The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Invert Tigris Trigger Mechanic Please

The_Sharp_Demonologist

SO im trying Tigris and its not that bad, my problem is that the Trigger is driving me CRAZY! This trigger mechanic has been bothering me since its announcement but never talked abut it since i couldnt try it, now that i have it my fears where true.

Here is the thing: If you pres the trigger once you shoot both shells, if you hold the trigger you shoot one and then shoot the other on release. maybe its just me but shouldnt it be the other way around? Its REALLY unintuitive and cripples what would be a great ammo economy.

You should fire a shot per click or hold it to shoot both in a row, or why not just leave it semi-auto like other double barrel shotguns? or maybe holding it will shoot both at the same time.

I like double barrel shotguns, they are usually pretty fun and old school but the Tigris trigger is really crippling what would be an exelent shotgun. Plz DE help this poor gun :(

What is wrong with holding it? You can just save the second shot for something else, or reload to cancel between shots. The trigger was done this way to allow a very quick burst, while also accommodating people who want to spread their shots out.

im not saying is weak im just saying that the trigger is Unintuitive

Welcome to months ago, when the Tigris was released and people were saying the same thing.

A horrible firing mechanism and a slow reload time absolutely kill this weapon. No reason to ever use it over the Boar Prime or Phage (or Strun Wraith, if you have one).

SO im trying Tigris and its not that bad, my problem is that the Trigger is driving me CRAZY! This trigger mechanic has been bothering me since its announcement but never talked abut it since i couldnt try it, now that i have it my fears where true.

Here is the thing: If you pres the trigger once you shoot both shells, if you hold the trigger you shoot one and then shoot the other on release. maybe its just me but shouldnt it be the other way around? Its REALLY unintuitive and cripples what would be a great ammo economy.

You should fire a shot per click or hold it to shoot both in a row, or why not just leave it semi-auto like other double barrel shotguns? or maybe holding it will shoot both at the same time.

I like double barrel shotguns, they are usually pretty fun and old school but the Tigris trigger is really crippling what would be an exelent shotgun. Plz DE help this poor gun :(

I like the way the Tigris shoots and the trigger mechanism is intuitive for me.  When I press and hold to fire once, having my finger on the trigger gives me the sense that I'm still ready and waiting to line up the second shot.  (Pull the trigger to down the first target, release the trigger when the second is lined up.)  If I don't need the second shot, I hit reload and release the trigger.  (I think of this as carefully exiting a ready stance and reloading.)  With the quick tap, I fire off both rounds and my finger leaves the ready position, while I'm reloading for the next shot.

What is wrong with holding it? You can just save the second shot for something else, or reload to cancel between shots. The trigger was done this way to allow a very quick burst, while also accommodating people who want to spread their shots out.

It's harder to aim when you holding the button and thus pressing down your mouse.

Hardly.

I use paris prime a lot, and stug, and ogris, and lanka.

It's nothing.

Holding the button while searching for the next target is one thing. Moving the cursor after shooting an enemy while holding a button is another.

I still have no idea what they were thinking when they gave this weapon a two shot burst mode?

And yes it's essentialy just a burst fire mode. If you put in a magazine increasing mod to get three shots only the first two will be fired, for the third you need to press the trigger key again.

Did they though players would have issues double tapping their trigger key? 

I've never seen another shooter were double barreled shotguns work like that.

So yeah it should be the other way around. Single press = single shot. Holding down = burst fire.

I'd rather it be like this: LMB to shoot one barrel, RMB to shoot both barrels at once

So like in Metro 2033? Well the problem would be that you can't fine aim anymore. Though the Penta is doing the same, so yeah might be a better alternative.

Edited by Othergrunty

Holding the button while searching for the next target is one thing. Moving the cursor after shooting an enemy while holding a button is another.

Depends on how quickly you rehold down the button.

And also, tigris should have been on the list. When I get more slot, I'm remaking it.

But, the slots i have are for melees for the moment.

If the trigger wasn't so wonky, Tigris would be the only shotgun I use. Right now it's sitting in my inventory collecting dust, at rank 18. I just can't use it, even for Mastery...

I'll take the LMB/RMB, click for one round/hold for two or even a "vanilla" semi-automatic trigger over the one it has. Hek, give it a full-auto trigger, cut the damage and reload time by %50. It wouldn't be efficient, but at least its useable. LMB/RMB gets my vote, though.

I have all of the bows, Ogris, Penta and Lanka. Those are a breeze to use. I just can't rewire my brain to work Tigris efficiently.

Welcome to months ago, when the Tigris was released and people were saying the same thing.

A horrible firing mechanism and a slow reload time absolutely kill this weapon. No reason to ever use it over the Boar Prime or Phage (or Strun Wraith, if you have one).

Maybe you should actually try using it before proclaiming it worthless. Great range, very little spread, and very fast burst. Also the fire-rate means basically nothing since the shots can fire literally instantaneously with each other.

To those asking to remove the zoom for the second trigger I would say you'd be gimping one of the best things about the shotgun, its accuracy and tight pellet spread. Vicious Spread is almost a requirement because without the spread increase you can't land a blast across more than one enemy before hitting well into damage drop-off territory.

If the trigger wasn't so wonky, Tigris would be the only shotgun I use. Right now it's sitting in my inventory collecting dust, at rank 18. I just can't use it, even for Mastery...

I'll take the LMB/RMB, click for one round/hold for two or even a "vanilla" semi-automatic trigger over the one it has. Hek, give it a full-auto trigger, cut the damage and reload time by %50. It wouldn't be efficient, but at least its useable. LMB/RMB gets my vote, though.

I have all of the bows, Ogris, Penta and Lanka. Those are a breeze to use. I just can't rewire my brain to work Tigris efficiently.

Conceptually, I think of the Tigris as a "one shot, one kill" weapon like the Vectis.  Tap and release fires both rounds, delivering a full strength shot.  Unlike the Vectis, you also have the option to do half strength shots for a one-two punch.  A half shot is still powerful enough to take down regular units.  I basically fire the first shot and hold the trigger, as I line up the second shot and release.  It feels faster and more responsive than a tap, tap action for both shots.

Changing the Tigris to an auto trigger would feel less controlled and make me think I'm using a cumbersome version of the Boar Prime or the Sobek.  Using the aim button as an alternate fire mechanism would ruin the sniping ability of the gun.  Even with the damage fall-off, it still works well at medium to medium-long range.  Adding a charge mode would also spoil the way the gun handles, making it feel even slower.  I'm not even sure how to implement a charge shot to differentiate between a half and full blast, unless there are multiple charge cycles to loop through.  (R-Type, anyone?)  The Tigris can't afford to fire slower, considering how often reloads are needed.