Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Codex Entries

(PSN)theelix

Would you please allow us to view Enemy, Warframe and Sentinel Codex entries in game? (Sorry if this is a repost. My browser said it didn't go through the first time.) The Warframe and Sentinel entries are just if you didn't see a character or sentinel before and you want to know about it. Enemies are obvious. Maybe a Mod codex entries, too? So pissed off with seeing mods that I pick up but never get to read them. 

I think the codex is there for you in between missions so you can prepare while you set up your weapons and things, however having it ingame could lead to people just standing around in what is a very mobile game. That or durping around in the codex while getting shot to death.

Why...

You can just see them later in your codex/inventory...

You just got this mod in the middle of survival, you're planning on going two hours, you get this mod in the first twenty minutes... I really want to see what that mod is, now. I don't want to wait for an hour, but I don't want to leave early. 

Also, say you're fighting, idk, Lephantis. You're a newb, you want to know his stats and you just did the last scan, you can quickly look at it and see his weaknesses.

But.... if you're busy looking at the codex while in a mission, you're not killing things.  How many ninjas, outside of anything in Naruto, take a break mid mission and read their encyclopedia? 

If you're doing a survival for two hours, how are you even going to find a gap in the enemies to avoid being killed while looking at the codex?  After the boss fight, well, maybe, but then everyone will be wondering why aren't you moving when everyone else is trying to exit the level.  

Since you're on a PS4, I cannot suggest you use the steam overlay or task switch to a browser... maybe the wiki page on a tablet or one of the Warframe android apps?  Other than that, I really don't know what to suggest.  When you're in mission, you're almost always in a group, focusing on shooting, and not reading up on things.  Stopping every few minutes of teammates looking at their loot drops is what killed playing Borderlands 2 for me when all i want to do is shoot and have fun.

But.... if you're busy looking at the codex while in a mission, you're not killing things.  How many ninjas, outside of anything in Naruto, take a break mid mission and read their encyclopedia? 

If you're doing a survival for two hours, how are you even going to find a gap in the enemies to avoid being killed while looking at the codex?  After the boss fight, well, maybe, but then everyone will be wondering why aren't you moving when everyone else is trying to exit the level.  

Since you're on a PS4, I cannot suggest you use the steam overlay or task switch to a browser... maybe the wiki page on a tablet or one of the Warframe android apps?  Other than that, I really don't know what to suggest.  When you're in mission, you're almost always in a group, focusing on shooting, and not reading up on things.  Stopping every few minutes of teammates looking at their loot drops is what killed playing Borderlands 2 for me when all i want to do is shoot and have fun.

I find breaks in survival constantly before melee 2.0. Now, it's just like they don't even start coming until after forty minutes. Also, I do admit that the idea seems kind of stupid the way I'm currently explaining. In my head, I'm seeing like, you look at an enemy and press (action button) and you could see the info pop up on your screen like those sci-fi movies. The Mods, though, you'd have to go into the menu and look at your current mission stuff. I mean, on PS4, since they took away blocking from the D-pad and switched it to R2 under certain circumstances, we have three unused buttons. It wouldn't be too hard to look at someone and press R3. But, that's how I have it out in my head, I'm not so good with words sometimes, especially when it comes to stuff like this. Getting an idea out, I mean.