Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Rng Gods Of Oberon Hate Me /:

Gryphon4848

Dear Warframe Devs, Community Members, and Anyone Reading This Post,

So... I started playing warframe again after about a 2 month hiatus (had to focus on school). Started playing last Friday, and on the first 5 missions I encountered 3 eximus baddies, two of which dropped Oberon Helmet BPs and one of which dropped an Oberon Chassis BP. SINCE THEN, in the past 24+ hours of playing I've gone through, I have encountered about 350+ Eximus enemies, in locations varying from starter planets, to Pluto, Orokin Derelict Missions. I have not gotten a single Oberon drop from any of these 350+, be it systems, chassis, or helmet. Did DE very recently change the drop tables again or do the RNG gods really just want to make me falcon punch my monitor?

Sincerely,

A Guy Who Thought He Was Going To Obtain Oberon Very Easily /:

They may have changed the drop tables some, but I've gotten complete sets in 30 minutes of dark sector survivals, and used to get at least two parts in 15 waves of dark sector defense.  It was kinda like a mid run credit cache since they sell for 3500cr.  But yesterday and today i'm going on 0-1 part in 15 waves of dark sector defense.  The spawn rate on the eximus doesn't seem to have changed, 2-4 every 5 waves.

But could just be RNG.

I did two DS Def on Pluto last night and I had a full set by the end of the second game (20/30 waves) plus extras so they're still dropping as randomly as ever.  Well there was a game inbetween, but left at wave five as Quickening was the reward nothing dropped during that one.

I convinced a friend to buy Oberon, as he was new and I was getting back into the game after leaving for a year.

I felt like such a $&*^ when I was then able to assemble an Oberon later that day. The pieces are common as F***.

Edited by TheBlueMagician

It could be worse, it could be like trying to get Banshee before U13.  That was complete dumb luck if you managed to get all the parts.

I was getting a lot of these parts on the one Earth Interception mission, but that might have been changed a bit.  And you really can't go into that mission with a random group, people need to know what they're doing with good equipment, otherwise there's just lots of death.

I completed 2 rescue 2.0 missions, followed by a 30 minute Dark Sector Survival on Earth. I did not see my first Eximus until 27 minutes in. It dropped around 15 credits.

I swear the RNG gods are just trolling extremely hard right now...

Oberon is nothing special. Youre only missing out on mastery if that last bit wont drop.

I find Oberon is my best drinking frame.  I can get sloppy while playing and use his ult to get HP and Energy back (Equilibrium).

And I can be lazy with Hallowed Ground on defense missions.  Doubly so if I'm paired with a Frost.  Snow Globe + Hallowed Ground, grab a beer:

tumblr_mg4gpvoS5h1qf8cgzo1_r1_500.gif

Update: Still haven't gotten a systems. After about 5 or 6 hours of playing today, strictly playing DSD on Neptune, ODD, ODS, and Phobos missions. Of the many many many Eximus I've encountered as of late, only 1 (or maybe 2) of them decided to grace me with an Oberon BP. Unfortunately, the blueprint(s) I got today were just helmets. A few more to add to my system-less inventory. 

At this point the drop table is looking a bit better, but I'm not sure why the RNG gods can't just give me a single Oberon Systems, it's all I freaking need xD

Back to the grind I guess... At a certain point, the time spent grinding is going to be of more value than the cost of just outright buying the frame, it's sad to say...

• 2 months later...