Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Inconsistencies Everywhere

Marshall

I consider Warframe as a science fiction game what means that this universe has its own logic, sure.

Though, if I turn off my pc and do something else, I still think about the lore, the game mechanics, etc and am left behind wondering why certain things do happen:

Examples:

a) Survivals are about playing for oxygen because the enemies cut off the support. While this makes sense for space vessels, vay da hek does this happen on open areas like outposts?

b) Environmental hazards deal damage to Warframes that possess the same elemental specialization. So Ember can put herself on fire but running into some else's fire will hurt her, aha.

c)  An assassination is supposed to mean murder somebody. Many targets get killed but appear over and over in the next missions. Vay Hek is the only boss [as far as I know] who escapes before losing all his health. I think we could rename assassination to assault or maybe make every boss flee before they die.

The list goes on.

Perhaps I missed some details, at least this is the way how I experience these events.

I am aware that working on several mechanics requires coding work and time but our developers seem to spend lots of time on not so important stuff still I do appreciate the changes that are being made to the game (especially as a player who joined during the closed beta phase).

I thought about this too.

The hazards/Life support points are obviously inconsistent, but an excuse could be made for the bosses.

A) Corpus bosses, save for Alad V, are all machines. Even if they are prototypes, there could be hundreds of them and still not be "Mass produced"

B) Grineer are all clones. You could argue that they just keep cloning the dead guys.

Not saying these excuses justify it tho.

a) The air itself could be toxic or just not enough to support our needs of oxygen. For example if we go to Mars in real life, we need oxygen tanks to breathe, even in open areas. Only area it doesn't make sense in is Earth. But it could be toxic like there as well kinda like the movie with Will Smith and his son (Can't be bothered to remember its name. Wasn't the greatest)

b) Yes, absolutely makes no sense.

c) It's an MMO. I've killed hundreds of bosses over and over in MMO's. Just how it works.

Edited by SomethingCrazy

The hazards/Life support points are obviously inconsistent, but an excuse could be made for the bosses.

A) Corpus bosses, save for Alad V, are all machines. Even if they are prototypes, there could be hundreds of them and still not be "Mass produced"

Not entirely accurate... you forgot Derf Anyo

A) spaceballs_large_15.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CA

B) I guess they just didn't want Ember being Immortal to enemies like Napalms and Scorchers? Nonsensical from a canon standpoint but fair from a gameplay one.

C) Common RPG trope. Kills a boss. Boss comes back to life like two minutes later.

Edited by Paradoxbomb

kinda like the movie with Will Smith and his son (Can't be bothered to remember its name. Wasn't the greatest)

After Earth.

And while I agree with parts of this OP, you can easily get far, far too critical on non vital points of gameplay relatively quickly. '~'

b) Environmental hazards deal damage to Warframes that possess the same elemental specialization. So Ember can put herself on fire but running into some else's fire will hurt her, aha.

The fact that I can control the elemental force I generate doesn't mean I am immune to elemental forces I cannot control. That's like saying a flame thrower unit shouldn't take damage from a second flame thrower pointed at him. Ridiculous. If you said something along the lines of "elemental frames should be immune to their respective element's proc effect", I could have seen the logic.

I know what you mean... I think about it too. Alot.

I just think that Warframe Lore/ Story has HUGE potential.

But there either is no such thing as a story, or they are holding it back.

Examples:

a) Survivals are about playing for oxygen because the enemies cut off the support. While this makes sense for space vessels, vay da hek does this happen on open areas like outposts?

I thought that, eventually there is some kind of artificial mini atmosphere on earth.

You know .. like... a lot of time has passed - the plants on earth have mutated. Maybe the do not produce oxygen anymore - maybe the Atmosphere on earth is even highly poisonous to Air-breathing lifeforms.

So they might have created some huge energy force field around some areas, that are filled with oxygen to allow the Grineer to work there.

Once they realize they are being overrun, they switch off oxygen production.

Cities in various science fiction stories have these barriers all the time. Sometimes to protect densely populated areas from acid rain or so.

Don't really understand that either. Volt also takes electric dmg... and so on.

The only way to justify this, is to say that it's the warframe that produces/ controls the elemental energy. Not the Tenno inside. So.... like .. using a flamethrower doesn't prevent you from getting burnt.

Still... The elemental Warframes should have a bit of elemental resistance. Like... Volt taking less electrical dmg, Saryn less poison dmg etc..

c)  An assassination is supposed to mean murder somebody. Many targets get killed but appear over and over in the next missions. Vay Hek is the only boss [as far as I know] who escapes before losing all his health. I think we could rename assassination to assault or maybe make every boss flee before they die.

Been thinking about this alot.

In the "Profit" trailer we see Alad V getting thrown from that Gas city tower. It's quite likely he's dead. Yet that weirdo keeps sending the Harvester after us, ergo, he's still alive. just... how? We basically saw him getting killed in the Trailer.

Same with Vor... We killed him on... Merkur I think, yet he's a boss again on Phobos... same goes for Lech Kriil.

The survival thing can be explained in a few ways. On corpus outposts I can see the outposts as biomes. Basically those towers you see in the distance, they "hold the atmosphere in place". Like a sort of dome, but instead of a physical barrier keeping the air in, there are force-fields or something. So on survivals the enemy faction vents this "dome" into the vacuum. 

This makes even more sense when you look at the corpus outposts more closely. If anything they look half abandoned or even a bit run down. It is rather odd to think that every corpus outpost is in the middle of a "natural winter". My theory is that the outposts are "run on a budget". They used to be all warm and fuzzy with plants but Keeping a whole dome warm must take a lot of energy, and energy costs. So they dial the temperature down to "livable" and done. Costs saved (we're talking about corpus here) 

Earth is a different point. On Earth you can't "vent" the atmosphere. If anything I'd explain it by the Grineer forces releasing a toxin into the air. So the air becomes unbreathable and you need anti-toxin dispensers to keep the air in a breathable state. 

Grineer Settlements are a pet peeve. First, this set belongs on Mars. It has all the signature points of Mars. Red, arid and heavy indication to colonization. I mean it looks like it has had ANCIENT cities! What other planet in this solar system has ever been seriously considered for real, total colonization?

But back on the point, you could argue that it is either toxins, or the atmosphere is so thin that it needs to be "boosted" into a livable state and they can just turn it off. 

Warframe elemental connections. I would love to see element based frames have very heavy resistances towards the damage type. It'd really make it seem like they are the element. But I guess why it hasn't been implemented as such is that there are only a handful of frames where something like this would make sense. Saryn for toxic, Volt for Electric, Frost for Cold and Ember for Fire. You could increase this with Mag for Magnetic, Nova for Radiation, Rhino for Blast. But I honestly can't think of any frame besides Saryn who should have an affinity for Gas, Viral and Corrosive. Maybe Nekros for viral (raising the dead n all), Zephyr for Gas (Air is a gas... sort of makes sense, sort of) and Vauban for Corrosive because he's all about defenses or something. 

Bottom line is that if you count only the 4 basic damage elements and said "the frames with these elements are nearly immune" you are creating a bit of a separation that might not seem fair to the rest of us. So the rest feel left out. And again it's the argument that with that frame you can control an element, but that doesn't make you immune to it. 

And for bosses... video game logic. Maybe every fight you have against the boss is "THE fight" Not "A fight" So every new fight is your "only" fight against that boss as far as "story" goes. 

Or you can argue that you've been killing doubles this entire time or they are just really really good at pretending to be dead, and you are really really bad at making sure someone important is dead.  

Phorid is an exception because he is called a "manifestation" Basically this makes me think that Phorid isn't a specific Infected. It's a class. A very powerful type of enemy that only rarely appears. 

Edited by Lakais

B) Grineer are all clones. You could argue that they just keep cloning the dead guys.

Not saying these excuses justify it tho.

Nef Anyo is neither a robot nor a clone. He's a unique individual, like Alad V.

Edit- Ember doesn't set herself on fire. Just because she uses fire doesn't make her fireproof. My lighter creates fire, it is very much not fireproof.

Edited by Mastikator2

a) I wonder that all the time. Especially in sabotage missions, where the ship is going to crash. Except we're on a planet. wut?

b) https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/223819-why-does-frost-have-shields-halved/

c) I support the clone idea, or we are all having a massive Lotus induced hallucination, and when we wake up the boss is remade and stronger (vay hek) and was totally like that the entire time.

I consider Warframe as a science fiction game what means that this universe has its own logic, sure.

Though, if I turn off my pc and do something else, I still think about the lore, the game mechanics, etc and am left behind wondering why certain things do happen:

Examples:

The list goes on.

Perhaps I missed some details, at least this is the way how I experience these events.

I am aware that working on several mechanics requires coding work and time but our developers seem to spend lots of time on not so important stuff still I do appreciate the changes that are being made to the game (especially as a player who joined during the closed beta phase).

a) those areas arent actually open. They are in a huge biodome.

B) just because you can use fire it doesnt mean some one else's fire cant hurt you.  And Ember no longer covers herself on fire.

C) Grineer are clones, they should have a lot of backups in case of ... accidents. The only boss that does not have an answer is the Chief Anyo. Unless it is revealed that he is actually a robot.