The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Schadenfreude Players Intentionally Blocking Ogris To Teamkill

LeMoog

So seriously you guys would like to continue the current situation where trolls can remove a weapon that you had to earn from your use?

Trolls aren't removing anything, they have no power over anything.

I only ask if you can grief a Penta user because 95% of them are obnoxious explosion spammers. They can clearly solo any map, but they choose to enter multiplayer where they ruin every one else's game by trivializing the enemy threat. (yeah, whatever, new players like it and some people like speedruns etc. etc.)

And I like explosions, what I don't like is a nuke going off every 2 seconds, converting the game into a run-to-the-finish-line simulator.

To be fair, I think they carpet bomb simply because they can. Who wouldn't when you have 500 nukes to toss around?

Edited by DarkTails

I don't jump but now you mention it the last guy doing this was jumping infront of me, I guess he has played with you in the past but I was using a penta so it didn't work out for him

What I see here is that everyone has had to adopt solutions to try to protect themselves from trolls where the best solution is to make trolling impossible. 

This way the people who have invested in this game cannot have their investment removed and hopefully the trolls will go elsewhere and make the game and the forums a nicer place to visit

if someone starts to try and block me i just stop firing and let the team handle the rest of the mission.  Solves the issue entirely if im prepared for it.  Otherwise I usually stick to only using Ogris as Zephyr because of people like that.

I only ask if you can grief a Penta user because 95% of them are obnoxious explosion spammers. They can clearly solo any map, but they choose to enter multiplayer where they ruin every one else's game by trivializing the enemy threat.

And I like explosions, what I don't like is a nuke going off every 2 seconds, converting the game into a run-to-the-finish-line simulator.

Also, they are quite lazy and just stand on one spot spamming rockets or granades. Not even bothering with the rest of the team.

Hence, they must be trolled.

I only ask if you can grief a Penta user because 95% of them are obnoxious explosion spammers. They can clearly solo any map, but they choose to enter multiplayer where they ruin every one else's game by trivializing the enemy threat.

so... would you be happy if i brought my boltor prime that with shred can mow down groups JUST as quickly?

Also, they are quite lazy and just stand on one spot spamming rockets or granades. Not even bothering with the rest of the team.

Hence, they must be trolled.

I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this wasnt a troll.

If the mission is to defend something how does running around or standing still effect the team's ability to complete the mission,

In my experience when I am playing frost with a ogris or penta I can defend the target better than most people running around, if they didn thave a frost then they would not complete as many waves. Yes I have tested this playing the same map and team with different warframe and tactics.

I suppose that if you are not looking to do more than 5 waves then someone killing everything could get boring and possible annoying but then again I do not use this tactic on low rank enemies.

so... would you be happy if i brought my boltor prime that with shred can mow down groups JUST as quickly?

I can do the same thing with my Hind, Dera, or Dual Cestras, but no one ever complains about those weapons like they do about the Penta. Not sure what that means, but it's an interesting factoid.

I can do the same thing with my Hind, Dera, or Dual Cestras, but no one ever complains about those weapons like they do about the Penta. Not sure what that means, but it's an interesting factoid.

So... then why the hate towards the penta/ogris users when we BOTH can agree that there are weapons that kill just as fast? or in some cases faster.

I only ask if you can grief a Penta user because 95% of them are obnoxious explosion spammers. They can clearly solo any map, but they choose to enter multiplayer where they ruin every one else's game by trivializing the enemy threat. (yeah, whatever, new players like it and some people like speedruns etc. etc.)

To be fair, I think they carpet bomb simply because they can. Who wouldn't when you have 500 nukes to toss around?

trolls aren't removing...; yes they are, people here have posted that they do not use their ogris or adopt troll avoidance methods because of this problem

I only ask if you can grief a Penta user because 95% ...... if as said earlier you are with a team that only want to do 5 waves i.e. they are not there for a real challenge then yes and hence why I avoid low rank missions.

I chose the weapon and warframe to win, if you want to run around shooting low rank enemy then fine you wont see me there with an ogris but by the same token I dont expect to see you trolling me in a mission that requires an ogris
Edited by LeMoog

I have yet to see a Volt trolling people.

I think Volt's shield can block teammates bullets like Frost's shield, so I guess you could grief that way lol

So... then why the hate towards the penta/ogris users when we BOTH can agree that there are weapons that kill just as fast? or in some cases faster.

Probably because the mass murdering isn't as prevalent with other weapons.

Edited by DarkTails

I think Volt's shield can block teammates bullets like Frost's shield, so I guess you could grief that way lol

Probably because it isn't as prevalent.

Also, he can make you hug random walls or fall of the map if timed correctly. Speed is quite good for trolling.

trolls aren't removing...; yes they are people here have posted that they do not use their ogris because of this problem

The only thing we've seen in this thread is players complaining about other players getting in their way when shooting. We don't know if it's trolling or just frantic tenno running around, accidentally blocking your shot. It's probably a mix of both, but it's your choice to use the weapon or not.

Here's another, ignore the players that you think are griefing you, that way you know who to avoid.

Edited by DarkTails

The only thing we've seen in this thread is players complaining about other players getting in their way when shooting. We don't know if it's trolling or just frantic tenno running around, accidentally blocking your shot. It's probably a mix of both, but it's your choice to use the weapon or not.

Here's another, ignore the players that you think are griefing you, that way you know who to avoid.

Actually I do know that is it trolling, if someone is standing in front facing you and moving to counter each of your moves then clearly they are doing it on purpose. As I said earlier accidents happen and that is acceptable but being intentionally disruptive in game should be impossible 

There have been people who posted that they find it offensive when people use the ogris and the real question is why, yes you can kill many with a single shot but the firerate is lower than other weapons, volt can kill much more with his ultimate again this is accepted so what exactly is the problem with the ogris unless it is jeolosy and the same motive behind nerfing weapons and warframes.

I am just interested in understanding if there is any reason other than griefing behind this

Edited by LeMoog

Actually I do know that is it trolling

Okay, for the times it's happened to you, let's say it was trolling.

Now, how about everyone else? How do we determine if the griefing really is as widespread as you make it out to be? How do we know 95% of these incidents aren't being grossly exaggerated and it's really just players running around irratically?

Why should there be some kind of vague mechanic implemented that makes it "impossible to be intentionally disruptive" when we don't even know if there really is a problem?

But anyway, I guess a simple solution would be to let the rockets pass through teammates.

Edited by DarkTails

Okay, for the times it's happened to you, let's say it was trolling.

Now, how about everyone else? How do we determine if the griefing really is as widespread as you make it out to be? How do we know 95% of these incidents aren't simply players running around irratically?

Why should there be some kind of vague mechanic implemented that makes it "impossible to be intentionally disruptive" when we don't even know if there really is a problem?

But anyway, I guess a simple solution would be to let the rockets pass through teammates.

Yes that is what I said in the first post and added removing your team mates from view whilst zooming in a later post.

I cannot see either of these impacting anyone negatively and is the norm is many games presumably to avoid this problem before it begins.

I use the ogris only high level defense maps where I am looking to get a rare drop or on ODD with my clan and more recently on the new vayhek mission , I try to be a team player and pull my weight for the team. but there are others who clearly want to work against the team and that needs to be addressed so they go away and bother someone else.

Closed the topic. 

No, the mods you suggest do not fix this problem at all, punch through means often your rocket doesn't detonate at all even when shooting at the floor and using them maxed is no guaranty that it will prevent TK it is still random.

So your best advise is that I should cripple my weapon because some fool thinks it is fun to TK, that was the point I was making.

Everyone is trying to ignore this problem and/or coming up with more mods rather than removing the whole issue once and for all i.e. allow all fire to pass through your team.

They made it so you can walk through your teams mates to stop people blocking doorways why not finish it off by removing the last favorites of FPS trolls namely blocking fire and obscuring scoped view.

Edited by LeMoog

Well, at least if you are dead, you still gt the end reward so leach away if they try this. let them fight alone. get on a lunch break during mission or do something else. You get a free run anyway and they can't do the damn thing about it.

Well, at least if you are dead, you still gt the end reward so leach away if they try this. let them fight alone. get on a lunch break during mission or do something else. You get a free run anyway and they can't do the damn thing about it.

So I should just let the trolls kill me and leave the game rather than ask DE to fix this problem?

Why not just abandon the mission everytime anyone is trolling so they get the pleasure to being overtly disruptive?

How about instead the troll's power to disrupt is removed as they are the one's causing the problem, at the moment it is ogris but it will be your favourite weapon next, these people are not fighting the official enemy they want to fight you and make you suffer because that is how they get their kicks, I suggest the weapon being used is immaterial to them

I am not asking DE to monitor all games like a babysitter although a vote kick would be nice as well but I am asking them to finish the antitroll measures that they started with making players unabel to block doorways

Edited by LeMoog

250px-ShredMod.pngMetalAugerMod.png

If i remember correctly... even with punch through it still does not fix the team mate problem. 

But lets say im wrong, I might just be.

My friend has had accounts of his ROCKETS GOING THROUGH THE GROUND and NOT exploding at all because of adding punch through

If i remember correctly... even with punch through it still does not fix the team mate problem. 

But lets say im wrong, I might just be.

My friend has had accounts of his ROCKETS GOING THROUGH THE GROUND and NOT exploding at all because of adding punch through

Might as well just put on Shred for its punch-through and speed up of charge. Aim at a thick floor and presto!

I don't jump but now you mention it the last guy doing this was jumping infront of me, I guess he has played with you in the past but I was using a penta so it didn't work out for him

What I see here is that everyone has had to adopt solutions to try to protect themselves from trolls where the best solution is to make trolling impossible. 

This way the people who have invested in this game cannot have their investment removed by abusive "players" and hopefully the trolls will go elsewhere and make the game and the forums a nicer place to visit

As much as having trolls removed is always the best thing ever, how exactly would you do this?