The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Looking Yet Powerful, Non-Prime Primary Weapon, Perhaps Braton Mk-2(Or Any Assault Rifle), Would Be Appreciated

Cemges

Looking at every single primary weapon in game, I just cant find a weapon that is good looking, non prime, powerful and reliable at the same time. I take the braton in my hand, it looks waesome, but i know its power cant go along with type of missions I do. I take my prime weapons, and they look hell ugly in hands of none prime warframes.  I do look at some skins but stil... I take my soma in my hand and honestly its still too ugly, even though its my best weapon. Even forest camo cant get it good, in fact is becomes worse with that skin. Nothing stands in hand like braton does. But braton prime, besides its mediocre firepower, still ugly and  has those ornamental gold stuff, which i only can like in a set.

Why wouldnt you make a braton like, high tier, research weapon? I mean, attica looks damn cool, but than it is way too weak over anything. It feels so bad not being able to have a good braton like but high level weapon in hands of my excalibur. So all I am saying is I would appreciate a weapon that is good looking, non prime, strong and research only, and yet reliable in terms of firing mechanics, that might be a custom tenno variant of braton or anything, added to game and is kinda an iconic weapon for higher level players to carry., all at once. Of course I dont seek the highest dps, but around braton prime would be ok, and mastery could be around 7 too. But again, I dont want to suggest a weapon itself, what i want is a high level assault rifle simply.

I hope there are more people thinking like me.

Edited by Cemges

I'm gonna have to agree with O.P.

I have several Primaries, but still Main Braton. and Boltor is fugly as f*ck...
(And Burston is a goddamn Burst rifle... Yuck...)

Edited by CenSilver

Well, you are asking for a good looking weapon but you say that 100% of the weapons are ugly, the only thin i can suggest is make a weapon concept, and don't be so dense... There are a lot of good looking weapons, you just don't like anything...

Well, you are asking for a good looking weapon but you say that 100% of the weapons are ugly, the only thin i can suggest is make a weapon concept, and don't be so dense... There are a lot of good looking weapons, you just don't like anything...

No I mean, those that are powerful are just, well a little ugly or too exotic

Grinlok is sexy as F***, but I don't know if that thing can work in "high" level missions, let's say, level 60 and above Heavy Corrupted Grineers.

The same heavy gunners I can still one-shot at level 50, I presume?

Build for status, critical, and corrosive, and always, aim for the head. It's my go-to weapon through them all.

Edited by Seele

The same heavy gunners I can still one-shot at level 50, I presume?

Build for status, critical, and corrosive, and always, aim for the head. It's my go-to weapon through them all.

I have one forma on it because I love the kind of weapon it is, but even with the insane status the damage output I had wasnt good enough to keep using formas on it and aim for high level missions. 

I have one forma on it because I love the kind of weapon it is, but even with the insane status the damage output I had wasnt good enough to keep using formas on it and aim for high level missions. 

http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Grinlok/t_30_00032222_132-6-5-133-3-5-134-5-5-137-4-10-140-1-5-153-0-3-159-7-5-265-2-3_153-9-140-9-265-7-133-6-137-7-134-6-132-8-159-5/en/2-0-43/5084/0

My build if you wish to emulate it, 4 forma.

grinlok is not an assault riffle? dera, karak and grakata are grineer and corpus assault rifles. Soma seems to be the only tenno assault rifle so far, and it feels more like a ligh machine gun as someone said. Braton is not even tenno actually, its corpus design. the only tenno version of the braton would be the vandal model? it doesnt realy matter, we still need a Tenno assault riffle, i agree with OP. maybe DE could make some event where we get an item to convert a regular braton into a "super" braton. A BP should do, xp locked ofcourse... Mk-2 super-braton. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mothe... ehemm....grineer in the room, accept no substitutes.

That's pretty much the kind of build I wanted, but changing the Infested Clip for Malignant Force. And I would need 3 forma for that instead of 4 ^^

You guys might have Soma burn out at this point, but he is describing it perfectly.

It's not FoTM anymore, it's a fun weapon to use again.

Good Range. Good Damage VS any faction. Easy to "max" (only need 2-3 forma). Easy to build.

It's gone from Power creep Lamesauce to the People's Champion Gun now. I fully recommend it.

That's pretty much the kind of build I wanted, but changing the Infested Clip for Malignant Force. And I would need 3 forma for that instead of 4 ^^

Well, if you have Malignant Force, by all means.

grinlok is not an assault riffle? dera, karak and grakata are grineer and corpus assault rifles. Soma seems to be the only tenno assault rifle so far, and it feels more like a ligh machine gun as someone said. Braton is not even tenno actually, its corpus design. the only tenno version of the braton would be the vandal model? it doesnt realy matter, we still need a Tenno assault riffle, i agree with OP. maybe DE could make some event where we get an item to convert a regular braton into a "super" braton. A BP should do, xp locked ofcourse... Mk-2 super-braton. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mothe... ehemm....grineer in the room, accept no substitutes.

Where ever in this thread does the OP mention that he's looking for an 'assault rifle'?

The OP has said 'primary weapon' in literally every instance.

It's in the title:  "Perhaps Braton Mk-2(Or Any Assault Rifle) "

Fair enough, although that's an equally erroneous and egregiously overused term either way.

There are zero assault rifles in this game.

Fair enough, although that's an equally erroneous and egregiously overused term either way.

There are zero assault rifles in this game.

Well braton is an assault rifle. I just want a better one to use at higher levels, perhaps something closer to famas.

Well braton is an assault rifle. I just want a better one to use at higher levels, perhaps something closer to famas.

An assault rifle is a select fire rifle utilizing a detachable magazine feed system.

There are no assault rifles in Warframe. There are fully automatic riflessemi-automatic rifles, and burst rifles.

An assault rifle is a select fire rifle utilizing a detachable magazine feed system.

There are no assault rifles in Warframe. There are fully automatic riflessemi-automatic rifles, and burst rifles.

While I'm impressed you know the proper description of them (Seriously. How many people on this forum have no idea what the different weapon classes are actually characterized by?) I have to point out that assault rifles have pretty much come to be simply fully automatic rifles in modern games.

Very few games these days have fire mode selections. It's far easier to control with a mouse than with a trigger, so I think developers don't feel they're needed.

While I'm impressed you know the proper description of them (Seriously. How many people on this forum have no idea what the different weapon classes are actually characterized by?) I have to point out that assault rifles have pretty much come to be simply fully automatic rifles in modern games.

Very few games these days have fire mode selections. It's far easier to control with a mouse than with a trigger, so I think developers don't feel they're needed.

Ok ok so braton is an smg or something else, not differentiated enough from an assault rifle though. We still need something close to these

A Braton would actually be more of an LMG or auto rifle, I feel. It seems to fire too large of a caliber for an SMG.

Actually, come to think of it, a Braton would be more of a PDW(Personal Defense Weapon.)

But yeah, very few games have actually realistic assault rifles.