it so the mission ends (which contradicts endless). "Go until you can't handle the enemy anymore" So..fail? Yeah I don't want to fail, sorry. Failing is not fun.

It's still possible to go forever without trinity. It's just more difficult without it (more up-time of spamming abilities from other frames and probably more awareness). The mission is called "endless", therefore any length I want to achieve should be intended. Otherwise they should make it so the mission ends (which contradicts endless). "Go until you can't handle the enemy anymore" So..fail? Yeah I don't want to fail, sorry. Failing is not fun.

Much more difficult by far

It requires more frame synergy and careful gameplay

Trinity forces that out

If you dont want to fail then leave when youre supposed to instead of relying on a broken game mechanic

You know whats fun?

Seeing how far you can get when the chance of failure is a real thing

Edited by Azawarau

Much more difficult by far

It requires more frame synergy and careful gameplay

Trinity forces that out

If you dont want to fail then leave when youre supposed to instead of relying on a broken game mechanic

You know whats fun?

Seeing how far you can get when the chance of failure is a real thing

I don't understand. If I fail, then I'll try again to do better. To eventually not failing at all. Pretty simple to understand. Why would you do a mission expecting to fail? If you come in knowing you're going to fail, you'll never succeed. Pete Rose (was a professional baseball player), had a reporter once tell him "Pete you have to do 75 home runs to beat the record, how many times do you think you'll have to go up to bat?" Pete said, It'll take me 75 times. The reporter said "Wow, you think you're going to hit a home run every time?" He responded with if he doesn't expect to get a home-run every single time he goes to bat he has no business going up to that plate. You don't go into things expecting to fail, you go in expecting to win. That's how you succeed. Chance of failure is always a real thing, with or without trinity. Doesn't mean you should accept it as a normal thing.