Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur 2.0 - We Are Almost There!

r0ckwolf

Is this 16.5 or U17?

We do not know! Basically DE doesn´t know either as far as i can tell... I hope it´s gonna be 16.5, but it is a technicall and artisticall demanding rework which could lead to unexpected difficulties in the development process. We might not get it until after U17!!!

Let´s hope that´s not gonna be the case! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

<p>

Another hot fix, another nerf, +"!%"+!"+!

• Excalibur’s Radial Blind now gets half its duration on targets that are looking away.
This is a pvp change for balance reasons. It does not effect the regular game. I am curious though how the upcoming change is gonna work in pvp. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested to hear opinions about the changes now.  Since they're happening exactly as Scott said the first time around, none of you should be surprised.

I'm not too keen on the Valkyr-lite direction they want to take xcal, but hopefully he doesn't get invulnerability so they can get important feedback on the terrible state of defenses in Warframe.

Edit:

How much you wanna bet he gets more armor than Rhino and DE makes no comment?  50 bucks?  .... I think I'm willing to bet 50 bucks....

Edited by Thaumatos

There was not

I'm interested to hear opinions about the changes now.  Since they're happening exactly as Scott said the first time around, none of you should be surprised.

I'm not too keen on the Valkyr-lite direction they want to take xcal, but hopefully he doesn't get invulnerability so they can get important feedback on the terrible state of defenses in Warframe.

Edit:

How much you wanna bet he gets more armor than Rhino and DE makes no comment?  50 bucks?  .... I think I'm willing to bet 50 bucks....

All changes were nerfs and made Excalibur less useful, so whatever they change it should be worse.

All changes were nerfs and made Excalibur less useful, so whatever they change it should be worse.

What? The only changes currently made to Excal was a nerf to his pvp form, which DOES NOT affect the rest of the game. How many thick skulls does this need to get through? The upcoming changes will make Excalibur MORE useful, and will put every frame on par with his supposedly boosted mobility. They will NOT nerf him completely, as far too many I see are complaining about.

What? The only changes currently made to Excal was a nerf to his pvp form, which DOES NOT affect the rest of the game. How many thick skulls does this need to get through? The upcoming changes will make Excalibur MORE useful, and will put every frame on par with his supposedly boosted mobility. They will NOT nerf him completely, as far too many I see are complaining about.

Yes, his PvP was nerfed. That is also nerf. Shall we call that something else or what?

Besides, until now they ONLY nerfed Excalibur so I really have no idea where you get your optimism that they will not nerf him further.

... Alright, they are replacing an ability that will literally do NOTHING, with an ability that will do SOMETHING. If that isn't a buff, I don't know what is. And honestly, I don't consider the addition of a downside to RB in conclave a nerf, because it was quite overpowered, as many have stated before me. Turn a whole bunch of people's screens white for the rest of the match if you wish, I would prefer that the game be given proper balance in such areas. In this case, a way to reduce the 'damage'; turn away from the Excalibur that's trying to blind you.

... Alright, they are replacing an ability that will literally do NOTHING, with an ability that will do SOMETHING. If that isn't a buff, I don't know what is. And honestly, I don't consider the addition of a downside to RB in conclave a nerf, because it was quite overpowered, as many have stated before me. Turn a whole bunch of people's screens white for the rest of the match if you wish, I would prefer that the game be given proper balance in such areas. In this case, a way to reduce the 'damage'; turn away from the Excalibur that's trying to blind you.

RB was quite usable until they began changing it over and over again. It did something, and as written above, grenades were no real danger, they would not hit you most of the time anyway. So where is the buff? Cosmetic changes at best.

The screen should not stay white. That is a bug and answer is not nerfing the power.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn that preview of his new abilitys looked awesome! :D My only concern is that they remember to buff his stats for survivability.

And hopefully that those buffed survivability stats aren't only on during his ultimate.

That devstream preview, holy crap. After seeing what they did to Slash Dash, all of my Super Jump-related worries melted away in an instant. (For those who didn't watch the stream, Slash Dash can now be aimed into the air in any direction and appears to force you off the ground just as quickly and reliably as Super Jump did, making it perfect for both mobility and evasion.)

I am officially 100% pumped for this update.

Excaliburs rework is FLAWLESS I hope its implemented Very soon!

Makes Excal My New Fav now

I still Love You Ash =(

I dnt think he needs anymore works DE might need to play him out tho with Mods various builds and augmenst to see how this affects his playstyle but the display of his abilities made Me Cry "Blind Swordsmen"

Zatoichi got nothing on Excal.

Thank You SteelSoldier!

Damn that preview of his new abilitys looked awesome! :D My only concern is that they remember to buff his stats for survivability.

And hopefully that those buffed survivability stats aren't only on during his ultimate.

I'm gonna jump the gun here & assume that no stats will be buffed. And that survivability will come in the form of CC via Radial Blind. Especially since the slide attack while using the Ult finishes in an automatic Radial Blind with no power cost. 

I can feel it. That's what Scott is thinking. 

One thing that worries me a bit-- they said that Excal's 4 will take melee mods into account, "just like Hysteria". I really hope this doesn't include your melee weapon's base stats at all; if it does, Excal players will be screwing themselves over by using any weapon but Scindo Prime. Not good.

If the 4 just takes the stats from the mods themselves, though (as if the Holy Sword were just another melee weapon whose stats are boosted by your melee mods), then that would be a lot better... but it still means that players would be slightly gimping themselves by using builds that don't revolve around raw normal-attack damage (e.g. Exploding Glaive builds and such).

(EDIT: My mistake; Hysteria actually only takes critical and base damage mods into account. Things like elemental / status / Reach / channeling / attack speed mods have always been ignored entirely. I just hope that the Holy Sword doesn't care about your melee weapon's base stats like Hysteria does.)

I still think that the 4 should just take from Power Strength and nothing more, so players can equip whatever weapons they want build their weapons however they want without worrying about it making their 4 subpar.

Edited by SortaRandom

The 4 weapon is going to have it's own base stats unrelated to your melee weapon. Your melee mods as stated though will affect the 4 weapon.

I didn't watch the whole devstream; did the devs say this somewhere?

One thing that worries me a bit-- they said that Excal's 4 will take melee mods into account, "just like Hysteria". I really hope this doesn't include your melee weapon's base stats at all; if it does, Excal players will be screwing themselves over by using any weapon but Scindo Prime. Not good.

If the 4 just takes the stats from the mods themselves, though (as if the Holy Sword were just another melee weapon whose stats are boosted by your melee mods), then that would be a lot better... but it still means that players would be slightly gimping themselves by using builds that don't revolve around raw normal-attack damage (e.g. Exploding Glaive builds and such).

I still think that the 4 should just take from Power Strength and nothing more, so players can equip whatever weapons they want without worrying about it making their 4 subpar.

The 4 weapon is going to have it's own base stats unrelated to your melee weapon. Your melee mods as stated though will affect the 4 weapon.

I didn't watch the whole devstream; did the devs say this somewhere?

eh..what they said doesn't quite make sense.

In the devstream Scott said "it will take all your melee weapon mods into account like valkyr"..... but Valkyr's doesn't.

So is Scott forgetting that Valkyr's hysteria don't actually take ALL melee weapon mods into account...

or does Excaliburs ult work differently?

We will have to wait and see.

Edited by Ronyn