The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Community Moderator Appreciation Thread

DJ-7809

Hi there!  So this is a thread about the unsung heroes of the Warframe community, Moderators.

Soooo I'm not the perfect angel Tenno.  Teehee, I've lost my temper a few times, and the mods made sure to let me know.  Out of my 400-something posts, I've only had 2 warnings, so I think I"m doing fairly well overall.  But the thing that's really been dazzling me, is the hard work and dedication that these guys have been putting into it, while still remaining unbiased and keeping a level head.  Letter13 PM'd me about a recent thread I created, he had to take it down because while my intentions weren't poor, it would have started a flamewar of epic proportions.  He took the time to tell me that he appreciated what I was writing about, but that sort of post had erupted in flamewar in the past.  Didn't even make it a Warning post, just took it down quick and had a nice conversation with me.

I just wanted to thank each and every one of you Community Moderators out there, you guys are the reason Warframe even HAS a community, otherwise it'd be a hellish mess of arguments. :/ You guys and gals really do deserve a medal or something for putting up with us super-geeks who like to argue about every single detail of the game.

A big thank you to everyone with the green usernames, keeping this game awesome as ever!

Now do you guys have any cool stories to share with us?  The day you were chosen to become the green-text heroes of Warframe?  Perhaps when a user surprised you in some way?  Weird internet poodle videos?  Share it with us!

They're great people who're great at their jobs. I'm particularly impressed by Tulzscha's endless campaign of moving things to the proper section.

Haha yeah!  They're unsung heroes.  A lot of people look at them as White Knights, but they're 100% unbiased.  I love 'em.

Oh, you do -- it's Letter13. He's Dogeer because... well, his avatar is a Grineer Bombard. Except it's a doge.

Ohhhh haha.  Yeah I thought that was an actual mod username haha.

But yeah I like Letter.  He's cool.  (Or She?)

The mods can be scumbags some times...but i'll give them the benefit of the doubt since they let me post troll post around update time. So we cool.

For now.

I haven't seen them be scumbags...They're pretty good at their jobs.  Keeping unbiased, level-headed.  I've never seen one act rashly.

When you have to call a moderator out on his childish actions in a thread, which is followed by him deleting both his post and the responses, I cannot stress how little appreciation I can give towards that certain moderator.

I guess letter13 is OK, but he sometimes moves discussion threads that are actually discussion based threads masked as feedback by other community members because they sometimes add opinions about how the thing or subject at hand could be better.

EDIT: Other moderators I haven't really seen around much in my little amount of time spent on the forums.

Edited by Rainbee

When you have to call a moderator out on his childish actions in a thread, which is followed by him deleting both his post and the responses, I cannot stress how little appreciation I can give towards that certain moderator.

I guess letter13 is OK, but he sometimes moves discussion threads that are actually discussion based threads masked as feedback by other community members because they sometimes add opinions about how the thing or subject at hand could be better.

EDIT: Other moderators I haven't really seen around much in my little amount of time spent on the forums.

Hey hey hey!   I don't think Moderators have acted childish in the past...this is the APPRECIATION thread.  Go make your own thread and complain about these good people's work.

Well, if you are interested...

I used to be a volunteer moderator in another F2P game. Smaller than Warframe, in another language.

Overall it was a pretty nice experience. Having a special relationship with the GameMasters, helping them with the events, playing the Dev Test server.

It wasn't really my job to moderate the forum, more like an In-game moderator.

I saw a great amount of stupidity. But like I said, overall it was nice. Had to deal with children rather than malicious trolls.

We all had some rerolls without our "title" just to play in peace from time to time.

I was noticed by the others moderators and game masters because I translated a lot of guides on the forum in my language, because I was often helping people on the regional chat and also because my Guild master was a moderator herself.