Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The So Called "free To Play" Game.

SupernovaSymphony

I think this in the end turned to a fruitful thread. I was only temporarily annoyed, as It was more on the behalf of a friend. Im doing pretty well now with building my own frames and weapons. I still think 12 hours is a ridiculous time to wait, but hey, whatever.

Thanks to all of you for all your feedback as It was useful, and helped me enjoy this experience.

I think this in the end turned to a fruitful thread. I was only temporarily annoyed, as It was more on the behalf of a friend. Im doing pretty well now with building my own frames and weapons. I still think 12 hours is a ridiculous time to wait, but hey, whatever.

Thanks to all of you for all your feedback as It was useful, and helped me enjoy this experience.

Thank goodness!

Well, hope you have a pleasant time here. The weapons are really well worth the wait. Most of the Warframes, too. Enjoy yourself. Peace to you, Tenno. 

Anything related in time that annoys you is one of the few subtle ways that can be used to gain plat by DE, and to get paid just a little bit for their hard work.

If the cost of rushing a 12 hour frame went down as you got closer to the build finish, that would make things a bit more fair for the player as well as rake in a few plat for DE rather than none at all spent. 50 plat to rush a frame is a lot of plat initially, but if you're just rushing 1 hour at a time, that could be broken down into 4 plat per hour increments with the exception of the last two hours being 5 plat each. Just an idea.

If I have 3 hours a night in which I have free time, and only one of those is available for gaming, I'd gladly pay a bit of plat to rush my frame, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth if I have one hour left on a build and can't rush that for other than 50 plat, when my gaming time is just about up.

Sure I can wait until the next day, but this is gaming. Not everything is about having the most virtuous patience and I think I can say that most gamers are not going to want to wait either. Of course there is you reader, who is the most virtuous of gamers with the most patience :D

Let's say it's the end of the night, you're about to wrap up playing Warframe after a few missions and you just wish you had the chance to take that new frame or weapon for a spin before you log off, but you have 59 minutes left on the build. Yep, you have to wait until tomorrow, or you could use that time waiting instead of getting some sleep.

So DE could use that scenario to their advantage, and yours, and charge a proportionally reduced fee in order to get your frame/weapon out of the build just a bit quicker. Maybe you off load some of that build time on the front end by paying a bit of plat because you know by a certain time you'll want that frame later in the day?

The important thing I'm trying to get across is this: the opportunity to gain plat is being lost by the lack of flexibility in the rush build charging system. When you force people into an all or nothing scenario, yes you'll have some that will pay that fee up front, but I reckon most will just hold off considering it's not worth it to them.

When that happens, you've just lost a whole lot of small bits of money.

Eh what do I know. Only what I experience I guess, and I don't like experiencing annoying barriers at each turn (I'm looking at you arc traps! grrrr)

This game is free to play. So free. And this would be correct. Unless you want any sort of variation. As Far as Ive seen, you cant use the in game currency, the drop rate of any blue prints, and the ridiculous cost of platinum leads to a game that is dry, repetitive, and boring. 

I see so much potential in this game. The combat is cool, and the mobility really make this game cool in so many ways, IM just so sad to see it wasted on this game,

So my question is, why not put a price on all the weapons and items with the in game currency? Even if the price is high, at least you have something to save for.

Or was the whole point just to make money? Cause you know, who cares about the player, as long as they throw up money.....

in game currency is used to buy blueprints, upgrade mods, build weapons, build components where applicable.... wth are u talking about lol? you cna even buy noob guns at full price credits. Nobody is forcing you to buy platinum, hell i spent 60 bux back in the day as a founder to support the game, and i still have most of it left. i used credits to buy every warframe and weapon i have not platinum......

This game is free to play. So free. And this would be correct. Unless you want any sort of variation. As Far as Ive seen, you cant use the in game currency, the drop rate of any blue prints, and the ridiculous cost of platinum leads to a game that is dry, repetitive, and boring. 

I see so much potential in this game. The combat is cool, and the mobility really make this game cool in so many ways, IM just so sad to see it wasted on this game,

So my question is, why not put a price on all the weapons and items with the in game currency? Even if the price is high, at least you have something to save for.

Or was the whole point just to make money? Cause you know, who cares about the player, as long as they throw up money.....

I have to wonder what kind of world you live in where you are so entitled that you really expect somebody to develop and host a game for your use and amusement, for absolutely nothing. 

Because you punctuate this by basically saying "How dare a company create an entire game and expect something in return!?"

Do you ever think of anyone but yourself?

• 1 month later...

I have this thread bookmarked as I like to read it sometimes. Im nearly mastery rank ten now.I have most of the frames including the prime oneds and Im super happy with how well I built my valk! Its actually pretty funny to think how much of a scrub I was :P

Glad you're still enjoying the game. It IS true that the market can be a bit confusing for new players. It totes all the cash-bought equipment and items all over the place, while blueprints and whatnot aren't.

Anyway, as to the people pointing out the high prices... I think that's more of a tactic and less of being "greedy". Think about it. For a game of this calibur to run, you need two different players:

1. Players that have money, but not alot of time to spend on this game.

2. Players that don't have the money, but have alot of time to spend on this game.

Player 1 comes in, sees the prices, but doesn't mind too much if he/she is enjoying the game and buys some stuff he/she normally wouldn't be able to obtain for a long time due to their busy work life. They invest money into the game.

Player 2 comes in, sees the prices and balks, thus instead invest time into the game by playing and farming what they want.

This explains why cash items that are deemed "important" like potatoes, formas, and inventory slots cost much less than everything else, while cosmetics costs a bit more, and then full warframes/weapons cost an exorbitant amount. Player 2 might see inventory slots cost so little. They go ahead and chuck a few bucks in so they can keep collecting equipment. Player 2 sees the cosmetics...and might buy a piece of armor, or a color palette. Player 2 sees the weapons/warframes and immediately figures "Eh I'd be better off farming them" and invests time in the game to do exactly that.

It's an interesting tactic if that's exactly what they're doing. Problem though lies in the fact that upon first glance, to the average gamer it looks insane.25 bucks for a character in a free 2 play game!? Inconceivable! But in the long run, I think this is pretty viable.