The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] A Poll About Polls

PsychedelicSnake

They should do more official polls. Also they should do another one of those mission polls now that rescue has been changed:

- Which mission do you like the most?

- Which mission do you think needs improvement?

I bet rescue missions are still the most hated.

Well, I've always liked how polls show an accurate representation of the majority's needs, however, in my opinion it's not enough. When asking for an order or a yes/no question, sure, polls are nice, but when it's about a game feature, there are tons of advantages, disadvantages, suggestions and feedback which are all vital.

I think we should be given a poll but with an option to add our own feedback to it, like "No, I didn't like Melee 2.0 due to the amount of work I have to go through to get the newest mods and their drop rate". 

Otherwise, let people fill a poll AND add feedback in the thread.

Well, I've always liked how polls show an accurate representation of the majority's needs, however, in my opinion it's not enough. When asking for an order or a yes/no question, sure, polls are nice, but when it's about a game feature, there are tons of advantages, disadvantages, suggestions and feedback which are all vital.

I think we should be given a poll but with an option to add our own feedback to it, like "No, I didn't like Melee 2.0 due to the amount of work I have to go through to get the newest mods and their drop rate". 

Otherwise, let people fill a poll AND add feedback in the thread.

I agree in that polls are simply too bare. They oftentimes are not specific enough, and that's why I don't consider them accurate representations of what the community as a whole thinks.

Edited by PsychedelicSnake

Polls can be a reliable form of study depending on the topic, answer choices, and peer pressure.

If I make a most about how much damage a person thinks they have ever done, given several choices with ranges, a lot of people would probably say whichever answer is the highest but if i asked if you were a boy or girl, it would be more realistic.

Funny thing is, if DE decided to open up a poll right now consisting of a series of multiple choice questions: how many people would answer honestly? How many would actually read it at all? If it has like 15 questions, would a person's attention span carry them long enough to finish it?

I guess that is why they do kinda like these ghost statics based on what we do naturally instead of asking us directly. Sorry for my lack in faith on our human race.

In a way, that is why I am happy that some things are not run via the vote system because what people want isnt necessarily best for the long run

/rant?