Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The So Called "free To Play" Game.

SupernovaSymphony

This game is free to play. So free. And this would be correct. Unless you want any sort of variation. As Far as Ive seen, you cant use the in game currency, the drop rate of any blue prints, and the ridiculous cost of platinum leads to a game that is dry, repetitive, and boring. 

I see so much potential in this game. The combat is cool, and the mobility really make this game cool in so many ways, IM just so sad to see it wasted on this game,

So my question is, why not put a price on all the weapons and items with the in game currency? Even if the price is high, at least you have something to save for.

Or was the whole point just to make money? Cause you know, who cares about the player, as long as they throw up money.....

Instead of spitting with your rants, you could use your time to find "Blueprints" section in the market, where you can buy blueprints for most weapons with credits and craft them using farmed resources.

The only things in this game that you could buy only with platinum, are additional slots for weapons and frames, and various cosmetic items. Everything else could be obtained in-game.

Great first post, way to go.

EDIT: My apologies for somewhat harsh tone, but I really hate when somebody doesn't bother to try to grasp and explore, and starts ranting and whining instead of asking. This community is far from ideal, but it is one of the best you can find in f2p games. People here will gladly help you to clarify things - if you can confine your discontent first and act politely to community and devs.

Edited by Khranitel

I'm not sure how long you have played the game but noting it to hard to get or to expensive yes their are a ton of things to get but that doesent make it I posible to get every single item is obtainable without the use of actual money besides things that are purely aesthetic so. And if you think plat is to much look at the discount you get when you buy prime access it's a lot. I learned you need to make some fun sometimes go melee only try fully stealth. Theis a ton to do just tint expect it to appear in your hands you need to play for it.

Welcome to Warframe.

It's true you should have searched the market first, though.

But I think this highlights a design flaw in the market, and more so, the tutorial portion. Thinking back, the only reason I knew there were blueprints were cause it was side by side to the plat purchases.

Newbies won't know that. Really ain't all his fault. Pethaps it's time to investigate improving new player experience all the way, hmm?

The only things in this game that you could buy only with platinum, are additional slots for weapons and frames, and various cosmetic items. Everything else could be

And now that you can trade platinum, you can get a decent amount of platinum simply from farming and then selling mods/parts, so you can actually have access to cosmetic without spending a penny in this game.

But I think this highlights a design flaw in the market, and more so, the tutorial portion. Thinking back, the only reason I knew there were blueprints were cause it was side by side to the plat purchases.

Yeah I agree. Though I didn't have much issue finding the BP part, I know a lot of friends who didn't see it at first because of how the market's made. It's fancy-looking, but efficiency was sacrificed a bit.

Edited by Casardis

Instead of spitting with your rants, you could use this time to find "Blueprints" section in the market, where you can buy with credits blueprints of most weapons and craft them with farmed resources.

The only things in this game that you could buy only with platinum, are additional slots for weapons and frames, and various cosmetic. Everything else could be obtained in-game.

Great first post, way to go.

While I don't necessarily agree with the tone per say, this post pretty much sums it up.

Beyond that, since trading was added into the game, you don't even have to spend money to get platinum anymore, you can just farm for some rare mods or prime parts and sell them for platinum and never spend a cent.

I own every frame, I own every prime, I have every arcane helmet, all without buying any of them with platinum, the games trading market even allows you to buy slots for all of these. This game is entirely "Free to play" infact, I feel as if I I don't deserve to have the things I do in game for free. I wish I had the money to throw the devs due to all of the enjoyment I have gotten from it, Free to play boils down into 2 ways of gaining things. Either you put out the time and effort and grind it out in game, or you work for a living, get paid for it, and use that money basically transferring your effort into game.

Let me just explain this for you, you do missions, you gather materials in those missions, you earn money for completeing those missions, you then go to the market and buy a blue print and use the materials and credit.
you can get every character, weapon and sentinel in this game without spending any money. LIke a lot of us have.

Newbies won't know that. Really ain't all his fault. Pethaps it's time to investigate improving new player experience all the way, hmm?

Thats definitely true.

Tutorials in this game are far from ideal. New players could really use more guidance by Lotus. Market in its current state is not very intuitive to navigate.

i think the mentions about where Blueprints in the Market are located has already covered that, no need to repeat it.

this once again, brings up a huge issue, that Warframe LOOKS like a egregiously bad game from outside or first glance.

Warframe does one of the worst jobs at telling players what they need to know to understand what's going on i've ever seen in my life. manuals written in languages i don't understand do a better job of teaching me things than Warframe does of teaching me important basic things.

so let's think Digital Extremes, despite how popular your game is, think about how many freaking people have quit Warframe in the past, like this person may, because the game hides all of the important information from them?

and if we actually freaking focused on fixing those long standing issues, think of how much more popular Warframe could become?

maybe if i say it this way where bottomless pits of Money are involved it'll peak priority interest and jump to the top of the list instead of being acknowledged as a "yeah, we know about that but it's not a big enough problem for us to give two shi*ts".

I gained about 300+ Plats by trading alone and have never bought plats. BP can be bought or taken from from clan research. Frame parts can be farmed from there respected bosses. This game is F2P. Paying players do not have a huge advantage like non playing players.

Welcome to Warframe.

It's true you should have searched the market first, though.

I never really thought much about that... when I start playing the blueprints were right under neath the platinum purchases. Now they're separate and a new player wouldn't really know about blueprints. Only reason I knew to look was because I already knew about them.

At the start of the game you are given one of the three starter Warframes for free.
You get to pick if you want the All-rounder Excalibur, Caster Mag or the manipulative Loki. 

You are also given 50 platinum for free as a starter which you can use to buy more slots for Warframes or inventory slots for weapons.

If you wanted to change weapons, you're going to have to build it from scratch.
Weapon blueprints are sold at the Market. You can use Credits to buy those blueprints.
The resources needed to make them are scattered around each planets. 
These can then be made into the said weapon using the Foundry.
Making these weapons will take time and patience. 

Orokin Catalysts and Reactors are used to super-charge your weapons and Warframes.
Their blueprints can be gotten for free on Alerts and sometimes Invasion matches.
There's currently a 24hour Alert for an Orokin Reactor that you can use for your first Warframe
I suggest finding a player in the recruitment chat channel who would take you on the said mission and help you get it. 

This game is Free to Play with an option to Pay if you wish to speed things up if you are too impatient to actually work for the items you wish to have. 

I've been playing this game for more than half a year and have every Warframe.
The only time I spent actual money on this game is when I decided i want more Warframe slots, and was willing to shed a few bucks just to get em.  

The only flaw i see here is that DE has not made any good attempts on how to help new players with it's crapload of content. Well besides the codex. 

You should definitely read the codex, there's tutorials there iirc. 

Warframe does one of the worst jobs at telling players what they need to know to understand what's going on i've ever seen in my life. manuals written in languages i don't understand do a better job of teaching me things than Warframe does of teaching me important basic things.

So true. I even met mastery 15 people who don't know that there is a max range for affinity. Warframe gives zero advice to the newbs.

Not even the absolute basics.

This game is free to play. So free. And this would be correct. Unless you want any sort of variation. As Far as Ive seen, you cant use the in game currency, the drop rate of any blue prints, and the ridiculous cost of platinum leads to a game that is dry, repetitive, and boring. 

I see so much potential in this game. The combat is cool, and the mobility really make this game cool in so many ways, IM just so sad to see it wasted on this game,

So my question is, why not put a price on all the weapons and items with the in game currency? Even if the price is high, at least you have something to save for.

Or was the whole point just to make money? Cause you know, who cares about the player, as long as they throw up money.....

They need money to make and maintain the game. Additionally, DE has made it possible to obtain EVERY item in the game, besides exclusive Founders gear or event items. It is the player's call to buy platinum and support DE so they can maintain Warframe's F2P model and fix glitches. I'm thinking you're too lazy to rack up some resources and get the "expensive" items for free. Warframe is by far the best game and community I've ever seen, and I'd hate to see it ruined by ranters and downers like you.

/thread.

Agreed with other replies, game is free to play. Done it myself without spending 5 dollars. The issue, I think, is the outlandish prices ($25 for a frame? Come on). Actually made a thread on new players and the market but I think DE got scared off by the 50 or so spoilers =_=

Edited by UpgradeInProgress

Agreed with other replies, game is free to play. Done it myself without spending 5 dollars. The issue, I think, is the outlandish prices ($25 for a frame? Come on). Actually made a thread on new players and the market but I think DE got scared off by the 50 or so spoilers =_=

Ugh, I know, right? Gosh, those prices. My heart skipped a beat when I converted them to real dollars. The 75% coupon does not justify the price, darn it! >_>

At any rate, while we're at this and to the people who recommend reading the codex: Yes, that indeed is pretty useful. However, it could have been done a whole lot better. People won't instinctively go: "Wow, new game! Hey, let's read the codex, because I'm sure important information regarding the game will be there!"

That's not even remotely how the typical player thinks. When I started Warframe, the first thing on my mind was: "YES. LET'S RUMBLE. KILL EVERYTHING!!! RATATATATATATAT!", and that basically sums up what most people come here for, I think. But this game, being deeper than it looks,really needs to hold the players' hands. 

Oh, a mod. How do you use it? What's all those empty bars at the side? You can upgrade it?!! HOW?!! WOW, COOL. Polarity? Sweet. What's this "Polarize" thing? Oooooooh. Neat. I'm going to create a monster.

Hmm, credits. What can I use it for? Hmm, weapons? Where can I get those? Market? Oh, only the blueprints, huh. AND I GOTTA WAIT TO FINISH BUILDING? Oh well. Need resources for those, too. Where do I find those? Killing everything in my path, from one end of the solar system to the other? Sweet. Oh, and mod upgrading needs credits as well? Ah well. 

Parkour? What's that, a new kind of recreational theme park? Oooh, it's movement. How do you do it? What, so you just jump on a wall and--- WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!! AND I CAN SHOOT? CAPITAL, MY GOOD MAN. Wow, I can roll, too! Barrelroll barrelroll barrelroll...

Alright, been playing this for about ten hours now. Got a new weapon and all and--- Uh... Is my computer broken? I think it's broken. Hey, mom! Mom! Moooooooooooom---- OH S#&$ SOMEONE IS TALKING TO ME. WHAT THE F--- WHAT IS THAT? WHAT? AVENGING NEF ANYO? SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII------------------

Yeah. Over all, I think this is what the new player experience is now:

What the hell is going on here?

I agree with the op and here's why:

So I'm farming the keys for Vay Hek. All good .... I can do high level Ceres survival to kill some prosecutors and get their beacons. The "good" part stopped when I noticed that Delta beacons never drop. 

So in one week of doing 3 x 35min survival per day, I got exactly 0 delta beacons. Than I tried the resource drop chance booster and I got 3 delta beacons in 2 x 25 min runs.

Shouldn't those be just an increase in chance to make farm a little faster? 

15 x 35 min -> 0 delta beacons compared to 2 x 25 min -> 3 delta beacons !?

I understand that DE makes money from the platinum, but why make this game pay to play!?

I understand that there should be a difference between the ones that buy platinum and the ones that don't, but not this great.

Edited by nekrojiji