Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Not Avaiable Pistol Amp And Release Shotgun Amp?

SilverHazzes

Since update 13 i´ve been thinking about this. We have something challenging and cool like being able to carry only one weapon and we have the rifle amp and the steal charge so why not having the pistol amp and shotgun amp?

Steal charge has more rank and i understand that because most of the melee weapons don´t have of course the range of a fire weapon. So i would like to have an aura that increases the damage of my secondary since i can just carry it with me. I posted this because I am a pistol lover but why not give something like that to shotgun players.

Of course I know this game has very good sistem in secondaries, it´s remarcable and i am happy with it so I wanna know if is viable and your opinions about it and it would be amazing if some DE can explain to me how they work this because at the end DE are who know how they making their game.

Forgive my english because I am spanish, I twrote this being polite and calm so i wish everyone can answwer like that.

Peace

I'd rather they do something about Rifle Amp and Dead Eye first...

Not only is Dead Eye inferior to Rifle Amp (As it affects Snipers as well as other Rifles) - But both offer less damage increase than Corrosive Projection (Against armoured mid level and higher targets at least) which also improves ALL damage dealt to targets - Not just specific weapons.

Pistol Amp would be OP though - Currently the strongest weapons ingame are Pistols, giving a 60% damage boost to them would just put them into ridiculous levels of damage...

Shotgun Amp would be in a similar position - With how strong the Phage currently is, boosting that further would be quite strong.

I'd rather they do something about Rifle Amp and Dead Eye first...

Not only is Dead Eye inferior to Rifle Amp (As it affects Snipers as well as other Rifles) - But both offer less damage increase than Corrosive Projection (Against armoured mid level and higher targets at least) which also improves ALL damage dealt to targets - Not just specific weapons.

Pistol Amp would be OP though - Currently the strongest weapons ingame are Pistols, giving a 60% damage boost to them would just put them into ridiculous levels of damage...

Shotgun Amp would be in a similar position - With how strong the Phage currently is, boosting that further would be quite strong.

And that's the unfortunate thing, is that other weapons need to suffer for the sake of overpowered things like Marelok, Brakk, and Phage.

The devs are aware of the issue with Dead Eye and are looking in to a fix, so expect that some time within the next two or three fiscal years.

And that's the unfortunate thing, is that other weapons need to suffer for the sake of overpowered things like Marelok, Brakk, and Phage.

The devs are aware of the issue with Dead Eye and are looking in to a fix, so expect that some time within the next two or three fiscal years.

The interesting thing to note, is that it's not just the Marelok and Brakk that do more damage than Primaries, but also:

Stug

Akbolto

Wraith Twin Vipers

Dual Cestra

Detron

Akvasto

Embolist

Akbronco Prime

Bronco Prime

With things like Akmagnus, Cestra, Dual Bronco's, Dex Furis and Afuris being competetive with the top tier rifles and more secondaries out performing most other rifles.

The Shotgun thing is a valid point... But that's just a thing with Shotguns - Only 3 of them do amazing DPS (Phage, Boar Prime and Strun Wraith) - Though most of them do sick burst damage, with Reload Times and lack of good reload mods dropping their DPS down...

first quite sure corrosive projection wont be a great help against corpus and second for that they only have to make rifle amp to stop working for sniper rifles as it should'n have in the first place

The Shotgun thing is a valid point... But that's just a thing with Shotguns - Only 3 of them do amazing DPS (Phage, Boar Prime and Strun Wraith) - Though most of them do sick burst damage, with Reload Times and lack of good reload mods dropping their DPS down...

all those pistols have good Burst Damage but all  (except perhaps the akbolto) also suffer from reduced magazines which means you will also spend a good time reloading (except akvasto unmoded 1.8) which severely drop their DPS, and thats not taking into account some like the stug will either take time to affect or are harder to use 

all those pistols have good Burst Damage but all  (except perhaps the akbolto) also suffer from reduced magazines which means you will also spend a good time reloading (except akvasto unmoded 1.8) which severely drop their DPS, and thats not taking into account some like the stug will either take time to affect or are harder to use 

They have higher DPS including their reload times, and it includes things like the Stug's time to activate.

Their burst DPS is often 2-3 times higher than rifles, damage per shot is often higher (Meaning the smaller magazine size is not an issue, since rifles such as the Boltor, Synapse, Soma etc rely on their high fire rates to achieve their maximum DPS) and their reload times are often shorter.

If they only did better at burst DPS, then I would have mentioned that - But no, they do better Burst and Sustained DPS than Rifles. The only thing you could point out is that Brakk, Stug and Embolist have limited range (But so does the Synapse... Which is outperformed by secondaries I've not mentioned)

They have higher DPS including their reload times, and it includes things like the Stug's time to activate.

Their burst DPS is often 2-3 times higher than rifles, damage per shot is often higher (Meaning the smaller magazine size is not an issue, since rifles such as the Boltor, Synapse, Soma etc rely on their high fire rates to achieve their maximum DPS) and their reload times are often shorter.

If they only did better at burst DPS, then I would have mentioned that - But no, they do better Burst and Sustained DPS than Rifles. The only thing you could point out is that Brakk, Stug and Embolist have limited range (But so does the Synapse... Which is outperformed by secondaries I've not mentioned)

only those? try using a bronco/akbronco beyond short range!

what about dual cestra awful accuracy, its only meant for carpet fire which means hardly any head shot and a lot of misses.

i haven't tried embolist yet but only one of those you listed i can certify is really powerful in all ranges is akBolto which comes with long travel time and the need for trailing.

so it seems balanced to me

Rifle amp affects all rifle based weapons.

Including rocket launchers. :p

They should change it to primary amp and secondary amp.

Previously Rifle amp did upwards of 45% damage.

It turned Ogris into a pwn mobile so DE nerfed it.